Hartke Kickback 12 Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Hartke Kickback 12 - Ask a question now

“The most flexible bass amp I have ever had. No hernia!...”

Written on: 03/10/2010

The most flexible bass amp I have ever had. No hernia! great sound, and is perfect at low or high volumes. No boom just a solid sound with loads of tonal flexibility. Only think that beats a 120 watt kickback is 2 120 watt kickbacks… Read Full Review

“I'm not going to elaborate on my ax, this is about the...”

Written on: 12/02/2009 by Nurtz (1 review written)

I'm not going to elaborate on my ax, this is about the amp. I have an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro head w/ 8-10 ' cab that I use when we have a 'one 'set or 'one 'night gig where the house rig and sound person is furnished. Generally I can control my house sound if cheated with this refrigerator ' .. For outdoors, I use my Peavey 300 Combo due to its wicked volume. For venues we mix ourselves, I use the Hartke Kickback 12. It puts a smile on my face when it ' s displayed along side the 2 Marshall… Read Full Review

“If you play a lot of different kinds of...”

Written on: 22/05/2006 by dudestewart (2 reviews written)

If you play a lot of different kinds of low-to-medium-volume gigs - coffehouse, theater pit, small clubs, weddings, etc., - this Hartke Kickback 12 is probably the only amp you'll need.

I also own an SWR LA8, which used to be my main coffehouse/acoustic setting amp, and an SWR Bassic Black with a 1x15 extension cab, which I use for big clubs or outdoor gigs.

If I had to pare down to one amp, I'd keep the Hartke because it's the most versatile.

If the majority of your jobs are… Read Full Review

“I've been playing the Hartke Kickback 12 for about...”

Written on: 27/05/2005 by Fritz Schoonover (1 review written)

I've been playing the Hartke Kickback 12 for about three years now. Smallest bass amp I've ever used, and I've been playing for 40 years.
My current bass is a G&L, after wearing out my 1957 Ampeg (yes, Ampeg used to build guitars as well as amplifiers), and I use nylon/tapewound strings to get an extra-strong fundamental pitch -those who like a "high treble" sound will have to check it out for themselves.
Most of the time I'm playing in a medium-sized room, specifically a church sanctuary… Read Full Review