Halo Reviews

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Summary

Platforms:
Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows 2000
Halo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Halo

Halo

“I'd firstly like to explain some of my ratings....”

Written on: 05/05/2007 by Josso (10 reviews written)

I'd firstly like to explain some of my ratings. Overall rating is only not 10 because of the single player and graphics are marked 10 because I am judging the game "for the time".

I purchased Halo: Combat Evolved a few months after it came out for PC. I naturally went straight to the single player - whacked it on a medium difficulty level of difficulty and started playing. It wasn't overly hard to complete the game and the storyline did not particularly entice me. This is however before I… Read Full Review

Happydan's Response to Josso's Review

Written on: 08/05/2007

Nice review. I agree that the single player levels could have been better, but the story is very deep, and for those interested there are plenty of books and comics detailing the back-story.

Read 1 Comment

“There is nothing special about Halo. Though it has a...”

Written on: 28/04/2006 by thespicycabbage (12 reviews written)

There is nothing special about Halo. Though it has a storyline and amazing graphics, there is nothing else that stands out about the game. You could take a simlar game like CounterStrike and it would be the same game play… Read Full Review

Elricardo's Response to thespicycabbage's Review

Written on: 28/04/2006

I\'ve read reviews on the PC version of this and apparently on a good system its as good as the Xbox version. I have to disagree with the review here.....In my opinion Halo re wrote the FPS rule book and was, on its release date, nearly 3 years ago (on PC) was cutting edge. Some levels do get samey, but all in all it was, and still is, an epic gaming experience.

Elricardo's Response to thespicycabbage's Review

Written on: 22/05/2006

There are always going to be similarities between different games of the same genre. That doesn't necessarily make them bad games. You could do the same with Max Payne, Dead To Rights and the Hitman series. They all reviewed well, if essentially very similar.
I found Halo particularly good as it delivered a story with excellent graphics and gameplay.

Thespicycabbage's Response to thespicycabbage's Review

Written on: 02/05/2006

Is that so? Then tell me, what is the difference between say, Counter-Strike and Halo? Doom and Halo? Every Shoot-em-Up and Halo?

Read 3 Comments

“Many people seem to like the Halo PC game, so I tried...”

Written on: 11/10/2005 by brightlight (2 reviews written)

Many people seem to like the Halo PC game, so I tried the single player in school, on my friend's computer for a couple of hours. Is it good? I say it is fairly good. This is obviously targeted to light gamers who play once a week with friends, and it can be good without constant practice etc. I would say the price is worth it. Even though I may not enjoy it, many do. It's more of fun action shooting game, rather than focus aiming for head games, like Counterstrike. Pretty fun… Read Full Review