Fuji Finepix S5500 Reviews

Resolution 4.23
Optical Zoom 10
Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • 3.1-megapixel 4th generation SuperCCD HR sensor produces images with 6 million pixels (2816 x 2120)
  • 10x optical plus 2.2x digital zoom (22x total)
  • 1.5-inch LCD, electronic viewfinder, 5-frame burst mode, video at 320 x 240 and 30 fps
  • Includes 16 MB XD Picture Card
  • Powered by 4 AA batteries (alkalines included, rechargeables recommended); connects to PCs and Macs via USB 1.1
  • Refine your search

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“many years ago I had a top notch 35mm ricoh slr, then...”

Written on: 06/07/2009

many years ago I had a top notch 35mm ricoh slr, then my enthusiasm waned & I bought a cheap digital compact for snaps.Now this has busted & I purchased Fuji Finepix S5500 off of ebay for £60.
    Brilliant! have dug out all my old gear as am enthusiastic again!… Read Full Review

Tr1Xx's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2010

I found this review helpful because... indeed the ergonomics are excellent. The camera can easily be used one handed if necessary. I use the 2 or 10 second delay a lot, and this could help offset the lack of remote shutter release.

Read 1 Comment

“I bought the Fuji Finepix S5500 digital camera about 9...”

Written on: 29/12/2005 by fredbargain (3 reviews written)

I bought the Fuji Finepix S5500 digital camera about 9 months ago, and I have been very impressed with it! It's my third digital camera, and by far the best. It has all the features and controls you could ask for, and it is a nice size to hold, with a good flash built in… Read Full Review

“I bought Fuji FinePix S5500 about 5-6 months ago. I...”

Written on: 22/11/2005 by photoman (62 reviews written)

I bought Fuji FinePix S5500 about 5-6 months ago. I paid for 2000NIS (~430$).
    It is my first digital camera.
    First impression is great, camera has great design, it's very comfortable to hold, all controls and buttons are on a right place.
    It's very easy to use this camera, it is suitable for beginners, and there are features that will please advanced photographers.
    The camera can function on fully automatic mode, flexible program or on priority modes such as shutter and aperture. It has good… Read Full Review

“Upgraded to the Fuji Finepix S5500 from my s3000 which...”

Written on: 07/11/2005 by dribbly (1 review written)

Upgraded to the Fuji Finepix S5500 from my s3000 which was great unless I needed to have some control over the image. Bought the S5500 for £190 in June 05, and it gives me all that and more! Lens is fast, and zoom is easy to control. If zoomed right in, then auto mode will not always cope, especially in poor light, but shutter priority and higher ISO generally does the job, or else using a tripod is even better. Had considered a camera with IS for this, but couldn't find one I liked, with a… Read Full Review

Cherok's Response to dribbly's Review

Written on: 03/01/2006

All in all a great review...I had this camera prior to my existing Fuji model (S9500)...In some respects I yearn to have my S5500 back in my hands as it was very intuitive and user friendly, admittedly the start up time is very slow compared to my S9500, but once it's up and running it's a joy to use!
    <br>
    <br>I'm onto my 3rd Fuji and can't see myself jumping ship yet. Colours are vibrant and the Lenses are very good indeed. I recommend this camera to anyone interested in one, believe me you won't be dissapointed.

Andylawed's Response to dribbly's Review

Written on: 04/10/2009

Thanks for composing this review, Fuji SLR are doing great now. I am planning to buy one and I will use your input as my reference.

Read 2 Comments

“I bought my Fuji Finepix S5500 Digital Camera just a...”

Written on: 24/08/2005 by petrucci (1 review written)

I bought my Fuji Finepix S5500 Digital Camera just a week ago, but I love it already!
    I am not a professional photographer, but the quality of the shots are just exciting. I still encounter problems when taking photos in dark conditions, but the problem is my hands I think… Read Full Review

“Although far from a professional photographer, I...”

Written on: 24/08/2005 by platypus (4 reviews written)

Although far from a professional photographer, I managed to work out the advanced features in a short while, and this camera rather flatters my lack of skill when it feels like it.
    However in low light conditions it usually does the opposite, unfortunately, given I use it in many low-light locations such as abandoned buildings. With a tripod, and the camera's powerful flash though, it's fine.
    Clumsiness means I've dropped this camera countless times, but it keeps on working and shows just one… Read Full Review

“Bought this Fuji Finepix S5500 digital camera a few...”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by Teessider (7 reviews written)

Bought this Fuji Finepix S5500 digital camera a few months ago and I just can't stop snapping away!
    I was looking to upgrade from my old 35mm SLR and cheap digi, but the higher priced Digital SLR's were out of my range.

This camera caught my eye, and with all the excellent reviews it has got in various places, decided it was the one for me!

I'm not disappointed! This is an excellent camera in almost every way.
    The quality of the images, and colour it captures are outstanding.
    You can switch… Read Full Review