Subaru Impreza Turbo Reviews

Subaru Impreza Turbo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Subaru Impreza Turbo

Subaru Impreza Turbo
Subaru Impreza Turbo

“my first scooby and it wont be my last!! more than...”

Written on: 03/04/2011

my first scooby and it wont be my last!! more than enough power for any road or track, beautiful sound track from the exuast,and handling is amazing, yourl be hard pushed to get in a tangle if you know how to drive!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“I own a Subaru Impreza Turbo 02 plate wrx with a...”

Written on: 13/02/2009 by kaylan (1 review written)

I own a Subaru Impreza Turbo 02 plate wrx with a prodrive performance pack and to be honest its the best car i have ever owned, performance wise its unbelievable i have put many a porsche to shame and others included, handling is just sublime even with a coating of snow on the ground, comfy interior and practical for kids, on the whole a truly outstanding reasonably priced family car. heavy right foot can be hard on your wallet both service wise and in fuel costs, but if you look after her she… Read Full Review

“More power and torque from the 2.2-liter engine...”

Written on: 23/07/2008

More power and torque from the 2.2-liter engine highlight the in the Subaru Impreza Wagon. Great all around, reliable, fun to drive. Cheap, AWD, performance, ergonmic interior, comfortable and fuel economic. Extra traction in slippery conditions and, works in combination with the Impreza's well-sorted chassis to provide excellent handling. For power, the car I notice has been equipped with a unusual horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine. BOTTOM LINE - Power: 106 kW / 142 HP @ 5,600 rpm/ 149… Read Full Review

“I have a 1999 Subaru Impreza turbo wagon and have...”

Written on: 08/04/2008

I have a 1999 Subaru Impreza turbo wagon and have driven new cars that dont drive as well. Fantastic car but expensive running cost but well worth it… Read Full Review

“Love the cars they just last forever, they can take a...”

Written on: 30/03/2008

Love the cars they just last forever, they can take a good thrashing,the engine noise is brilliant and they just stick to the roads. Unlike the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo they don't need serviced every few thousand miles… Read Full Review

“Well I have my 95 import and I love it having...”

Written on: 24/03/2008

Well I have my 95 import and I love it having previously owned a 03 UK spec have to say the import although heavily modified is great car currently runs around 350bhp and flies I now do not bother racing anything unless it is worthy as it is not worth the fuel to show a corsa how fast it is cossies Evo's etc only.
I am looking at buying a cheap little car so I can prolong the life of the car and this is probably Subaru ' s only downfall I recently blew up my gearbox which is a 2002 model and… Read Full Review

“Just wanted to say from my point of view i owned a...”

Written on: 05/03/2008

Just wanted to say from my point of view i owned a cossworth and an Impreza i now still have the impreza 98 sti 330 bhp best handling and all speed ect but lets all face it Subarus brake easily under constant rough use they cant handle the roughness for long most other cars can handle pain longer. End of the day impreza wins hands down from the noise out put of the engine full stop… Read Full Review

“AWD - in the wet you still feel like your on rails. ...”

Written on: 13/05/2007 by warrenhodgett (1 review written)

AWD - in the wet you still feel like your on rails. The Subaru Impreza Turbo is quick, really quick. Momo steering wheel is amazing. Bucket seats great too. Wagon is good for surf boards! Brilliant… Read Full Review

“We have had 2 different styles of scooby. 1st was the...”

Written on: 08/02/2006 by hydrilboy (15 reviews written)

We have had 2 different styles of scooby. 1st was the original 2.0sport wagon (we have dogs). The Subaru Impreza Turbo is great. Pretty quick, reliable and cheap for insurance. Then we opted for the WRX MK3. Bought it in a garage 450 miles from were we stayed. Picked it up and fell in love eith it after that. 1 year on both myself and my wife have 6 points and my mum who is 60 has 3 points, though even after this . Today when we all get in it and drive off, it puts a smile on our faces… Read Full Review

“I have had my Subaru Impreza Turbo for 18 months and...”

Written on: 06/01/2006 by Ina (1 review written)

I have had my Subaru Impreza Turbo for 18 months and have had a Prodrive coversion via Subaru themselves - bhp up from 222 to 262!
0-60 in 4.8 secs and mid range acceleration is just bliss! The burble sound track is certainly satisfying.
If you are after Fun and have a family, this is the car… Read Full Review

“Subaru Impreza Turbo: You get pushed back into your...”

Written on: 13/07/2005 by The Final Fury (5 reviews written)

Subaru Impreza Turbo: You get pushed back into your seat as you pull away and then at 3000 rpm the Turbo kicks in and psshhh......off you go.

This is a seriously fun, fast car for sensible cash. Mine was an import at 225BHP, now 260BHP (officially) 0-60 in 5.6secs and tops out at 155mph (on a track of course).

Drive one and then you'll want to buy it, I was messing about when I said I wanted one. Drove my friends not believing a word she said. The following day I went and collected my… Read Full Review

“I have had many cars ranging fro Peugot 106 xsi, 306...”

Written on: 04/10/2003 by scomrie (1 review written)

I have had many cars ranging fro Peugot 106 xsi, 306 xsi, escort rs2000 to the jag i still have and this Subaru Impreza Turbo 1999 is the best car io have driven. sounds like a v8 with the growl. If you have not driven one, you should. It will make you go and buy one… Read Full Review

“Just bought a 02 Subaru WRX STI. Now i know what you...”

Written on: 30/06/2003 by Brandon. (1 review written)

Just bought a 02 Subaru WRX STI. Now i know what you are thinking, you can't get that car in the states. Well its the only one I know of. Let me just say it cost a pretty penny. I am so amazed at the performance of this car. The handling is awsome. I would have to say this is the fastest stock car for under a hundrad grand.
Magnificant… Read Full Review

“Had this car 8 months, cheap servicing, 17mpg...”

Written on: 02/06/2003 by Cliff. (1 review written)

Had this car 8 months, cheap servicing, 17mpg regardless of how its driven, handles "like its on rails", no brake fade or faults, leaves everyone else for dead. If you want a rocket ship on wheels this is the car. Have owned many GTi's etc nothing comes close, so much fun, if you don't believe me - drive one !!… Read Full Review

195971_Leech's Response to 103384_Cliff.'s Review

Written on: 02/06/2005

well obvisly you have not come up next to an evo 6 gsr then! a subaru is a mere speck in the distance time you even consider racing it off at the lights. rocket ship i dont think so, Only takes a test drive in one to realise what a over rated joke the subaru is! remember MAN MADE SUBARU GOD BUILT THE EVO!!!
<br>any one agree? i think so!!

The Final Fury's Response to 103384_Cliff.'s Review

Written on: 13/07/2005

I drive a WRX, and have to agree the EVO is better. But the Impreza is cheaper to run and gives us all a taste of greatness. Oh, the Evo IV I 'Dragged' against at Santa Pod came second........I have nothing else to say :-). (I do secretly want an Evo IV myself, but don't tell anyone).

Read 2 Comments

“Nice car for the money,but its a bit ugly but power...”

Written on: 31/10/2002 by jz80. (1 review written)

Nice car for the money,but its a bit ugly but power wise its a sweet car.Tuning is ok for it but alot of money need to go for big bhp numbers. Rather have the supra rz anyday!… Read Full Review

“I have owned many cars. Have loved others more...”

Written on: 16/04/2002 by Big Pete. (1 review written)

I have owned many cars. Have loved others more (Calibra) than the Subaru Impreza Turbo, but none comes close to the neck snapping performance of this animal of a car. I have NEVER driven a car that can make you believe you are flying, you are also invincible of course!! You can choose your gap in traffic, you can arrive late at a roundabout and be round and gone before anyone else has even noticed you WERE there!! It REALLY IS that fast.
Everyone should be made to own one!! It should be a legal… Read Full Review

Wilster.'s Response to 19653_Big Pete.'s Review

Written on: 28/09/2002

I own a '99 Impreza Turbo. Although I bought the car for its performance, so many people ask me about fuel economy. On the last three fill ups, I got 30,28,28 mpg. My driving has been mixed urban, with at least 3 races per fill up, plus zooming past ditherers. What a car!!

Subi.'s Response to 19653_Big Pete.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2002

I drive a 2002 subaru impreza it is imprezive. This thing as you all say is a beast.
I have made a few alterations but not becuase it was nessesary but becuase I want more.
I have driven a lot of cars from Mercs to bmw M3 and then I bought myself this baby. It is a true dream and this car will keep me young forever. This out perform any standard car on the roads. I Travel a lot and I didn't even have a slightest problem with this Monster.
If one of you need to talk to me Contact me on
[email protected]

Read 2 Comments

“You will never hit the limits of the Subaru Impreza...”

Written on: 22/03/2002 by Chisel. (1 review written)

You will never hit the limits of the Subaru Impreza Turbo car on a public road. Hit 3000rpm and ride the massive power/torque rush - but unlike many cars with big power outputs, the stiff chassis can handle it, and the four-wheel-drive grip won't let go.

This car can be economical if the driver keeps the engine
below ~3000rpm and minimises hard acceleration. Difficult, but not impossible!

Only other minor complaints would be the braking (on pre-99 cars with 2-spot front calipers - later cars… Read Full Review

Sipie.'s Response to 16709_Chisel.'s Review

Written on: 29/05/2002

Disagree somewhat with the 'never reach it limits on the road'. Untrue. Can be done easily and after just a few months of owning the standard my99 you start looking for more power etc. then the modding starts if you are serious. Even the 4 pot brakes are v poor and prone to chronic fade if driven hard. My avergae fuel consumption over 9 monhs is 16.4mpg. And the bit about driving conservatively cannot be done. If you want to drive like that .... don't buy an impreza.

Slafleur's Response to 16709_Chisel.'s Review

Written on: 04/06/2004

Hi all. I think what the man meant here is that you hit the DRIVER's limit way before the car's. Subaru understeer? Yeah, like every "public" car. But if you really know how to drive, you actually want it to understeer to better use the foot lifting trick. What is that? Simple. Take a curve more quickly than what the car can take (or what you THINK it cannot). When you fell the front slide toward the exterior, release the gas pedal completely. Then you'll feel the rear slide and the car will start facing the dierection you want to go (the curve's end). When the curve's end is straight in front of you, hit the gas hard. Why does the understeer help? Because it tells you when to release the gas. Without it, you can misjudge and get off the road.

40237_Wilster.'s Response to 16709_Chisel.'s Review

Written on: 28/09/2002

Errr, yes you will hit the limits - the famous Impreza understeer - take care in the wet or you will be down the body shop making excuses! Saying that, the last time I pushed hard in the dry the car cornered neutral in third flat out - leaving my passengers stunned and me hungry for more!!

Read 3 Comments

“Well, I used to love my V-Tec CRX but the women in my...”

Written on: 01/02/2002 by Marty Kavanagh. (1 review written)

Well, I used to love my V-Tec CRX but the women in my life ganged-up on me and insisted that I grow up and get a "proper four door family car" ..so what else could it be other than a WRX ('95 five door wagon, silver used import ex Japan). Well I don't think that they've noticed the "funny bumps on the bonnet" yet.
I collected it on Jan 1 2002 and promptly bought a K&N air filter, a pack of MOBIL 1 oil and oil-filter, a turbo boost controller (set to .8 bar approx 12psi) and a low pressure… Read Full Review

75416_Andrew.'s Response to Marty Kavanagh.'s Review

Written on: 25/02/2003

These are fantastic cars in ever way although the build quality is not up to German standard, as for the fuel costs, fit an ecotek valve i get over 30 mpg now, and i don't hang around!

Che's Response to Marty Kavanagh.'s Review

Written on: 04/10/2003

Bingo my friend! For exactly the same reason (wife's
<br> objection ) I abandoned my Gti (Peugeot 1900,tuned) for an Impreza GT AWD turbo (year 2000).
<br>I completely agree with your comments. Fantastic everyday driving, specialy on our roads (Greece), but need to be fed frequently!
<br>
<br> K. Makris, Greece

Read 2 Comments

“It was 3 months ago a total stranger decided to pull...”

Written on: 27/09/2001 by Marcus. (1 review written)

It was 3 months ago a total stranger decided to pull out in front of my Honda Integra and wipe the front end out. So, in desperate need of another car I went to a local auction. In the back of my mind I had always wanted a WRX to find out what all the fuss was about and just my luck there was one on offer. It was actually a green '98 wagon. Not the one for the "station wagon" look I got it because of two things, 1. Price, 2. WRX.
Actually I love the wagon, the boot is 100 times more… Read Full Review

Plater's Response to 4414_Marcus.'s Review

Written on: 04/11/2003

Impossible to steal......you are having a laugh aren't you, just this month "What Car Magazine" asked locksmiths to access 38 different vehicles without specialist equipment, these "Thieves" were into all but 10 in under two minutes and guess what...yes the impreza was the worst of the lot, they took just 45 seconds to gain access fire her up and away , suffice to say the article will be running in this months issue. The scooby is without doubt a remarkable performance machine and no one can mistake that deep throated burble as one drives by, but in the uk every second person seems to own one, there are literally tens of thousands of them on the roads, between you and me though here's a secret.....for a lot less cash and a lot more street cred you can have a better, faster car...a Sierra Sapphire RS 4X4 Cosworth - stage 3 with 350 BHP ,That equates to 4.0 second 0-60, 12.5 second 1/4mile and a top speed in excess of 165 MPH , all this whilst cossetted in Raven Black leather recaros.....Oh yes - The scooby is good but the cossie is better.......much better and always will be!

Imprezajjs1's Response to 4414_Marcus.'s Review

Written on: 08/11/2004

Yes but you are talking about a tuned cosworth!
<br>not standard,if you tune a impreza it will eat your cosworth!! In standard form the impreza is a far quicker and definatly a better handling car!
<br>I have had both cars, a g reg 2 wd cosworth, now I have a 265bhp impreza and it sounds so much better!! I got 1 just because of all the fuss and now understand WHY!
<br>At the end of the day its a blue badge sierra rust bucket!!
<br>Impreza`s rule!!

Read 2 Comments

“A frighteningly fast car with handling and road...”

Written on: 04/09/2001 by Paul Wild. (1 review written)

A frighteningly fast car with handling and road holding to match its performance. Very practical too with 4 doors and a large boot. I used to own a V6 Calibra until my wife ordered me to get a more practical car so I got the Impreza. The only downside of owning the car (besides fuel consumption, which it to be expected) is that the body panels are very thin and pick up parking dints very easily. Apart from that I have been very pleased with the car… Read Full Review