Epson Photo Stylus R300 Reviews

Epson Photo Stylus R300 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Epson Photo Stylus R300

“price”

written by bristolrob on 07/07/2012

This is a old printer but the price of the ink is a joke £82.36 for the set from Epson web set today!!! Stay well a way. I will not be buying any more ink cart for this printer as you can pick up printers cheaper. I have paid for cheaper ink carts but none of them work!! wasted around £15 on cheap cart that don't work. The printer it self is well made and can print on dvd disc which is simply to set up but the cost of the ink is just too much to take. Value for money is worst then Terrible!!!!

“Ran it for 6 years and it is going to run for another 6”

written by on 08/06/2012

It worked great for me. If Epson ink carts are expensive use compatables, should be under £2 for each one. Have now ran into the servicable parts error message, easy to fix by taking the overflow hose out of the back of the printer and letting it drain into a suitable container. Great for printing onto CD's and DVD's and photo quality is good. Print CD software is not that compatible with windows 7 but it works if you select manual printing options. Overall a few grumbles but it has been a really good printer for me and I have recommended it to a few friends who have bought it and are still using it today and they like it as well. You do not even need to attach it to your pc to print from memory cards as it has a card reader built in. Worked better with xp but it will run under windows 7 if you spend a bit time on understanding the manual printing function. Still give it 5 stars though.

“Had my Epson R300 for seven years and am just about to...”

written by The Witch on 24/04/2009

Had my Epson R300 for seven years and am just about to replace it. I have used the CISS ink system from new which has made it very economical to use.
After 12 months I did get the customary error message that some parts inside needed replacing, but after a tweak (found on the net) and resetting I have had no further problem. I won't hesitate to buy the same printer again

“This is a sorry state of affairs when a underworked...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 08/11/2008

This is a sorry state of affairs when a underworked printer becomes redundant because they no longer supply ink for a three year old printer. I was thinking of buying a the Epson 3800 but if Epson do not back up their products I will use another brand.

“This is my 2nd EPson R300 printer in approx 3 years -...”

written by on 17/09/2008

This is my 2nd EPson R300 printer in approx 3 years - both of which have not stopped working even though I only have home use requirements. Print head just refuses to move. Tried the usual fixes and trouble shooting, even tried using 3rd party software to reset, to no avail. I am now looking to buy new printer.

“I have been using this type of printer at high level,...”

written by professor1uk on 08/07/2008

I have been using this type of printer at high level, for over 6 months and not had any problems with it at all, it is easy to use it informs you when ink is low, even when in stand alone mode.

Good quality prints on various photo paper thicknesses, ink cartridges are about £7.00 each, if bought from epson or epson retailer.

However there are compatible ink cartridges available if you look, but retailers recommend you do not use them, but for high level use and if you find the right supplier, this is an option to consider.

If you don't want to be carrying your computer with you, this printer has a stand alone mode, this means you can print pictures direct from you camera.

(provided it is picbridge camera)

I have mainly used it via this option and found it suits my needs perfectly.

So overall good performance, good quality prints and easy to use.. but could be made a little stronger in some places.

“I love this printer. I've had it for years and it...”

written by on 07/06/2008

I love this printer. I've had it for years and it works on things my other printers don't handle very well. It's envelope printing is a case in point. I print all my envelopes using this printer. Otherwise I use labels and a laser printer when the volume is really high.

I love the CD/DVD direct printing too. I can't understand why anyone uses Lightscribe when this is available. Watch for sales on the media to keep costs down though. The results look very professional.

Cool, it works with Linux!

“Good quality printer, all paper.”

written by drmartydvm on 14/02/2008

Good quality printer, all paper.

For me there was a paper feed problem within a year of purchase, no warranty or parts service available. "Too costly to repair, out of warranty."

Should have been priced at $69 if the product life is only $69 worth. Anybody wanna buy a bunch of ink? Dont buy the Epson Photo Stylus R300 for a Inkjet Printer as far as I am concerned.

“I find the Epson Photo Stylus R300 an all round very...”

written by on 09/01/2008

I find the Epson Photo Stylus R300 an all round very good printer, especially for the money. However, when mine needed a service it did a complete shut down on me - and it did not work for a bit, however I would still recommend to stick with Epson and you will not go wrong!

“I've had this for 2 months, bad printer. every time I...”

written by on 20/12/2007

I've had this for 2 months, bad printer. every time I put more that 3 sheets of anything in the tray it wont accept it, the quality of print is good but unless I use only photo paper the printer is not good at all. Its useless at envelopes, printing letters more than 1 at a time, labels and it never prints CDs/ DVDs in the center. Its alway off to one side even when the printer is aligned

“Had my Epson Photo Stylus R300 for over 2 years now...”

written by garrysc on 14/08/2007

Had my Epson Photo Stylus R300 for over 2 years now and am very pleased with it. Text and photo prints are of good quality, ink consumption very good, particularly as you only have to replace one cartridge at a time.
Can recommend it.

“Overall I am very happy with my Epson Photo Stylus...”

written by hitdown on 05/07/2007

Overall I am very happy with my Epson Photo Stylus R300, which I use exclusively for printing on CDs. I was very pleased to see the quality look professional, as I was printing on CDs that are being sold. However, the one negative - and if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them at [email protected] - I now find I have to insert the CD tray several times before I can get the printer to print. It will reject (eject) the tray and you have to re-insert it and hope this time it accepts it. Eventually it does, but it makes the process very time consuming.

“OK if you only expect it to last a year - this is a...”

written by jomitch on 06/05/2007

OK if you only expect it to last a year - this is a result of both of my Epsons and the one I use at work.

“Overall, I have been very pleased with this Epson...”

written by spiralgoddess on 08/02/2007

Overall, I have been very pleased with this Epson Photo Stylus R300 printer. I like that fact that you replace individual colours which means there is no waste due to replacing an all in one where only one colour has run out. I recycle all the cartridges and feel very good about the fact nothing is wasted unnecessarily.
Great for all kinds of printing and is a really reasonable price these days.

“Was good and trustworthy for one year but can I buy a...”

written by Skapaflow on 06/01/2007

Was good and trustworthy for one year but can I buy a new one if I know that it will probably break in a year. My lasers work for years and years - I am quite disappointed.

“I will always recommend the Epson Photo Stylus R300...”

written by madmadmuppet on 21/12/2006

I will always recommend the Epson Photo Stylus R300 printer to anyone. I've had mine for 12 months, and I have replaced the cartridges just 2 times so far, and I use compatible make cartridges. The first lot of cartridges that came with it, I was disappointed with, as they only lasted for 3 months maximum. The printer stopped printing due to the chips on the cartridges. Bare this in mind when you buy them, as they have a use by date on them...no matter if they are only half full, they won't print due to the chips. So I buy compatible cartridges for around £1.70 each, and they do the job just as well as Epson originals. Well done Epson!

“This is a very good printer and I would not hesitate...”

written by Annio on 23/11/2006

This is a very good printer and I would not hesitate recommending it.

“Buy genuine inks off eBay for around £25 a set,...”

written by squidge on 17/07/2006

Buy genuine inks off eBay for around £25 a set, they're £75 in the shops.

Never tried compatible inks as I think this kinda defeats the object of the R300 but could be worth a go.

“This Epson Photo Stylus R300 is the best printer I...”

written by crafty1289 on 31/05/2006

This Epson Photo Stylus R300 is the best printer I have owned. It has outlasted any of the others, and still prints like new. I don't use Epson cartridges, since there is no way I can justify spending £10 on each 20ml? of ink. I have no problems with compatible cartridges, and this is what I have based my "value for money" rating on. Glossy photos come out more vibrant than from the photo shop, takes about 1 min 30s to print an 8*5 photo in top quality, well worth the wait though! And if you want a quick copy, the "eco" mode is VERY fast, but I only wish it was a bit slower, because sometimes it lays the ink down too faint to read! I confess I haven't used the CD print function yet, but going on my experience with this printer so far, I expect nothing short of excellent!

Another thing, This printer supports "PIM" - print image matching - which means the exact data captured by a scanner or digital camera (also supporting PIM) will be transferred to the printer, and produce excellent quality prints (though picture editing is limited if you want to take advantage of this).

The included software bundle is very good and includes a couple of image enhancement programmes. The printer itself is designed very well, the build quality is evident when you open the memory card door - it is "soft sprung" so it doesnt snap shut. It is a little bulky though!

Overall, top quality printer, well recommended!

“EPSON R300 IS ALL YOU NEED...very good quality Epson...”

written by mrglum on 17/04/2005

EPSON R300 IS ALL YOU NEED...very good quality Epson inks can be found very cheaply and even cheaper are the duplicated IMJET ink cartridge I recommend as perfect copies and last!! So far I have had no paper feed problems unlike other older Epsons. With the good looks and better performance compared to the other cannon Lexmark range. This ones a winner.

To print on a CD is not a bad feature, and I have had good results, but would need a more time to work out how to get good resolution as the photos are stunning with good paper matt or gloss with no print lines on mine!!

The best thing was as compared to the Epson C62 the R300 is soooo quiet, in motion and more importantly turning off and on.

Now as for the Epson R320 this includes the much needed monitor to see pics before printing if you have a apple mac like me using photoshop before you make effects before printing.
It can get confusing especially with DVD printing.

Printing straight from a cameras lcd through the usb1/2 front printer cable input..(When the use of the memory card from the computers photoshop)... can solve this LCD problem.

As for the networkable feature bluetooth is provided though you have to buy at least one dongle bluetooth devices at extra costs, this is not perfect out of the box if you already have Bluetooth to send draft or pics from.

As the memory card input feature works well. Using at home having a wireless networked printer, is an expensive option to setup.

There will be better tray feed paper dust free compact & wireless 2.4ghz printers in the future that will have big ink lasting cartridges for sure. Until Epsons designers really give in to good product design at the moment this is the best it can get!!

I really like this Epson printer, but I will never buy any of Epsons ink. As I believe most other quality, R300 ink manufactures have duplicated a perfect match to steal Epsons trade in mass production of printer ink cartridges anyway. Using these inks gives a really affordable ideal printer to the masses!!