Top Gear Reviews

Top Gear
4.4

Summary

Presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and The Stig, Top Gear is one of the BBC's most loved programmes. With USA and Australian versions rumoured, Top Gear tickets to the Dunsfold Park Top gear studio will be like gold dust before too long. If you’re a car lover and like to watch the show, please write a Top Gear review and let others know what you think. Whether the show is better or worse than when it was founded, how useful the advice is, the humour, anything you love or hate about it. Your Top Gear reviews could help potential viewers tune in and watch the program.

Top Gear - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Top Gear

“All Over Now”

written by JoeJudge2 on 28/09/2015

Now clarkson and hambop and may have left the show is finished. I can't stand the ginger warrior Evans, hrs nothing but a Sevans model dalek. Can not suffer the man one bit. The beeb ruined TG

“three men ending up being very funny for driving cars...”

written by 27widger on 06/03/2013

There are three presenters on UK Top Gear who I would describe as the three musketeers, doing racing, blowing things up, doing motoring related challenges in the UK and abroad. To me, they are absolute idols of motoring mayhem, in a good way, but ending up a bit wrong at times. For me personally, there are no substitutes. In short, they are three men driving exotic cars around and going to beautiful places like Italy and Paris. I would however have to add, that Top Gear USA series, I do not respect because it is just a crummy copy of Top Gear UK.

“I've come looking for a review centre for TopGear as I...”

written by Xantia56 on 11/11/2008

I've come looking for a review centre for TopGear as I really think it's no longer the programme it once was. The show has become a big money spinner for the BBC and its presenters with world wide appeal. Since this happened, say the last series onwards, they tend to pick on one car for a few jokey comments on how rubbish it is, but say very little bad about anything else.

JC has made his reptutation on speaking his mind and his forthright opinions. He still pretends to do this, but doesn't really. Would he make comments like he did about the Vectra anymore? Not on this show he wouldn't.

Find myself reluctant to say this but 5th Gear is the more honest show, though still not as much fun to watch.

Thank you for this opportunity to rant!

“Want to watch every week....fantastic show for everyone”

written by spendingtime on 27/06/2008

Want to watch every week....fantastic show for everyone

“Forget fifth gear and that old lot top gear all the...”

written by Marcusp on 10/06/2008

Forget fifth gear and that old lot top gear all the way. Best cars, best presenters and also Best Driver.

“Some say that Top Gear is the best known TV show about...”

written by Tom H on 10/03/2008

Some say that Top Gear is the best known TV show about cars in the world, and that there's a sunday night slot on BBC2 allocated to it. All we know is we love it! I've been a fan of Top Gear for a long time now. I started watching not long after the White Stig became a member of the team (after Perry McCarthy left). One of the things I like about Top Gear is that it isn't just a bunch of boring men talking about cars - they take the mickey out of anyone and everyone (but are well-meaning in their jokes), and also get good car info over too. I like the special features, like turning a Robin Reliant into a rocket, using Toyota Aygos in a football match, making the Stig do a ski jump on a snowmobile, driving across Botswana in old cars and racing the Bugatti Veyron across Europe and racing a Ford Transit round the Nurnburgring race track. Will the crazy hilarity of this odd trio never end? I hope not. And, like many fans, I do tend to wonder who is the Stig? I've been given many theories, but still can't be sure.

“I stand by my good points i have been watching this...”

written by darkangel917601 on 15/11/2007

I stand by my good points i have been watching this since i was a kid from season 1 and still watch them now.

Sum up in 2 words

Highly Recommended.

“This is quite simply the best show on television in...”

written by rds1 on 03/03/2007

This is quite simply the best show on television in Britain today, and the rating figures definitely agree.
What is especially clever about this show is that by no means do you have to be a car fanatic to enjoy it. Therefore you have a car programme on tv which has astronomically higher ratings than Fifth Gear and any other car shows which haven't survived tv because normal people watch it as well as car anoraks.

“I love watching Top Gear (when it's on) and they test...”

written by Carlh on 06/12/2006

I love watching Top Gear (when it's on) and they test the cars that I love and the cars I know I'll never own. I think the driving could be better like Fifth Gear. They have Tiff and Jason Plato the touring car driver. Stig is not all he's cracked up to be and it takes quite a few gos to get a good lap time. I prefer the humor on Top Gear but 5th Gear tests cars that I might one day own.

Helen Of Troy's Response to Carlh's Review

Written on: 30/01/2007

Isn't it great to see Richard Hammond back on Top Gear? I love the way Jeremy just can't help taking the mick, and Richard takes it in great humour! Brilliant double act those two! So glad Richard made such a remarkable recovery. What a crash!

Carlh's Response to Carlh's Review

Written on: 30/01/2007

I've got to agree. I love Top Gear still, and I'm glad he is OK.

“I think Top Gear is the best programme on TV. When is...”

written by jackiel on 19/04/2006

I think Top Gear is the best programme on TV. When is it coming back? Its seems ages ago since we had a new series.

“Top Gear magazine will quite often contain stories,...”

written by saltrampen2 on 16/02/2006

Top Gear magazine will quite often contain stories, commentaries and amusing features rather than 100% Car reviews. The Car reviews that do appear are often short, unless they are reviewing a very fast sports models.
Quite often there is a free DVD or guidebook. What you do not get is the witty banter between presenters as seen on the TV. However you do get interesting and amusing articles about treks across the desert, pack-ice etc in a variety of usual and unusual vehicles.
Some of the features shown on TV, will also be featured in the magazine. I buy it to read about the amusing and unusual goings-on in the motoring world, rather than to gain a balanced review of everyday cars.

“Top Gear has always been one of the top motoring shows...”

written by rich576 on 11/01/2006

Top Gear has always been one of the top motoring shows on TV and the magazine is on par. I subscribed to it through www.magscriber.com as they had the best price I could find for the year. It includes reviews, buyer guides, and news, as well as great competitions.

It's the perfect read for anyone interested in the latest cars who's got an hour on the train home each day like me!