Behringer GMX-212 Reviews

4.2
  • Sound Quality

• Appearance

Behringer GMX-212 - Ask a question now

“Amazing amp, i've had cheap ( £99) guitars through...”

written by on 10/04/2009

Amazing amp, i've had cheap ( £99) guitars through this and a Fender Telecaster Ash lite through it, currently i'm using an Ibanez G10 and it's perfect for all the guitar. You can get any sound from the amp whether it me raw crunching metal full of beef or steel treblie acoustic. You can get it.

I've had mine over a year and half and played numerous venues (small/medium) and it suits perfect.

The Behringer GMX-212 is very reliable and really really durable.

“The Behringer GMX-212 will be a legend, of that i'm sure.”

written by sceeter on 14/08/2008

The Behringer GMX-212 will be a legend, of that i'm sure.

“I needed a loudish amp to gig with, through which I...”

written by Rocky11 on 15/09/2005

I needed a loudish amp to gig with, through which I could also put my guitar synth, which really needs a flat input to bypass guitar eq, FX etc... The Behringer GMX-212 was the only one I could find, and it does the job well. However, I use my Line6 POD into one pair of inputs at the back, because I don't yet think £100 for a floorboard to access FX, wah, and have a decent number of presets, is justifiable, so I really only use it as a power amp/speaker combination.

My biggest gripe (AND IT IS A BIG ONE) is the quality of the design and build. The knobs all protrude a good inch from the top lip of the cabinet, which makes them vulnerable to being knocked. And, when knocked, as I discovered, they broke off easily, revealing themselves to be moulded plastic with no metal shaft (therefore irreplaceable without taking the whole thing apart!). I actually didn't know how they came to be knocked off (I suspect my 2 young kids), but when I contacted Behringer they were amazingly snooty, commenting that I wouldn't expect Mesa Boogie to replace something I had damaged myself, to which of course I replied, I wouldn't expect Mesa Boogie gear to break so easily!
They were very unhelpful when I pointed out this was a serious design flaw, and they refused to acknowledge there was a problem at their end.