Gillette M3 Power Reviews

Gillette M3 Power - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gillette M3 Power

Gillette M3 Power

“I bought the Gillette M3 Power shaver out of...”

written by Anthrakas on 30/10/2005

I bought the Gillette M3 Power shaver out of curiosity, and I only shave once a week. I thought what the heck, it's not going to put a dent in my pocket. I had the Mach 3 without the motor, and I was quite happy with it, but not as happy as I am now with the Nitro.
I was surprised that the gimmick proved to actually work! Very deep shave, buzz it into water and it cleans instantly. Touch up areas dry, and it feels soft and nice. All in all a great product.

“In my 30+ years of shaving, this is the best shave I...”

written by on 16/10/2009

In my 30+ years of shaving, this is the best shave I have ever gotten. I used all different types of blades in the past, but the first time I used the m3 power I laughed because it was such a nice shave. Thick beard and I only shave occasionally. Maybe for those that shave every day cheaper blades are acceptable, but I think some of the bad reviewers are just mad about the price. Been using this for about 5 yrs and received one single blade that seemed to get dull prematurely.

“Good points, not Many, average shave. Blade too...”

written by on 17/05/2008

Good points, not Many, average shave. Blade too expensive, had a bad packet, rang PG they were sorry and sent me a voucher for £6, the blades cost was £9,
Good after care, I think not! I just think that Max Power is a sales gimmick with no on real benefit to the customer!

“I have had two Max 3 Power razors. The vibration...”

written by GrahamCauston on 23/12/2007

I have had two Max 3 Power razors. The vibration mechanism stopped working on both of them after about four months use the, even with new batteries. I have now changed to a Wilkinson, and will not buy Gillette ever again!! Blade prices were also VERY high for what they did. Their idea of the vibrating head is a gimmick that adds nothing to the quality of the shave.

“I tried Gillette M3 Power for the first time, and I...”

written by hanster7 on 26/11/2005

I tried Gillette M3 Power for the first time, and I got an awesome shave. By far the best razor I have ever used!

“One big advertising scam by Gillette I'm afraid, which...”

written by blackninja on 13/10/2005

One big advertising scam by Gillette I'm afraid, which I was roped in by. The ridiculously overpriced blades work so so when you first buy them, but after about a day or so the green strip disappears and shaves become painful and irritating. The revolutionary battery powered vibration does nothing. Even when the blades are new you have to go back over areas - if you work it's best to shave in the evening. Very disappointing.

“I really like my m3 Power, I have thick facial hair...”

written by warre999 on 27/05/2005

I really like my m3 Power, I have thick facial hair and it definitely has made shaving easier. I was skeptic about it at first, but I noticed the difference immediately. The razors cost quite a bit though. If you have thick facial hair I would definitely recommend this to you.

“The blade of the new Gillette M3 Power is slightly...”

written by bcont on 04/04/2005

The blade of the new Gillette M3 Power is slightly improved but the vibration device is totally useless; just a tiny plastic device that rattles against the blade attachment. It is not an electrical impulse as the commercial claims, more like a vibration caused by an electrical impulse. When turning on the vibration I cut myself significantly more than when I left it off. Overall, still a good razor but very disappointing.

“Gillette M3 Power - This is no better than my old M3,...”

written by fozie99 on 20/01/2005

Gillette M3 Power - This is no better than my old M3, and with the blades 3X the cost there's no way I am sticking with it.

“Got my Gillette M3 Power for Christmas, had been...”

written by chrisw on 06/01/2005

Got my Gillette M3 Power for Christmas, had been meaning to buy one anyway. I've onwed nearly all of the razors inn the Mach 3 range, most recent ones have just been colour changes but this is a significant improvement. Not an amazing difference, but I think the fact that it vibrates does give you an even closer shave. It's apparently due to the vibration making the hair stand up, don't know the exact mechanics of it, but it does seem to work. I'm very impressed by this razor, another good job by Gillette.

“Gillette M3 Power - Well, I'm a bit dubious about this...”

written by weesteev on 08/11/2004

Gillette M3 Power - Well, I'm a bit dubious about this product, I have used it for a few weeks now and the performance seems to be the same as a Mach 3 Turbo. The vibrating razor is a nice touch, and the new Gillette M3 shaving gel has a nice fragrance and I have to say my razor burn has reduced slightly. But this one stroke shave idea doesn't work, I can't wait for the day that one stroke shaves me properly! This is a great idea, but I don't think everyone will notice a difference or a better shave. I'll still continue to use it though :).