Canon Ixus 300 Reviews

• Image Quality

Canon Ixus 300 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon Ixus 300

Canon Ixus 300

“Think very hard before buying an expensive Canon...”

Written on: 03/06/2003 by Snapper. (1 review written)

Think very hard before buying an expensive Canon digital camera. If they pack up so soon, the repair costs are as much as buying a new digital camera, since prices are coming down all the time.

I am very disappointed with Canon's customer care. It simply doesn't. They should be ashamed that one of their cameras only took 18 pictures before packing in… Read Full Review

Mrw90's Response to 103970_Snapper.'s Review

Written on: 09/12/2004

I have to agree that I have experienced Canon's poor customer service too when trying to get my Digital Ixus I repaired under warranty. It was 8 months old and the flash packed up. It has been at their repair centre for 9 weeks now, and after numerous phone calls, it's still there! So much for promising 28 day maximum for turnaround!

Read 1 Comment

“The main thing I like about the Canon digital Ixus...”

Written on: 25/01/2002 by Alex. (1 review written)

The main thing I like about the Canon digital Ixus camera is the ability to capture directly to the computer enabling me to take several hundred hi res images in a short period of time. Great for stop motion animation. Very few digital cameras have this feature. Other than that it's super funky and a real collectors item that I reckon is going to maintain it's value over the long term. Plus it's easy to use, small and tough.

A great little camera… Read Full Review

“I read Phil Askey's review of the Canon Digital Ixus...”

Written on: 09/11/2001 by Paul. (1 review written)

I read Phil Askey's review of the Canon Digital Ixus 300 (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canondigitalixus300/default.asp) and was very impressed by the amount of detail provided and the layout of the review pages. I am even more impressed with the camera. I've had it for two weeks now and have been actively seeking opportunities to put it through its paces. It is an incredible piece of technology. I was looking for a replacement for my circa 1983 Canon AE-1 progam which, with its 35-105… Read Full Review

“I think the Fuji 4800 is a better value and higher...”

Written on: 29/09/2001 by Scott. (1 review written)

I think the Fuji 4800 is a better value and higher specification digital camera… Read Full Review

“I got the Canon Ixus 300 with a 128Mb card & 2...”

Written on: 19/09/2001 by Will. (1 review written)

I got the Canon Ixus 300 with a 128Mb card & 2 batteries. Having read numerous reviews, I knew what to expect. When the little darling arrived, it was fantastic. The quality feel and LCD clarity cannot be given enough credit.

A good little camera that does more than enough. Overpriced? No more than any others at this point in time… Read Full Review

“I would avoid this camera like the plague, all pics i...”

Written on: 18/07/2001 by Jeff. (1 review written)

I would avoid this camera like the plague, all pics i have taken with this camera are all very soft focus, head straight for a Nikon or Sony… Read Full Review

38932_Aaron Frodsham.'s Response to 2979_Jeff.'s Review

Written on: 21/09/2002

My friend I think you recieved a lemon. I have tried several of those cameras and never had any of the problems that you speak of. Occasionally lemons happen. I hope that you took the camera back and exchanged it for one that works. I have had to repair a number of digital cameras from many different makes because of manufacture defects. In my experience Canon makes some of the finest digital cameras on the market.

Read 1 Comment

“I've had this camera for about a month - my first...”

Written on: 09/07/2001 by Brian Langham. (1 review written)

I've had this camera for about a month - my first digital - and it is brilliant. I purchased a 64Mb Compact Flash Card & Scan Disk reader, to ease process of downloading to my desktop PC - all very easy. I have yet to exhaust the CF card - I took 88 photos on a trip to Nice and it still had room for more!

Real plus about the IXUS is its size - I can carry it in the palm of my hand or just slip it into my pocket - it makes it quick to retrieve for that spur of the moment shot. Shooting on… Read Full Review