Philips Reviews

Summary

Read and write reviews of Philips Television Sets. This includes Philips Plasma, LCD, Rear Projection, Widescreen, Combi and Tube televisions. We also provide reviews of individual models of Philips TVs and home cinema equipment in their respective categories.
Philips - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips

Philips

“Philips 6400 55put tv ”

written by Jones75 on 13/12/2015

Useless picture.had to go out and buy a hd freeview box to connect to this rubbish tv now it works fine,without the hd box I went out and brouht this tv is no good I rest tv to factory settings so many times adjusted picture and still no good it jumps all the time do not buy this tv unless you also buy a hd box.

“Good”

written by CorreyMallen on 05/08/2013

It's not as bad as people say it is. I've had mine for 4 years and it's still worming. The only reason why you only see bad comments it's because only the people that got screwed over are the ones that actually bother going and writing reviews about how bad a company is.

“IF I COULD GIVE PHILIPS ZERO I WOULD”

written by on 27/05/2013

Philips support is non existent. I was promised help re a product I intended to buy. However, after sending emails to their support I was ignored. I have since purchased another brand and will not be purchasing from Philips in the future. I also know of quite a few people who have purchase Philips products and have had no support whatsoever when the product became faulty. TRUST ME NO PRODUCT IS WORTH PURCHASING WITH NON EXISTENT SUPPORT

☆☆☆☆☆

“I would never buy a Philips again, mine packed up...”

written by ljd999 on 02/09/2008

I would never buy a Philips again, mine packed up inside 5 years so was therefore out of warranty, nothing I can do about that apart from tell people about buying a Philips TV. E-mails to the so called "customer care" have yet to be replied to. It wasn't cheap, my less expensive Toshiba on the other hand is still going after 15+ years.

The Philips DVD recorder (3 years old) is also on the blink, but that's another story.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I had the usual fun and games trying to get the...”

written by on 10/01/2008

I had the usual fun and games trying to get the internet company I bought it from to replace it but they eventually did just before Christmas.

Now in January 2008, two weeks after the one year warranty expires, the one off switch breaks.

How do Philips get away with building a TV that within 13 months has two major failures. Incidentally, I have another Philips smaller flat screen TV which also has a broken on off switch.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I expect a tv to last more than 21 months, and I would...”

written by dobsons on 22/12/2007

I expect a tv to last more than 21 months, and I would expect the manufacturer to accept responsibility for replacement of a tube at this early period.

“We bought a Philips 28" Widescreen Dolby Pro Logic TV...”

written by darrenforster99 on 16/06/2007

We bought a Philips 28" Widescreen Dolby Pro Logic TV in 1997. Then this TV was simply amazing, top of the range, superb quality. Philips regarded their tubes as being the longest lasting tubes and offered a 5 year guarantee on the it. 10 years later this TV was still going strong, only one problem we had with it was a small capacitor went (the TV went off and smelt of burning when this happened), luckily a friend of ours is a TV engineer he looked at it, and just charged us £3 for the new capacitor and fitting it. The only thing that broke this TV was when my mum tripped over the dog and knocked it off the cabinet, I was gutted, I'm quite sure it would have gone on for another 10 years had this not happened. Now the insurers have left us though with a TV from another manufacturer that looks like it probably wont even last 6 months never mind 10 years.

Adamou's Response to darrenforster99's Review

Written on: 19/08/2009

My Philips flat screen has suddenly gone blank (a black screen) so I just get sound! Do you know any good TV repair men?

Read 1 Comment

“I bought a Philips 30PF9946 TV online. It has a VGA...”

written by michael atherton on 02/10/2005

I bought a Philips 30PF9946 TV online. It has a VGA connection on it, so I connected my computer to it, and after about 2 minutes it had the computer fonts still on it, even when I changed it back to the TV source. It also has got permanent colour stains on it from TV channels. I turn it off at night and put in on again in the morning, and they're still there!

☆☆☆☆☆

“I thought I was buying a quality product from a...”

written by MJ5 on 15/09/2005

I thought I was buying a quality product from a quality manufacturer, but after just 11 months our state of the art Philips TV won't even switch on, and trying to get Philips to take responsibility is a nightmare. I have spent hours on their 15p per minute phone line. Twice they have arranged to collect it for repair, twice I've taken time off work, and they still haven't collected it. Even if they do fix it, they will only guarantee their work for three months. If they were confident that the repair would make it as good as new, why not give it a new 12 month guarantee? The product I spent £2k on has turned out to be rubbish, and Philips customer service has been beyond contempt. Do yourself a favour and try and find a manufacturer that cares about their customers.

Bertie's Response to MJ5's Review

Written on: 18/09/2005

MJ5....I'm very sorry to learn your TV failed after only 11 months when nowadays the norm seems to be at least 5 years trouble-free service before any breakdown. And that's with lesser known brands, leave alone a Philips - a top company I've great respect for as it can still provide spares for my almost 30 year-old reel-to-reel tape recorder.
<br>
<br>If arrangements made to collect your TV were not honoured, then a contract was broken and you should have redress. Get after them!

Read 1 Comment

Asked by philnmeg on 23rd January 2015 Report this content
Do any of their TV's have a loop system outlet as required by people like me who are hard of hearing?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site