Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 7640 Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 7640 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 7640

“It was fine for the short time that it worked. The...”

written by on 03/01/2009

It was fine for the short time that it worked. The amount of memory was the worst aspect of the specs. My laptop self-destruct on the day its warranty ran out... therefore I do not recommend the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 7640 laptop.

“My laptop is now just over 2 years old. Cracks have...”

written by lindaedith on 31/03/2008

My laptop is now just over 2 years old. Cracks have appeared on casing, and it just keeps shutting down after shorter and shorter amounts of time, which we believe is due to overheating. Have since heard of others having the same problem?

In all not very good value for money. You expect a product to last longer than 2 years in my opinion therefore I do not recommend Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 7640.

“Just bought some dual layer DVD discs for my Amilo A...”

written by seroxatmad on 29/10/2006

Just bought some dual layer DVD discs for my Amilo A 7640 laptop, and I can't find any suitable drivers to do a firmware update - this I found no problem for my desktop last year. Now it's 60 pence a minute to ring them, as Fujitsu Siemens only do telephone support.

So I now have £20 worth of useless docs and a dual layer drive that only has a use for single DVD's.

“I bought this Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 7640 laptop...”

written by juliot5 on 14/05/2005

I bought this Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 7640 laptop about 5 months ago and I have been very impressed with it. It has built in wireless capabilty which is dead easy to set up - it virtually sets itself up. It runs on windows XP with an Intel Centrino 1.4GHz processor and it has 240MB of RAM and a 15" widescreen. Its not the fastest laptop I've ever used, sometimes it can take a little while to catch up with itself and what your asking it to do, but it doesn't take that long and for the money its great. It also has a CD/DVD burner which again, is great for the money - laptops with these usually cost a lot more. The best thing for me though is the battery life- it really is outstanding, even when you are on the net. Typically it will last around 2 hours which is fantastic. Apparently this has to do with the Centrino processor being specifically designed for laptop computers and as such is designed to use very little power compared to say a pentium 4.
On the whole I don't have a bad word to say about this laptop. Yes, it could be a little faster but it isn't that much of an issue. It has a good level of spec and for the money, I would say it is the best deal out there at the moment.

Trinity1111's Response to juliot5's Review

Written on: 06/09/2005

This laptop does not feature a 'Intel Centrino 1.4GHz processor' as mentioned it is actually a AMD 64 processor. just thought I'd mention that.

Juliot5's Response to juliot5's Review