Learn Direct Reviews

1.2

Summary

Review or compare Learn Direct Training Courses or find which is the best study subject for you. If you are confused on which course to take or simply do not know where to start, read or share information on qualifications or subject requirements, home study or even a few helpful comments on how to apply. We want you to succeed so be informed to be able to make your career decisions right here.
Learn Direct - Ask a question now

“awful”

written by SDBOARDING on 27/03/2024

I completed my course in July 23 and here I am nearly April still not had my certificate. All I got was a rubbish email confirmation. Refund me the cost of this course immediately. I also noted they HAVEN'T refunded the incorrect course so I am looking at section 75 or small claims court. THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS OR ANSWER THE PHONE. AVOID

“Do not enrol with this company”

written by LisaKIT on 21/02/2024

I signed up for the course and was assured of quick turn around times for tutor support queries. This didn’t happen, taking over a week to get poor and brief answers that were vague and didn’t answer the actual question. I contacted learn direct as their service was not what I had paid for (over £2000) and requested a refund. They agreed do to my poor experience with them. It’s now 35 days after they agreed that I am chasing them continuously for my money back. They rarely respond to emails or messages and won’t provide me with telephone details to actually speak to a person in their finance or complaints department. I am now in talks with citizens advice and will be making formal complaints and be looking to involve small claims court. Avoid this company at all costs. They should not be allowed to operate and are not fit for purpose.

“DODGY! Waste of time and money!”

written by viCarney316 on 21/02/2024

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THEIR COURSES!!! I am writing to express my deep disappointment with the lack of support and timely assignment marking provided by Learn Direct. As a prospective student, I was enticed by the promises of comprehensive support and efficient assessment processes outlined by your organization. However, upon enrolling in the program and paying the required fees, I have found these promises to be nothing but empty assurances. The support system that was advertised as being readily available is nowhere to be found, leaving me feeling abandoned and unsupported in my educational journey. Additionally, the timely marking of assignments, which is crucial for timely feedback and progress tracking, has been severely lacking. Despite submitting assignments within the specified deadlines, I have experienced significant delays in receiving feedback and grades, hindering my ability to gauge my performance and make necessary improvements. This failure to uphold your promises not only reflects poorly on the credibility of Learn Direct but also undermines the trust and confidence I initially placed in your organization. I expect a swift and satisfactory resolution to this matter.

“Harassing me daily ”

written by Finneganr145 on 08/02/2024

Applied for more information for a course, got harassed with calls sometimes 15-20 times a day, clearly sales agents but when someone wants a bit of time To Decide they don't want to Be hassled daily even hourly

“After taking my money they tell me I am not eligible...”

written by kofogt on 02/01/2024

After taking my money they tell me I am not eligible for the course.

“A bad company who take and withhold money that isn't...”

written by DemarionStone319 on 13/12/2023

A bad company who take and withhold money that isn't theirs

“ STAY AWAY”

written by WALTERCHCIV on 05/10/2023

This company is a very strange company which advertises itself as the alternative to uni to get your qualification but what follows next is so horrible, i am an elderly person who has had a passion for engineering so i thought let me get on the access course so that i can see my life dream come to life got into financial trouble where i could not continue they immediately referred me to a debt agency called uk sl, people who are already struggling financially now debt collectors its just a sham school is a choice not a punishment they are a sham they wont let you stop the course but put people in debt. What a shame

“They mislead!”

written by Holliet2404 on 27/09/2023

Awful company. They will mislead to get you to sign up to their courses. The avoid accountability and do not handle complaints properly. You won't get what you are signing up for which is breaking a contract by the ways! They will refuse to cancel your course and provide refunds trying to leave you thousands in debt. They are not professional and are sham artists.

“ABSOLUTE SHAM!!!”

written by MatthewMcFadden82 on 15/06/2023

If I could rate it 0 stars I would. An absolute sham they took my money saying I could start August 1st. THEN they informed me I didn’t have to qualifications to start the course but would still be liable for the fees. They only told me this after the 14 day cancellation period was over so I could not get a refund and would still have to pay £600 for absolutely nothing. Do not go with them.

“Far superior courses for much lower cost”

written by Hoodgb227 on 04/06/2023

Learn Direct's customer services is abysmal, their learning material is non-impressive, and once you log in you void the 'cooling off period' which is the most absurd thing I've ever heard of.I found an alternative course they was far superior. I would advise anyone to not go with Learn Direct.

R2222's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2023

What other courses online did you find? I'm still looking.

Ness1969's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2023

I’m enquiring on behalf of my daughter who is desperate to study further with limited funds. Could you recommend the company that you decided upon instead of learn direct? Many thanks

“Appalling company”

written by Clay58 on 29/05/2023

Enrolled for an combined English and Maths course and paid over £1000 for it. I needed a course which was online and flexible as I have a small child. Their website says: Be flexible in how we support you and make it easy for you to get in touch with us Understand your needs and circumstances to make sure you get the most out of your time with us Treat you fairly, politely and with respect Ensure our staff are professional and have the skills and knowledge to support you Provide help and support if you have a problem, question or complaint. Detailed feedback on areas where revision is needed. This is simply not the case. The only time you can speak to a tutor is in the live online lectures and out of these, only one time slot came close to being suitable for my schedule. I had countless issues logging on to this session and mostly was not able to for technical reasons. Contacting tutors did not give me at all detailed feedback and when I did receive a response it was a day before the exam. I contacted Learn Direct with my needs but they were not helpful or fair. Online classes are offered once every two weeks and so a cancellation period of 14 days is absurd and in no way reasonable or fair. I asked to cancel the course and asked for a full refund outside of this period but was simply denied without any consideration for my circumstances. I was offered to change the course but after my experience, did not want anything they offered. I simply do not want to have anything to do with them and want some or all of my money back. It has now been almost a year and have begun recollecting petitions from similar dissatisfied customers and raised this matter with Citizens Advise and Ofstead. Please get in touch if you are in a similar circumstance. They may be deaf to one but hopefully not to many.

Loulou2020's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2023

I'm having the same issue with them.

Elianasoma1404's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2023

I am also having the same issue; if you have a group/contact please let me know. We cannot let them do this to other people

“Cancelled but still no refund, avoid this company ”

written by KtRichards on 17/03/2023

Joined Learndirect to study Midwifery and English/Maths payment was taken and I started course. I had to then cancel and did so within the 14 day cancellation period due to a very stressful issue in my family. Cancellation apparently takes 7 to 10 days, great. 2 weeks later still waiting, rang LD and they said could take 30 days, ok I understood. 6 weeks later im still waiting, call every week to be told theres an ongoing technical issue there looking into too, but they "understand"my frustration, fed up of hearing that would just like my money back please, this is just ridiculous because I bet there's no problem taking money from people.

“Avoid Avoid Avoid”

written by Jaceye324 on 20/01/2023

AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAIGUE AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAIGUE I enquired about a course that I didn’t end up taking, I haven’t received any service/ product from this company but they are now trying to charge me £1,400. Whilst initially trying to resolve the situation, their customer service advisors avoided my calls and fobbed me off for weeks, now they are harassing me via telephone weekly and are even giving my personal data to debt collectors. This company make their money by catching you out with the ‘fine print’ of and charging you for services you have only made basic enquiries about. They have also conveniently disabled their reviews / comments section so that they can continue to operate as the business they have been.

“Please do not sign up for anything Learndirect have to...”

written by 237Alvarado on 16/01/2023

Please do not sign up for anything Learndirect have to offer. I signed up for a teaching assistant bundle course level 3 and 4 on the 29th Novemember 2022. I did this by phone with an assistant as they had a deal. She took all of my account details. Within 2 days I had second thoughts and felt it wasn't right for me. I asked for a refund and cancel the course immeditately. I had an email back promptly saying that it would take 30 days!! to issue a refund. I found this a long period of time but went with it. Twice during this time I emailed to ensure that the refund was proceeding and was given the advice to make sure I fill the form in when it arrives and fill in my personal details or the refund would not be issued. The form came promptly and I filled it in and sent it off. I had a confirmation back that the refund would be sent in 7 - 10 days. Low and behold, on the 13th day I send an email, no refund. I get a response that they didn't have the form and the refund request was cancelled and reissued. I have since been told that the finance team are responsible and that they are in house and can't be contacted. I cannot cancel the direct debit myself although I will try with Lloyds bank later to see if they have the power to do this. They are still taking money out of my account, it's absolutely disgusting. NEVER use this provider LEARNDIRECT, it's put me off online learning and I will be going to the local college now instead!

“Oh boy, if i can not even a star I wouldn't give. Let...”

written by Alexandraargun on 15/12/2022

Oh boy, if i can not even a star I wouldn't give. Let me tell you about this!!! They are the worst you could come across, please people do not enroll in they're courses as you will not learn anything and they will put you to pay for nothing. Almost 2 years now and I struggle to close my account, also ukls debt collectors keep colling like 5 times per day, leaving voicemails and emails everyday. I am so stressed, and anxious because of them. I explain them that I wouldn't use the course soon after i enroll in the course. They didn't accept and they was very rude on the phone. Starting today, i will leave everywhere on the internet bad reviews about learndirect. Do not enroll in none of their courses!

“Avoid at all costs!”

written by CharlieCrutcher on 06/12/2022

They will NEVER let you cancel. Ever. Once you've signed up you're paying for the course monthly until it's done. Stay away from them.

Vinusha's Response to CharlieCrutcher's Review

Written on: 24/01/2023

It’s true

“The worst online learning experience”

written by jlGriffith293 on 05/11/2022

So far experience with Learndirect is disgusting. Poor communication culture, inability to locate payments and no student support. Tutors just look for the reasons to fail you so for the next try you have to pay extra £40. They really don't follow on your progress in learning, if you are not logging in for moths you will never receive any call to check what is the reason, or do you need any help no. All they care is how to get money, money, money In my opinion, extortion company that's what this is! Account system is so bad that they are not able to locate payments made via their own automated system for more than 2 months now! Learndirect asked me to give them 30 days to investigate where my payment has gone, meanwhile they sent my case to debt collectors! Is this normal? Seriously, Learndirect is the worst company I have come across, never will recommend you to anyone!

Rebecca96's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2022

100% agree!!! Shocking communication throughout my course not marking work in a timely manner. I passed my course in July and they still haven’t provided my certificate! Now they are changing the awarding body and asking for more work!!! What a joke!!! I would not recommend them to anyone! I just want my certificate and not have to deal with these people again.

Vinusha's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2023

It’s true happend to me want to complain regarding them as online course I cancelled the course with 14 days they didn’t refund the money they activated the course saying I stopped cancellation and given my name to debts

“Harassing emails and calls for a course I did not take”

written by GRansoo on 05/08/2022

This was my last email to them as they are so incompetent at dealing with queries but only good at taking your money: Dear enquiry team, Your emails to me is becoming a harassment and I have contacted you on numerous times to cancel the enrolment and issue refunds. I'll explain to you for one last time with chronology of all contact attempts with evidences of emails I have sent to you and your team before raising this with Trading Standards, Ombudsperson and the ICO for keeping my details for no reasons. You are still failing to comply to my requests. I first enrolled on the course on the 10th of May 2022. On the 13th of May 2022 I contacted you to withdraw as I no longer wished to do the course. You were supposed to provide me with a refund for the deposit paid but have failed to do so. I'm copying [name removed] in this email who was handling the case and agreed cancellation. See my email from the 13th of May 2022 ( Fwd_Welcome! - 1.pdf) The second time I contacted you via customerservices (also copied in this email) was on 17th of May 2022. Customer services advisor  had confirmed that they will cancel and will issue refund, but you have still failed to do so till date! See attached email (Re_Details for your support ticket - 2.pdf) Ticket Number was: 911389468 Third time I contacted you via telephone on 31st of May 2022 and spoke to your support team who was very unhelpful and rude. However he did say all calls are recorded and cancellation will take place and deposit will be refunded. Still no refund has been issued. Fourth and last time I contacted you on 21st of July 2022 via (customerservices at learndirect.com) as this was becoming a harassment from yourself and you have still not cancelled and not issued refunds for the deposit. I was getting unnecessary notifications from your systems, when I logged in I could see messages advising of missed payments which proved that you have not dealt with the cancellation. The reply to my email was on 22 July 2022 from your customer services team (customerservices at learndirect.com) who had confirm to "Please disregard this, this is going through the cancellations process for you". Till date nothing has been actioned on your side. Please see attached email for evidence: (Re_Details for your support ticket -3.pdf) Ticket Number: 911389468 Can you ensure for one last time, you properly cancel the course enrolment, withdraw me from your systems so that I no longer receive harassing emails and issue refund for the deposit!

“Learndirect are unfit for service”

written by 354Slattery on 12/12/2021

I started an Access to HE course in 2021. I studied their Course Handbook thoroughly (as it was a task in one of the first assignments). The handbook stated that Tutors would respond to our emails within 72 hours. During my first and second assignment I had to wait for up to 12 days to hear from a Tutor. During that time I had needed to commence three subsequent units (and their assignments) while waiting. The handbook stated that Tutors would never change within the unit. My tutor changed twice and it was very clear they were not communicating with one another (I kept records of the email chain for evidence). I left within a month - after the 14-day period - because all of these problems emerged after the 14-days. Ever since they have hounded and harrassed me for payment. Their continued claim is "The 14 days have elapsed" but this is ludicrous, as it suggests that if they fail you after then, it's just too bad. I journalled every stage of my experience and sent this to the then operations mananger who promised to investigate. A few months later, I was still hounded by Learndirect for payment (even though I had left and found the same course with my local college) and asked the operations manager where he was in the process. He told me that he'd not heard of my case. I reminded him by sending him the email he had sent me a few months earlier, promising to investigate. I then wrote a letter to the operations manager in order to formalise the process. Not once did he apologise for his oversight, neither did he accept any responsibility for Learndirect's failure to deliver according to their Service Level Agreement outlined in their own course handbook. A few months later he had left Learndirect and I was still hounded for payments. Following this period, a very sympathetic member of the Learndirect helpdesk divulged that in Autumn/Winter 2020 (the season in which I started) that the company had gone through a massive administrative and IT overhaul and replaced a lot of tutors and other staff. While I could appreciate that was a hectic time for them, this does not excuse Learndirect from providing the agreed level of service to fee-paying customers who are working towards a clear schedule to complete their course. I followed correct correspondence procedure (as advised by Consumer Rights), asking Learndirect to accept their fault and breach of contract or to enter an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme. I wrote three letters. They ignored the offer for formal disupute resolution. The only reason I didn't pursue legal action was because I'm now studying part-time, working part-time, my wife is pregnant and the baby is due soon. I simply would not have the head-space to pursue it. So the only way to stop them harrassing me (it's been over a year) was to give them the £1,200 they wished to take. Thankfully consumer rights are not affected and even after paying them you have 6 years in which to take legal action. Perhaps by giving Learndirect a one star review, someone reading this might think that I'm just getting my own back and exaggerating. Perhaps a reader may even assure themselves that there are plenty of 5 star reviews. But every single individual that decides to undertake a learning path has often taken some great risks and made significant sacrifices and investments (some affecting income and family schedules) in order to reach their learning goals. Letting one of those people down due to poor delivery and service, failing to apoligise and then harrassing them as a result until they have to pay to make it stop, is much more than just a significant failure and breach of trust. Before I joined the course, Learndirect were very friendly and assured me that they were capable and supportive. In my experience, nothing could be further from the truth. In the last letter I received from the current operations manager in December 2021, the failure to deliver the service level agreement was acknolwedged by them in writing, and yet with no apology and absolutely no acknowledgement that this was of any significance. The true test of a company's care for their customers is how it responds when they fail their customers. From this experience, it would be very difficult for me to say that I believe Learndirect care about students. All I would say is please think carefully before starting a course with them. They really do sound lovely on the safe side of the 14 day initial trial period. But if anyone reading this is still deliberating before choosing a learning provider, I'd encourage you to pursue your local college. Following the pandemic, many local colleges are now making greater use of online teaching in a much better and much more reliable way than Learndirect. Also, do your research and read what the press has had to say about Learndirect.

Osas's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2022

I just enrolled with them and was told I’ll be able to cancel after 14days. No one told me if the account was activated and I choose not to continue I will still get to pay the full amount even while I am still under the 14-days trial. I am regretting already.

“shocking”

written by gqJacobs392 on 13/02/2016

work placements are a scheme waste of time government money ? jobs rigged