Panasonic NV-GS11B Reviews

Memory Photography
Digital Still Shot Mode: With Still Shot Capability
MPEG Movie Mode: Without MPEG Movie Mode
Interfaces
Output Interfaces: S-Video Composite (Video) Audio (RCA) USB 2.0 FireWire / DV / i.Link Headphones Jack
Input Interfaces: S-Video Composite (Video) Audio (RCA) FireWire / DV / iLink
Height: 8.7 cm
Width: 6.9 cm
Depth: 11.2 cm
Weight: 0.4 kg
Included Accessories: USB Cable A/V Cable Shoulder Strap Remote Control Lens Cap

“I've left the bad points empty, because to be honest...”

written by arrows180 on 14/09/2005

I've left the bad points empty, because to be honest there are a few things wrong with the Panasonic NV-GS11B digital camcorder e.g. poor in low light, poor sound quality, 800x digital zoom is waste of time. There are one or two more niggles, but I don't want to slate this camera too much because I actually like it. Like all things today you get what you pay for, and for it's price this camera does everything it should. OK if you want to shoot videos at parties, or disco's where the lighting is low, buy a Sony with it's excellent luxury qualities, but you'll pay twice the price. The same with sound quality... pay more money get better sound. But, if like me you just want to pick up a camera, press one button and film the kids playing, Christmas, birthdays, and holidays etc., then this is ideal. It's got 22x optical zoom which it useful, with the digital zoom you need a tripod to avoid camera shake, but then the picture quality isn't that good, but that's the same on all cameras. The software is simple to install and use on your PC, and gives you loads of different options for saving your movies. It can also be used as a web-cam, and makes a pretty good one with it's remote control.

To summarize. If you want a simple camera for making fun movies, then this could be for you. If your into making professional quality movies, for weddings etc... Then pay more money for a better quality cam.

“I generally love Panasonic products but I've found the...”

written by Bubabaah on 11/02/2005

I generally love Panasonic products but I've found the NV-GS11B to be inferior to my Sony DCR-PC101. Don't ask why I own both it's a long story, oh go on then, I bought the Sony then won the Panasonic, then was going to take back the Sony but realised it was better and now I have 2 till I sell the Panasonic. Bet you wish I hadn't told you now, anyway onto the camcorder. On the plus side it's smart looking, and does what it is supposed to. It's not obstensively a bad video camera. On the down side it's heavier and not quite as cool as the Sony. I also find the Sony easier to use. If you really want to buy one of these try it out first if you can and see what you think.

Susilew's Response to Bubabaah's Review

Written on: 14/08/2005

It would have been a more usefull review if more had been said about the camera and less about why the reviwer came to have two cameras.

Read 1 Comment