Midsummer's Eve Reviews - www.midsummerseve.com

• Ease Of Navigation

Midsummer's Eve - www.midsummerseve.com - Ask a question now

“YET ANOUTHER SITE WHICH USES PICTURES WITH NO MATCH TO...”

Written on: 29/08/2021 by Biancar114 (1 review written)

HI EVERYONE .MY first impression was throwing away money to pictures of Lady's Pictures who are not the ones talking to you or typing: PLEASE TRY THIS AND SEE WHAT RESULT YOU GET : ASK THE LADY TO WITH HOLD HER NUMBER AND CALL YOU or email you : IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY PLAY ON YOUR CONSCIOUS: ANSWERS GIVEN :I FEEL SAFE TALKING ON HERE; PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME IN THE COLD : ANY REAL LADY WHO WANTS A MAN WOULD JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO MEET YOU BUT THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY… Read Full Review

“A Fantastic, Very, Friendly Site.”

Written on: 19/03/2020 by Kendra211 (1 review written)

This is a great, little site. I have been a member for a few years now and have made lots of friends. At one time their were frequent meet ups and I certainly made life long friends with many. The forums are lovely. althoiugh you will occasionally have a troll come along to try to ruin it, with multiple profiles, all giving the same style of long winded comment. It is however very easy to block them, so that you do not see their postings. Other than that it has been great fun. It is also an… Read Full Review

“Is this dating site real??”

Written on: 03/07/2017 by wooly2708 (1 review written)

I signed up to Midsummer's Eve one Friday afternoon. I wrote my profile and uploaded three photos. They weren't made visible as they were 'being reviewed' but the site said this usually takes 2 hours. Saturday afternoon and they are still 'under review'. I message customer services who say they will get back to me rapidly in their automated reply. Sunday, I decide to take the risk of sending messages without a profile pic. I explain in the text that my photos are 'under review'. I search… Read Full Review

“Give it a try but DO NOT spend any money. ”

Written on: 06/10/2014 by tiadog (1 review written)

This site seems to be very friendly and laid back but the conversations area causes some problems. There are a number of people that have been on the site for many years and it is quite common for them to gang up on newcomers if their face doesnt fit for some reason. New people are often accused of being trolls or old banned members returning with a new id. This appears to be prejudice rather than based upon any fact. If you hold a similar opinion to an old, banned member then they may claim… Read Full Review

“i won't berenewing my paid subscription”

Written on: 24/11/2013

I won't be renewing my paid subscription… Read Full Review

“Midsummers Eve - A Strange Site”

Written on: 24/06/2013

I find it difficult to write an objective review on Midsummers Eve. I was a non paying member of it for over a year, met the love of my life on it, find most of its users very pleasent - and some very intelligent. Yet I have taken the decision not to have any further dealings with it. Despite many of its members being on benefits, probably for very genuine and good reasons, there are frequent threads chastising 'benefit scroungers'. Right wing views seems to dominate. Anyone on the left… Read Full Review

Gueton's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2013

Yes, a strange site indeed,My account has been closed after just one Warning from admin.Smut well yes the paid up members stand out a mile when they put a smut Thread up.My thoughts are the company is so desperate for money They just want paying members only.Yes the one's on benifits,one in particular seems to bragg that He does not work,and This is the joke part he Claims to live in a mansion with servants,Had a few months on mse,glad i did not pay,Would have lost my money.The amount of no confidence about dating stands out a mile.I mean the questions about what to Do on a date.sad yes.very Sad.Some i think have forgotten as To what they joined for.Dating one would expect.But end up getting mixed up with the bitter ones on the dating forums.

Read 1 Comment

“like being back in junior school”

Written on: 03/06/2013 by mazzi75 (1 review written)

Yes midsummer's eve dating site forum is like being back at junior school,"Reason" Why, admin now seem to remove posts faster than you can log on to the internet.you can be banned now for wiping your nose,"or" so it now seems,Go join and look in site matters,The site is losing members by the dozen,most are unhappy about the non freedom of speech anymore.When you get a warning from admin,it's almost like being written by your headmaster,Pathetic i know,but its now become reality.gone is the once… Read Full Review

“Poor”

Written on: 27/04/2013

Very, very, very, very poor… Read Full Review

“MSE is a bland wallpaper site.”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by Ravenblack63 (1 review written)

I was a member for almost two years. I was briefly single and went on several dates which were ok ;- but I would not recommend mse as a quality dating site to anyone. I spent far more time on the conversation threads and most of the people I interacted with were and are nice people. Having said that ;- I, too, have recently been banned from conversations as I tend to speak my mind and admin. seem to struggle with this concept ;- that people are individuals and not the collective mass they hope… Read Full Review

Zant4's Response to Ravenblack63's Review

Written on: 07/03/2013

All i can see from this review Is same old same old.you have joined hundreds of others who have been banned in the same way from mse.admin dont "BANN" you.the clique do!!!.Yes admin have a willing amount of brown nose people willing to do the Dirty work for admin.The only advice i can give is dont pay for this site,then you dont lose out.in return the clique can do And say what they like without getting banned.The boss sleeps soundly knowing that he has a few doing his work for free.

Ravenblack63's reply to Zant4's Comment

Written on: 09/03/2013

In response to the above comment ;- I'd say that it was and is a combination of clique and admin. working together in imperfect harmony to conspire against those who dare to possess an open mind. I was a free member and only paid for several months over a period of almost two years, unlike some who were fleeced for numerous years, then banned.
The brown nose posse ? One just has to laugh at the amount of burrowing they do in order to 'get in' with admin. Oh ;- and don't be fooled by those who do appear to have a mind of their own ;-as those individuals are merely towing the line ;- pandering to the Ten Commandments of mse. Laugh ? I nearly cried.

Hassos27's reply to Ravenblack63's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2013

Blimey,its been yonks since i was banned from mse.Just trawling around the net i see this review centre.Look's like nothing has Changed there then,For "me" iff' i had been banned by admin,i would have accepted the bann,"BUT" i was banned by people in ROOM 101.their downfall came when a lady member exposed just what was going on.admin just accepted their words,i was told by a member that the "gang" yes the words "gang" were about to get me banned very soon.two weeks later i was banned for an abosulute triviol post i made.Looking back now they did me a big favour.there are some very sad people with no lives outside of m.s.e.And yes i lost money too..the words used Fleeced is correct.is the site worth anything a BIG no.just a very greedy owner.who lets the elite run rings around admin.because they love doing it for free.Sad eh.the exposure of ROOM 101 WAS MSE'S DOWNFALL.look's like they never learnt from that lesson.you keep banning people for triviol postings,the the bad publicty will just keep on coming.

Ravenblack63's reply to Hassos27's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2013

Yes, Hassos27 ;- the common theme from the review centre is of former members being banned from a combination of cliques and admin or both. As you say, they have done you a big favour and its a blessing in disguise to find oneself banned by
mse. There are far better sites out there ;- mse is a mere corner shop amongst the supermarket dating sites, and I think the owner prefers it that way.
Still ;- aside from the decent people on there, one has to recognise that mse is also a breeding ground for xenophobes, perverts,sycophants, the attention-seeking, idiots, faceless pics and a high number of frigid women experiencing hot flushes, who resort to saucy seaside postcard humour in order to maintain male interest. There are also some desperate men on there ;- judging by some of the comments I read during my time as a member. There are just too many people who are unimpressed by this site. Read all the comments. Its plain to see.

Golfer-In-Spirit's Response to Ravenblack63's Review

Written on: 01/04/2013

An excelent review and in all honesty I couldn't say any better.

I think I know the writer and although haven't met them can vouch for the accuracy and their integrity in having no hidden agenda against the site concerned.

MSE needs to change or it must cease to exist as a commercial enterprise. It's ok to have a site only for your own friends but not to use other members money to pay for it then manage them off the site by the enforcement of petite rules

Read 5 Comments

“Poor”

Written on: 26/02/2013

Seems dominated by couples and over populated with them. … Read Full Review

“Midsummerseve (MSE) Friendly outgoing site”

Written on: 25/09/2012

Been with this site almost since it's inception and am still with it so perhaps that speaks for itself. At first I didn't use it a lot but over the last 6-8 years have used it a great deal. Predominantly friendly people, by far the friendliest site I have come across, although as other reviewers have said there are trolls and troublemakers as with any site on the internet. Yes there are cliques and over the years I have seen troublemakers come and go. Some leave voluntarily, others are… Read Full Review

Cuppa's Comment

Written on: 05/10/2012

i think that this is by far the best review what summ's up midsummers eve dating and so called friendship site,it's the best.
i have been on this site over the last 6-10 years.
not a good sign to be on a dating site for 6-10 years.

yes there are cliques.?? so do you want to be in a clique.!!heck no!!!

""others are helped off' by admin."" i suppose banned by admin,yes previous reviews cleary state iff' your face does not fit admin will help you off'.well done admin.

there will alway be some jelous enough to try and make things difficulult.""does this site not advertise that its a friendship site.""by what i am reading about this site its far from a friendship site.
my conclusion after reading this review is a simple one.the one comment for me.leaves me in no doubt about this so called friendly dating site.!!!SOME OF THESE I AM GLAD TO SEE THE BACK OF!!!

ONE PRESUMES MEMBERS WHO PAY .

before anyone ever decide's to join this site then you will be on this dating site for 6-8 years join a clique.face dont fit.admin,will help you off'.even if you have paid.and they will be glad to see the back of you.

YES THIS IS THE BEST REVIEW I HAVE READ.LMAO!!!!

G_____G's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2012

Regarding 'Cuppa's' response and 'Golfer in Spirit's' review. I wrote the previous review of this site 'So far - so good' after spending a very pleasant day on the river in Yorkshire and hearing that the meets seemed to be suffering in recent times. Having seen a few episodes of 'The Hotel Inspector' (yes, it is as simple as that), I wondered if there had been any poor reviews. I soon found a spate of about four one star reviews on this site all bunched together. I decided to write my own, open and honest review. I am a very ethical person but I must declare an element of self interest here - I finally found a site that I thought could help me to enlarge my circle of friends and spend time with people who were also single rather than in couples (a site that would also help me to move into dating at some point but would not push me into some dating frenzy) and I did not want the site torpedoed - which seemed to be what was happening. In addition to writing my own review, I contacted two people that I had spoken to while on the boating trip and let them know . I think it is likely that one of those two people decided to write a review too - though I have not asked them and so I do not know. I have had nothing to do with the management of the site and as I wrote in my review, as yet I am not a paying member.

I have taken onboard 'Golfer-in-Spirit's' comments regarding extra services. I think that I may join so that I can try to get a group going in my area and so that I can understand a bit more about the groups that exist.

Golfer-In-Spirit's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2012

I to have made friends on the site however this is in spite of the management.

The reviewer has not mentioned about the upgrade package and if they purchased it or not. If they did was it of value? Have they had cause to deal with admin and if so how do they feel they were treated?

It's ironic that given the large amount of negative feed back that the owner of MSE decides to make an appearence on the forums and two "Guests" review the site positivley.

The owner told me in a long phone conversation that he was fully aware of how unpopular the site is amongst the majority but provided a small number of members enjoy the site he is happy.

That comment alone and the admision by the reviewer of the existance of cliques implies to me that the common allegation of MSE - that it is run merely for the benefit of a few choosen members - is true.

In sumary allthough I have made friends there are better sites.

Read 3 Comments

“Droll.”

Written on: 16/09/2012 by ernaway (1 review written)

Some people get to a certain age and join the Ramblers association. Midsummer's Eve is the cyber version of it. As yet I'm fifty years too young to join either. Very pedestrian. The forums seem to be full of old sack-butt wind farts who talk a lot but say nothing. You can view some of the conversations without needing to register an account or set up a profile, which is just as well, because it's enough to make you not bother, a bit like not bothering to join the ramblers association if your… Read Full Review

“''''DULL & DRAB''''”

Written on: 18/08/2012

yes "dull & drab" thats how this so called dating site is now percieved to have become.thats been put up by a member on a thread."So" how has it become like that.simple answer is admin and their cronies have simply just banned so many colourfull character's out.now its their own fault.and their own doing.haha i say.what goes round comes round.the site is a total scam.a bucket shop dating site.now they are left with all the long term members.anyone new is just trolled out.if you think i am… Read Full Review

“If you have a personality - Avoid this site”

Written on: 03/08/2012 by Golfer-in-spirit (3 reviews written)

Allthough you can search for members and use the conversations area free most members have now either left the site or have been banned. The essential upgrade is a complete waste of time and money and provides you with no real additional service other then unlimited messeging. The whole place has become a closed shop for the bland and embittered overweight 50+ females who have anything then dating on their mind. A large number of membes have either physical or mental health issues and resent… Read Full Review

“not a free dating site ”

Written on: 13/02/2012 by dunty1 (1 review written)

midsummers eve is not a free dating site at all.like has been said.you are bombarded with a request to part with your money.only to find out of date profiles.a pure scam in my view.i just wonder how many more people are going to be "suckers" to fill the coffers of this so called dating site.they state on one reveiw that they.midsummers eve have had one thousand marriage success rate.since opening their doors.the company is to be avioded, if you wish to find a partner or at the very least some… Read Full Review

“I got excited then dumped with out of date info and...”

Written on: 21/01/2012

A friend of mine recommended 'Midsummer's eve' as one site that allows you to browse lists and even comunicate with others before paying out any subs. I though this sounded great as I have tried other sites and wasted my time filling out pages and pages of profile sheets and personal info only to discover that I could not see anyone who had looked at my profile until I forked out. ( Those sites then bombard you with emails telling you that loads of people have looked, but to find out, you… Read Full Review

“Ha Ha ”

Written on: 12/12/2011 by golfooot (1 review written)

Ha Ha.yes i am a Banned member of Midsummers eve Or so Called dating site.One of Hundreds banned by this So called 'DATING' site.'To' realy see What A lot of banned members have said before me.Admin Are a joke.I was told about the cover up of members Who have not Logged on for YEARS.Then go look into the site,At site matters.The Title.'SPRING CLEAN.Even existing members are now so peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed of contacting 'To'What just might be a member who wishes to date.Only to find they have not… Read Full Review

Badgerset's Response to golfooot's Review

Written on: 21/01/2012

To late. I got sucked in and paid the price for 4 year old info.
Why is there not a body that can ban or stop these rip offs.
I suppose I,ll get banned now.

Read 1 Comment

“dont pay for this dating site.”

Written on: 02/12/2011

as a dating site it must rank as a joke.hardly anyone in my area.in fact there where 3 people.i checked them out and they had not logged on for two years.a total waste of typing.the owners its obvious are not brave enough to put when last logged in.i did not bother with the forums,to me it was just a clique… Read Full Review

“Good social and dating site”

Written on: 16/09/2011

I joined about 18 months ago, and found a nice bunch of people. The site has a social aspect which is I didn't notice on any of the other site I joined, so you can get to know members in real life before going on dates. I have been to two of the meetups, I live in Birmingham. Everyone was very welcoming. Have not paid any money yet, still using the free services… Read Full Review

“A gawd awful dating site.”

Written on: 03/09/2011

This must be the only dating forum to bann people from using another ip,addy.the banning of people is so rife,IT REMINDS YOU,of a an era of nastyness.admin,would sure seem to be happy in its gun hoe attitude.give this site a wide berth.but be warned do not use either your b/f or g/f.computor because they will now bann you.i just thank my lucky stars that i did not lose any money.and did not subscribe… Read Full Review