Whirlpool GU1500XT Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Whirlpool GU1500XT - Ask a question now

“I am sitting here waiting with my Whirlpool GU1500XT...”

Written on: 26/10/2008

I am sitting here waiting with my Whirlpool GU1500XT for Tuesday so a repair man can come again. He came in March 08 and replaced a valve on a 3 year old dishwasher so that I would not have water spots. Now in October 08 the washer will not do a thing after the soap dispenser has opened (except heat up for drying eventually) Who wants dry dirty dishes? I just end up with hot dirty dishes and the soap just lying there. Are there any recalls?
Can anyone recommend a good dish washer without… Read Full Review

“Having a problem getting my Whirlpool GU1500XT to wash...”

Written on: 23/09/2008 by teddlewis (1 review written)

Having a problem getting my Whirlpool GU1500XT to wash properly? Service people telling you to use only the anti-bacterial setting, turn up hot water, use the proper detergent, load it better, say proper prayers over it?

The latter, the service tech's advice is pure nonsense. They do not seem to understand the machine. If it is not washing properly, tub perhaps coated with slime perform a sniff test. If it smells off there is a reason. The service techs should know this but don't appear to. I… Read Full Review

“I've had the motor replaced in my Whirlpool GU1500XT...”

Written on: 13/01/2007 by windycitygal (1 review written)

I've had the motor replaced in my Whirlpool GU1500XT twice, a couple service people have instructed me on the careful do's and dont's of soap filling, soap buying, loading etc. - All I can say is, I just want clean dishes. I want to buy soap that is carried in stores, I want to fill the container without a measuring spoon (apparently, 2 tbsp is recommended), and I want clean dishes at the end. I have a demanding job, and lots of things to do other than think about my dishwasher. It's three… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Whirlpool GU1500 dish washer is a useless...”

Written on: 14/02/2006 by Coopie (1 review written)

The Whirlpool GU1500 dish washer is a useless appliance. I put in clean dishes, I wash them twice, and I still have dirty dishes. The machine never works well. I wash out the thing empty before I use it. I waste a lot of water. And still I rewash by hand. I have thrown out glasses that have had food baked on by the drying cycle after an incomplete wash. I used to own a Bosch that worked well. It was 10 years old, and I should have kept it when it broke down. I got it used for free, and it was… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to Coopie's Review

Written on: 23/02/2006

"I put in clean dishes, I wash them twice, and I still have dirty dishes."
I'm not sure I understand that, Coopie. Anyway, I have a marvellous dishwasher which is a piece of stick with a bundle of cords stapled to one end.
The only other things needed are washing-up liquid and hot water -- works a treat!

Read 1 Comment

“I did my homework when opting for the Whirlpool...”

Written on: 15/12/2004 by Hank (124 reviews written)

I did my homework when opting for the Whirlpool GU1500XT after reading through consumer magazines and to be honest, I won't be buying those magazines again because I feel duped. The early signs were good, bonus features like the SaniRinse and AntiBacterial options, were of great value to us as my Great Uncle Billy is very sick, the poor guy has seen better days. But damn I ain't happy, because for all the features and sales pitch, this washer isn't up to scratch. I find my plates and glasses… Read Full Review