De Vere Reviews

De Vere - Ask a question now

“I recently booked a room at the Village Newcastle...”

Written on: 22/04/2011

I recently booked a room at the Village Newcastle using their own web site and paid for the room in advance. When we tried to check out they tried to charge us for the room. When we pointed out that this was a mistake they discovered that they had checked us into a room booked under someone elses's name. They assured us that the problem was sorted. A few days later more money was taken from my account without authorisation. I have emailed several times with no reply. Really difficult to… Read Full Review

“The hotel was nice, some areas not quite 5 star. When...”

Written on: 20/04/2008

The hotel was nice, some areas not quite 5 star. When we booked was told the spa was included in price. I expected to pay for treatments, but didn,t expect the cost of £65 per person for 2 hours to basically use the pool and steam room.
We had paid for an upgraded room which was unusable during the day as the room upstairs was being refurbished. Not at all relaxing
Also the boathouse restaurant advertised was closed for refurbishment. All in all not what was advertised. Also disappointed… Read Full Review