Packard Bell Audiodream 512 Reviews

Packard Bell Audiodream 512 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Packard Bell Audiodream 512

Packard Bell Audiodream 512
Packard Bell Audiodream 512

“I had this Packard Bell Audiodream 512 for Christmas...”

Written on: 29/03/2006 by karen murray (1 review written)

I had this Packard Bell Audiodream 512 for Christmas and thought it looked great. However, I was disappointed with the set up instructions which were poorly written and uninformative. I was so incensed I wrote directly to Packard Bell in Holland and after a month received a standard reply. My player was working fine until a week ago and now it freezes and won't play at all even after fully recharging. I will be taking this back to the supplier as now I have seen other people's reviews I realise there is a serious problem.

“I like the look and feel of my Packard Bell Audiodream...”

Written on: 22/09/2005 by ianday (1 review written)

I like the look and feel of my Packard Bell Audiodream 512 MP3 player. It was a present, and the first one I have owned. It wasn't so easy to get started, and once loaded I have no real problems using the player in play mode, and downloading tracks. I do however, find it difficult to access the folders on the menu.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Got one of these Packard Bell Audiodream 512's for...”

Written on: 21/03/2005 by jrhmclean (1 review written)

Got one of these Packard Bell Audiodream 512's for Christmas and it worked fine for a month, looks stylish and the headphone/neckwear design is pretty cool....however it just stopped turning on one day. I left it on charge and it still did not turn on fully (the packard bell Loading screen flashed up then disappeared)...I replaced it with Dixons for the 1gb model which has today done exactly the same thing. 6GB Ipod mini here I come......

“I bought this Packard Bell Audiodream 512 on the basis...”

Written on: 15/03/2005 by shanakie (1 review written)

I bought this Packard Bell Audiodream 512 on the basis of the price, £79.99, the 512Mb memory and (to be honest) because it looks good! However, it has proved unreliable in so far as it will freeze for no apparent reason, the shuttle track select seems to only like Brian Ferry(!)and the battery life is very short indeed. On my next trip to town, it will be returned to Dixons - what's the use of a player that only plays when it feels like it?

“The Packard Bell Audiodream 512 is the first MP3...”

Written on: 05/03/2005 by Steve Terry (1 review written)

The Packard Bell Audiodream 512 is the first MP3 player I have owned and is easy to use.
I too had initial problems though with the unit freezing, but found that a very long charge and regular charges thereafter have kept it working fine. Easy to download tracks via Windows Media player and a few others I have tried. I also found the sound quality to be excellent.

191867_Rbyron's Response to Steve Terry's Review

Written on: 03/05/2005

Hi. Ive have just bought the Packard Bell Audio dream. I am having problems with working out hot to fast forward and rewind through a track (not skiping one track to another) following the instructions I have to press the record button first then the up or down key but it doesnt work. Can u help please??

Steve Terry's Response to Steve Terry's Review

Written on: 04/06/2005

Hi, I didnt realise you could fast forward. But I tried it and it works. After turning on, you press and hold the record button and the display becomes brighter, release the record button. Then hold in the up down button (as if you were altering the volume) it then fast forwards. It will do this each time you press without having to press record button again. However, you cannot then alter the volume, without first holding in the record button again, to resume normal functions. Hope this helps.

Read 2 Comments

“I saw the Packard Bell Audiodream 512 on offer for 1/2...”

Written on: 08/01/2005 by alit (1 review written)

I saw the Packard Bell Audiodream 512 on offer for 1/2 price. Loved the neat stylish silver design so couldn't resist it!
This was the first MP3 player I've bought - seemed easy to put the music on and holds a good amount of music.

After a few weeks the problems began - the machine seemed to have a serious breakdown! It wouldn't turn on even with the battery charged. Seemed to freeze. Took it back to a local Dixons who said they had had a lot back and that I could swap it for a new one or a different type. As I had not got the box I said I'd go back the next day. Typically it worked fine then so have kept it for the moment but seriously wondering if I should return it and get a different make?
The look of the player is so cute and cool - so small! Its ideal for me but just worried it will freeze again and not ever work again? Will see how it goes over the next month. If I get any problems it will need to go back. Shame as I really like it!

☆☆☆☆☆

“The instructions for the Packard Bell Audiodream 512...”

Written on: 07/01/2005 by Matt Carey (1 review written)

The instructions for the Packard Bell Audiodream 512 are badly written, making it difficult to set up. The support disk turned out to offer little help, with no information about uploading files. The device worked for about an hour, then refused to turn on properly for an entire week. The display simply flashes: "Packard Bell". Managed to return it to Currys. Best thing for it.