Pas De La Casa, Manzano Apartments Reviews

Pas De La Casa, Manzano Apartments
4.0

Pas De La Casa, Manzano Apartments - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pas De La Casa, Manzano Apartments

“Overall I'd say it's not ideal for families, long...”

written by Sooz294 on 26/01/2009

Overall I'd say it's not ideal for families, long transfer, resort one of those that's built up the side of the mountains rather than one in the valley that's all level, so lots of uphill walking to do, which is exhausting when you first arrive as you're not used to the altitude - it kills the lungs & legs, though by the end of the week it's not really a problem!! Not as cheap as it used to be (Andorra), the food in the Manzano Appts was very good - you can get breakfast & evening meals there if you like, maybe lunch too but we didn't look for that, though 17 euros for steak & chips isn't cheap in my books. I'd say that the only less expensive thing to buy in Pas is booze (don't know about cigs as I don't smoke) & that's not much different now to UK prices due to the euro being almost 1 for 1 to the pound. A bottle of perfume was cheaper in my local Debenhams! Eating out - in the town 7 euros for a cheese & tomato pizza, they've got a burger king there but at 5-8 euros for a meal not cheap! - up on the slopes hot chocolate 3.5 euros, coffee 1.5 euros, chips 3.5 euros, paella/spag bol 7 euros. Ski wear is cheaper in my local ski shop. Was very disappointed/ashamed of the brits that went there, lots of bad language, drunkeness - the stereotypical "Brit abroad", as I mention earlier, great if you're with a load of mates & that's what you want to do, but if you're a family go somewhere nicer, just watch out for brochures that say "lively resort" as it usually means loud brits up till all hours!! To sum up, Manzano appartments good value for money, clean, comfortable, plenty of hot water & a bath (luxury!) if they were in a different country would certainly consider going back!!

“Good location, great resort, value for money. Choose...”

written by doggindude on 23/03/2007

Good location, great resort, value for money. Choose your restaurants carefully. Stay in the Manzano self catering only, you've been told.

“Been to Pas De La Casa a few times, and would...”

written by jules73uk on 07/06/2006

Been to Pas De La Casa a few times, and would recommend the Manzano hotel to anyone. Our group will certainly be going again. Snow was fantastic, and it had snowed over half a metre the day before we got there. It is a long walk to the nursery slope, but if you cut down the steps by Olympiades Apartments, you can ski across the slope and it brings you pretty close. You have still got to walk, but nowhere near as far.

“I had a brill time in Pas De La Casa (Manzano), great...”

written by beermats on 30/01/2005

I had a brill time in Pas De La Casa (Manzano), great for beginners except for the long walk to the nursery slopes. Any bit of experience and you can ski across instead of walking. I was disappointed with the night life. Its not as cheap as everybody makes out or as busy. You can make happy hour last from 4:30 to 10:30 if you know the right bars to go to. Supermarkets are dirt cheap. Pistes are good and there are some exellent runs especially if you make your way over to grau roig (need to be able to do a difficult red run to get back though.

“Overall there aren't many things I can complain about...”

written by kiwifruit on 04/01/2005

Overall there aren't many things I can complain about the, The nightlife is fantastic and all the people are really friendly. The Manzano Apartments is a bit of a journey uphill but it's not too much of a problem. The beer is cheap and the spirits are being poured down your neck faster than you can swallow. I would not advise families to go there because it does tend to get a bit loud at times as there are a lot of young groups about. I would definitely recommend this holiday for and young people looking for a good time.