Philips FWM589 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Philips FWM589 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips FWM589

Philips FWM589

“Only owning it, is understanding it.”

Written on: 10/11/2020 by Lilian3 (1 review written)

- Class D amplification is efficient but means electrical whirring noises. - Noisy when turned on.. whirr click tick clack... - no pure mode, just selections of cheesy equalizer and surround settings. - old WinXP computer for PC link software, difficult for win10..but possible - look of stereo is what? cyberpunk/anime/cheesy/retro/eh? - fake vu meters that bounce around seemly random? mmm.. - awkward shaped air farting blowing ported speakers that look a little stupid. i turned it on, played a… Read Full Review

“DONT BUY ONE OF THESE, GET THE BLACK ONE (FWm587). I...”

Written on: 04/09/2008

DONT BUY ONE OF THESE, GET THE BLACK ONE (FWm587). I say this because this version has 280wt speakers which prevents the distort sound… Read Full Review

Apogee777's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2020

The FWM587 has the same speakers, your getting mixed up..probably the 569..

the speakers are designed for different sound.
if one uses the MAXSOUND function you need to lower the volume on the 589.
you wont get this type of sound from normal systems without spending a lot more.
it's an incredible system if used right.
At mid volume the sound is an earthquake.
audiophiles beware, it's not for you BUT you definitely will go "WOAH!!" i didn't expect that...my clothes are vibrating..
someone on youtube hooked it up to different speakers and was quite shocked at it's power..
i have this in 2020 in mint condition, PC-Linked - it makes shame to a friends higher quality 570W rms Aiwa system.

The FWM589 is up for the 8th wonder in the world.

Read 1 Comment

“If your looking for more thump in your studio this an...”

Written on: 06/04/2007 by ibbi (1 review written)

If your looking for more thump in your studio this an awsome system. If you were going to buy an home theatre don't, the Philips FWM589 is much better and cooler. Gameport let's me hook up my xbox to it, PC sync conect my pc to it and my iPod is connected in it's aux port. I've owned 16 different hi-fi system and this definitely the best one out of all. The cD changer is annoying, but that won't bother you after a while… Read Full Review

“I bought this Philips FWM589 hifi for my birthday and...”

Written on: 14/12/2006 by ronny88 (2 reviews written)

I bought this Philips FWM589 hifi for my birthday and it is worth the money. I had been courting the idea for a while and I was finally swayed when a friend bought one and I heard it first hand. However, the first one I bought was a huge disappointment as there was a problem with the amplifier, meaning my friends volume 10 was my 20! However, I am judging on the system that I now have.
Firstly lets summarise the good points. It is, in my opinion, a really great design and the power of 400 watts… Read Full Review

Quietquackers's Response to ronny88's Review

Written on: 18/12/2006

Great review! I own the Philips FWM589 hifi myself, and I can say this review summarises the features excellently.

Read 1 Comment