Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account Reviews

Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account
1.7
  • Ease of Opening Account

Summary

Write or share reviews on a Save4 it Account with Halifax Building Society.
Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account

“Unfriendly Staff No Customer Service.”

written by lynda e on 30/04/2013

My son and I walked into the Halifax in Loughborough to open an account for him and the woman at the 'help desk' walked off. So I ask her if she is coming back she says "I'm busy I'll get someone to see you". 5 minutes later a cocky young guy comes out and asks, "do you need help?". I explained I wanted to open an account for my son, after a sharp intake of breath he announces I have to make an appointment. Ok, fine not a problem. So he goes to get the diary. He is gone for almost 15 minutes...by which time my autistic, hyperactive son is getting irritated and I'm just plain annoyed. He comes back eventually to tell me he can't 'fit me in' until mid week next week, so I say no problem. He tells me I have to be there by 4pm, I explain my son isn't home until then so 4.20pm is the earliest we can do, to which he replies "I don't know what we can do then" (blank face). My Reply? "here's an idea... how about I go to a bank with some customer service and some semblance of a clue what exactly they're supposed to be doing?"... continued blank face... exit. Train your staff Halifax. Lloyds Tsb were super helpful.

Lynda E's Response to lynda e's Review

Written on: 06/05/2013

I have to be fair I have had a call today (Bank Holiday too) too apologise for the poor service I received and the Halifax have offered to send me a cheque by way of apology.

“Loyalty Rewarded”

written by on 06/10/2012

I have 3 Grandchildren, all girls aged 13, 12, and 9 years. I have been saving small but regular amounts monthly since their birth. The only revision of interest on theses accounts has been downward. Other new products, with marginally better rates, have appeared. If we look at the childres I.S.A. in particular, I was unable to transfer their current savings balance into that account, although it would not have exceeded the permitted I.S.A. in that year. This company does not understand the word loyalty.

“Was really happy with the account. I opened it for...”

written by on 22/02/2011

Was really happy with the account. I opened it for myself but used my mum's name as a guartore recieved just over £60 for having £1000 in total.

Liked that you could change the amouunt how much you wanted anytime bu just changing the amount on your direct debit.

Overall 9/10

“Low interest compared to other banks, and bank books...”

written by on 22/12/2010

Low interest compared to other banks, and bank books are needed to withdraw and deposit money. Customer service is generally quite good, depending on where you are, and you can literally walk into the bank and ask to open an account.
The value for money is where it really counts, though, and it really isnt up to scratch, so I wouldn't recommend it to friends.

“Very good value :)”

written by on 05/02/2010

Very good value :)

“Have been unable to set up accounts for my two...”

written by on 21/09/2009

Have been unable to set up accounts for my two children due to unhelpful staff in two seperate branches and over the phone twice. i'm currently on my second customer complaint on service quality.
Halifax Save4 it Childrens accounts have not been set up correctly 3 times. No help, staff do not care. I would never ever use these people for anything ever again, as i would hate to think what they were like if i was trying to do anything other than give them money.

“We all make mistakes, but not as many as the Halifax...”

written by on 04/08/2009

We all make mistakes, but not as many as the Halifax "Experts".

“Opened this Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving account...”

written by on 01/08/2009

Opened this Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving account for my 2 grandchildren after reading on the internet it offered 6%. Well no it doesn't really. You have a passbook for the Save4it account and have to pay into the childs regular saver account a minimum of £10 per month by direct debit for 12 months to get the 6% interest. Not bad I thought, until I went into the branch. The passbook only gets 1% so if you want to pay in more money than the agree direct debit amount you gain virtually nothing. The 2 accounts ae connected because at the end of the 12 month term what is collected in that pot is swept into the passbook. It only earns 6% on the direct debit amount of money. A complete farce. Told me to keep changing my direct debit if I wanted to pay in more, but thought they would then say I'd not stuck to the contract terms and wouldn't even get the 6%. How on earth can I keep changing the direct debit amount? Furthmore it took forever to set it up in the branch even though I'd done all the detailing on the internet. Wish I'd not bothered. With the rate they will pay on the passbook I could earn as much in a current account.

“Reading the appalling reviews from as far back as...”

written by on 17/07/2009

Reading the appalling reviews from as far back as 2007, I'm afraid to say that nothing has changed. Trying to open a Halifax Save4 it Children's account for our daughter was a shambles: we have filled in so many forms so many times, wrongly addressed letters, lost documentation, counter staff who have no idea how to open an account, call centres who one day say everything is fine then the next confirm that there is a problem. It's not just the boys at the top who have no clue! I was seduced by the decent interest rate ... don't be. The star rating here insists on a minimum of one star ... I wanted to give 0.

“Average, average, no complaints but no big shakes...”

written by on 14/07/2009

Average, average, no complaints but no big shakes either. Went in to the Halifax bank, was seen within 5 mins although was reminded 3 times i should have made an appointment, i was supposed to feel guilty i think but didnt!!! After all i was giving them money and encouraging my daughter to save.

I was given no infomation about the intrest and the account, so was interested to read the above reviews re amount you can save. As it is only a pocket money and just a starter account i will cross that bridge when i come to it.

“When I phoned the call centre to open a Halifax Save4...”

written by on 11/07/2009

When I phoned the call centre to open a Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account, the member of staff was great

“I dealt with Halifax when opening both my daughters...”

written by on 12/06/2009

I dealt with Halifax when opening both my daughters and then my sons account. On both occasions they tried to get me to open an account that I didn't want. I found them very unhelpful.

“i liked Halifax Save4 it because i got a coin bank...”

written by on 18/05/2009

i liked Halifax Save4 it because i got a coin bank which helped me save my money, i was only 7 at the time and it introduced me to the world of saving my money

“Opened a Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account...”

written by blackv on 16/05/2009

Opened a Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account for son & daughter. daughters account fine however son's set up incorrectly and tax removed at 10%??? Also removed the registration for gross interest for no reason. Have been trying to sort this issue since March.....still not sorted!

“Interest good at first (5.55%) Opening was...”

written by jtussler on 05/04/2009

Interest good at first (5.55%) Opening was simple FREEBIES You have no card so you have to go to the branch to get the money out rather than just paying by simple card. Interest now (about 3%) Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account is an OK account. The opening was fairly easy.

“I went in and asked about opening the account. I was...”

written by raunch711 on 16/06/2008

I went in and asked about opening the account. I was given the form and told to bring the birth certificate, driving licence or passport and a utility bill. I went a few days later (16/06/08) with birth certificate and driving licence and my tv licence. They would not accept my tv licence as according to them it was not current although it was dated sept 2007 to sept 2008. I found this to be completely unreasonable. Why would I have a tv licence valid for a year for an address I did not live at. I am going somewhere else.

“I find the Halifax Childrens Savings Account really...”

written by iluvsquaddies on 10/06/2008

I find the Halifax Childrens Savings Account really straight forward but was not told that the maximum was £5,000.00. I wanted one account for my baby until he gets older. Soon I will have to change the account as he will have maximum money in.

“I chose the Halifax Save4it account because it had a...”

written by on 04/05/2008

I chose the Halifax Save4it account because it had a good rate of interest. Despite entering the branch half an hour before they closed, I was able to set up an account on the spot for my baby son with very little trouble. I was given the relevant forms, including the R85, so no tax would be paid on the interest and set up an account with myself as trustee. As they were about to close, they took the completed forms and copies of his ID and a passbook was sent to me the following week.

“Our mistake, we have lost our Halifax Save4 it...”

written by on 19/04/2008

Our mistake, we have lost our Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account savings book, however, Halifax will not simply re-issue a new book. We have to close all her accounts down again and re-open them. We may end up taking all her money out and starting again elsewhere.

“Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account didn't tell...”

written by on 10/04/2008

Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account didn't tell me when I opened the account that there is a limit. When you ask what happens when you reach limit, they tell you you have to open another account.

Asked by grandchildrenandhalifax on 31st March 2016 Report this content
Can I close the account as the grandparent without having the child with me?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by Elijahomg8 on 15th February 2014 Report this content
I am a trustee with my ex partner for the childrens account can I still take money out or close the account if I want too?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site