Severn Trent Water www.stwater.co.uk

Severn Trent Water www.stwater.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Severn Trent Water www.stwater.co.uk

“Low water pressure”

written by 57Baker on 12/05/2024

We live on a park home with 32 residents and we have been struggling with water ptressure for about two months, at last we had a very nice guy come out and checked all the man hole feeds around the site, he also checked the water pressure within our home and found the problem which was a clogged up pipe at the main feed,he also requested a new part for the main feed as the other was old and not functioning properly. Once he identified the problem he checked with the residents that the pressure was okay. I have to say that he investigated all possible issues by checking several feeds and done a brilliant job, well done and thanks 11/05/24 Job reference number is 13691011

“Severn Trent rip off price hike”

written by RichGrace on 18/03/2024

Just got this year's water bill from Severn Trent. It's gone up almost £100 !!! Why? Just why?? What has ST done to justify a 15% increase ?? My water is the same, no one has upgraded anything nearby where I live or even in my street, water leaks, polluted rivers, homes of many people in Leicester have been flooded recently because the drains and sewers are badly maintained and/or blocked and the list goes on!! So many reasons for ST to NOT force a big price hike on their already financially stretched customers ... and yet..... they have !! Again !! But this year I will have to now pay £650 !! It was £560 last year. I have a shared supply with my neighbour too !! And ST charge my neighbour the same !!!!! It comes in the same flippin pipe ST !!! The same pipe !!! But now that water coming through that same pipe is almost £200 more expensive this year for absolutely no clarified or justified reason ???!!!!! I called them today to ask why they have forced this unjustified rise onto us all ...... 4.6 million ST customers. No solid answers at all, just excuses and placatory sound bites . I then pointed out that what ST have just foisted onto us, their 'loyal' customers works out at just under half a billion pounds !!! (£460,000). Last year's profit for ST was .... wait for it... half a billion pounds !! (£508,000). Surprise surprise! A manager is calling me back within 24 to 48 hours , apparently to explain why there has been a huge price hike ... again. I'm interested to hear his excuses. I'll let you know .....

“Water left turned off when meter changed.”

written by MikeinStudley on 15/01/2024

We were not told when Severn Trent were going to replace our meter with a "smart meter" unfortunately the person installing it wasn't smart enough to turn the water back on when they had finished. When complaining an engineer rang who wanted me to turn it back on. He sent me pictures of what needed to be done but the instructions were wrong for our installation and he wasn't happy about coming out to fix their mistake.

“Experience service ”

written by rvHill308 on 07/09/2023

Just had a young chap to fit my new meter..He was very polite,very tidy and very knowledgeable about his job..he is a credit to Severn trent..we asked him questions about the new meter and he was willing to answer them which put our mind at ease. Thank you for sending him to us. The work that was carried out was very professional. And he didn't leave until he was satisfied that there wasn't any leaks or air in the pipes. He left us a card with information about the old meter readings and the new one. Overall I'm a very satisfied customer.

“No working toilet ”

written by Melany225 on 04/07/2023

Due to a blocked drain in a shared line, I have been unable to use my toilet, or any water facilities for 3 days - myself and my 4 year old have been unable to wash, use the washing machine, empty the tap, or flush the toilet, attempted to call almost every hour to be told they do not know when they will visit, but it could be before Wednesday - with in the 3 day emergency call out limit! Now we are living with raw sewage leaking into our driveway from the blocked drain. Unsafe for a 4 year old.

“Useless ”

written by CustomerB1 on 04/07/2023

Several times I have used their chat system on WhatsApp and majority of the time it's a waste of time. I don't think they even read the messages properly. Among other issues I had with them in the past, my account doesn't allow me to go paperless. I can't have access to the so called smart meter details which was installed as a result of so many billing issues! The only thing they capable of is to demand the money upfront. Thanks to our esteemed government there is no competition for them either hence giving their shareholders £260M in dividend last time!!!

“MISSING WATER STOP TAP IN STREET !!”

written by Foundryfox7 on 23/03/2023

After years of not knowing where or how to turn our water off in the street (we never could find the stop valve) agent came to fit a new type stop valve outside our property, the main was expertly found by agent, he was followed shortly after by the dig team who made short work of fitting the new valve, after the job was finished they cleaned up and you could hardly tell where they had been working, a good job MANY THANKS to you all 10/10.

“Fraud and data breach”

written by JMFinnegan on 05/02/2023

Currently in the process of taking Severn Trent to court for trickingly creating fictitious accounts for an amount of £1,356.00 through Equifax, also creating 6 missed payments. A litigations employee now reported to several professional bodies is in very serious trouble.Police are now involved. I have contacted the CEO and awaiting her response in the meantime I have sent a registered letter to her outlining the procedures at hand. Legal action is the only way now as my credit record is totally destroyed ''see you in court STW!

“My personal information being shared with a 3rd partry.”

written by 4781anderson on 25/11/2022

Sir/Madam, I wish to register a Formal Complaint against Severn Trent in that I have recently been informed that from January 2023 they will start sharing my data with credit reference agencies.I fundamentallty object to this. The sharing of my private and confidential information with such 3rd parties, having no connection with a water service provider " beggars belief ", at such high handed attitude towards it's customers. Where is Severn Trent's "Duty of Care" in this fiasco.

“Sewerage flooding my garden for 2 years”

written by AlianaWheeler on 17/08/2022

The Customer service is absolutely disgusting, I have made over 50 calls , because the drain in alleyway collapsed 2 years ago and at first severn trent blamed the drain in my garden so I claimed on my insurance who came out and it was not. Severn trent in April this year finally admitted fault but still have not resolved this. My extension was taken down, garden wall and gate removed, still not fixed it. When I ring I keep being told someone will ring me back but still not fixed and they really don't care the distressing state I am having to live with.

“Workmen ”

written by MrsJTodd on 18/06/2022

I had a blocked drains and sewage was everywhere. I called Severn Trent who sent out two workmen to fix the problem. They were the most helpful, polite, and friendly workmen and did not leave until they were sure the problem was 100% fixed. They did a fantastic job and are a credit to Severn Trent.

“One of the most expensive providers”

written by Rayanu18 on 07/03/2022

According to Severn Trent they are one of the cheapest water providers in the country. I think they are extremely disillusioned by this statement. I recently queried their cubic meter cost as it is about 50% more expensive than my previous London supplier. Severn Trent say the charges are correct. How can they get away with this?  I have given 1 star as their Customer Services representatives are good.

“fixed their water leak”

written by on 24/11/2021

The water leak which was their side of the meter under the pavement outside my house was fixed in one visit. It was a bit messy, mud etc, but was cleaned up the following day so all good.

“Hopeless ”

written by McDermottif1947 on 03/09/2021

Taking weeks to transfer to them...still not sorted...nobody seems to answer the phones and the reply on WhatsApp sooooo slow...rubbish

“Threatening court over £27”

written by ljJones1968 on 21/08/2021

Im on UC and moved 6 months ago,their BIG DIFFERENCE SCHEME has ignored me twice about not being able to afford their bill,paid what I can every month,got debt down to £27 now they are threatening me with court which they say will add £85 to my account and black mark my credit,I get £50 a week to live on so get in line Severn Trent

“A total shambles”

written by on 20/06/2021

Twice now I have received a reminder saying I haven't paid my bill. I haven't had a any bill either by post or email. I have tried ringing - there is no answer. I have tried to email - the address is not given. I would love to arrange a call back as per the website but when I telephone this is not an option. I do not have social media so cannot use this but given my experience I doubt this option is valid. Also, the opening times given on the reminder are not those given on the website.

“Customer service”

written by Homeowner10 on 12/06/2021

Customer service is non existent. Water supply cut off today, no warning, no reason. Checked website, a problem was noted but even severn trent don't know what it is. Odd as they provide the water. Were in contact with them a few weeks ago for a different issue, they were totally confused and unhelpful.

“£29 owed causes 14 months of credit defaults!”

written by Keegan1988 on 18/05/2021

After moving away from my property and closing the account there was a time lapse which caused me to owe Severn Trent £29. For 14 months (as I wasn't at the correspondence address). I spotted it on my credit report, I've paid but Severn Trent won't consider removing the credit score black mark for the 14 month period (for such a small amount!), because they are not viewed as 'directly liable'. Brutal. So much for customer experience and loyalty.

“Rip off”

written by SPark66 on 18/06/2020

Over a month ago I believed that I had ordered a water butt, but there was no debit on my bank statement. I tried to contact Severn Trent to find out if the order had been processed and the only telephone number that I could find was an 0900 number. I dialled the number , but when I realised what was happening I immediately put the phone down. The call had lasted 40 seconds apparently. When I have checked my telephone bill today, I have discovered that the call had gone to China and had cost me £6. I did receive an e-mail saying that there had been a problem with distributing water butts, but that was weeks ago. How can they even entertain these telephone connections? Dissatisfied, Chesterfield.

“Workmen touched private property without asking permission”

written by Fletcherib1987 on 27/02/2020

Awful service. Two workmen let themselves onto my property and start doing things to the drains. No warning. No knock at the door. When I asked them what they were doing they said they didn't think anyone was in. I complained via chat and was told that it is totally acceptable for Severn Trent to let themselves onto my property to access their "assets". Why? What's wrong with knocking first and asking permission? This is awful customer service. If I could change water company, I would.