LG RZ-42PX11 Reviews

Media Gallery for LG RZ-42PX11

LG RZ-42PX11
LG RZ-42PX11

“LG 60PH670V”

Written on: 10/05/2014 by progmiester (1 review written)

Purchased this telly in 2004 and only now is it starting to show green 'snow' on some programming. Going to buy LG 60PH670V 60" smart 3D. Best Tv's on the market for price and quality… Read Full Review

“I have a LG Plasma TV (RZ-42PX11) that I bought in...”

Written on: 07/05/2010

I have a LG Plasma TV (RZ-42PX11) that I bought in 2005. Ieally it should have at least 30,000 or more hours of watching capacity. In most of the month the TV was kept turned off as I work at sea. During my holiday(which is 3 months in a year), I watch the TV on average of 4-5 hours a day.

Recently, the TV stops displaying anything but lots of coloured dots, and I can hear the sound of course.

Contacted LG about the issue, but no satisfactory response (let alone be friendly, even if you spend… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2011

Hallo I have the same problem ...
I am from Germany and in Germany, and i have it buy for 5000€, and when i turn on the LG the television was blacck but i hear the sound.
Can you answer me please thx

Read 1 Comment

“HAVE MY PLASMA 4 YEARS PC BOARDS TO EXPENSIVE ITS...”

Written on: 24/10/2009

HAVE MY PLASMA 4 YEARS PC BOARDS TO EXPENSIVE ITS SEEMS TO BE A COMMON PROBLEM THE MONEY I SPENT BUYING THIS PIECE OF PARC IT IS SUPPOSED TO LAST AT LEAST 8 YEARS WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE THERE CUSTOMER SERVICES WONT EVEN ENTERTAINE THAT IT IS A MANUFACTURING PROBLEM… Read Full Review

“My LG RZ-42PX11 roke down after 4 years of use....”

Written on: 14/04/2009

My LG RZ-42PX11 roke down after 4 years of use. Details worn out too soon, too expensive to repair… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Can't get any answers or help from anyone, classic no...”

Written on: 18/10/2008

Can't get any answers or help from anyone, classic no one wants to know or offer any suggestion as to the problem. LG Stnks don't buy one… Read Full Review

“Bought my LG RZ-42PX11 plasma in 2005, it developed...”

Written on: 07/05/2008 by mrschiggles (2 reviews written)

Bought my LG RZ-42PX11 plasma in 2005, it developed tiny red pixels after 8 months so i sent it away for repair. it came back with thick red lines down the screen so sent it away again.. It came back with pink colours in the middle of the screen so it went away again... all in all three different parts were replaced over the space of 12 months. LG customer service are appalling to deal with and don't really seem to care. The tv has now developed the same problem with tiny green dots this… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“This LG RZ-42PX11 is my second tele in 4 weeks. It's...”

Written on: 25/12/2007

This LG RZ-42PX11 is my second tele in 4 weeks. It's xmas eve and all I have is a black screen and volume! Not a happy man! Taking it back to the shop as soon as it opens this morning and changing it for a different make. I would not advise any one to buy an lg product. Very very poor… Read Full Review

“I bought a DVD disc base recorder at the same time and...”

Written on: 18/11/2007 by goldwingaudio (1 review written)

I bought a DVD disc base recorder at the same time and its never worked right so my advice is stay miles away from LG as they don't deserve our hard earned money. I think it is the worst equipment on the planet… Read Full Review

“I've had my RZ42PX11 for 2 1/2 years. It has recently...”

Written on: 06/11/2007 by SKF2637 (1 review written)

I've had my RZ42PX11 for 2 1/2 years. It has recently broken down needing all new pcb boards totaling £439.44 at trade price!! I originally paid £1500.00 for this TV and think that this is not good value for money at all. I am currently in talks with the company I purchased this TV from regards to who should pay for the repairs. As under the sale of goods act 1979 you have up to 6 years to make a claim if it can be proved there is a manufacturing based defect. Reading some other comments on… Read Full Review

Goggleboxer's Response to SKF2637's Review

Written on: 02/05/2008

I found this review helpful because I have had sudden loss of picture problems with my LG RZ-42PX11. I discovered to my dismay that the five year warranty I thought I was protected by actually ran parallel to the LG's 2-year warranty and, as a result, has expired. :-(<br/><br/>If the repair estimate is anywhere near that quoted by SKF2637's then I shall also be looking for financial assistance from LG.

Read 1 Comment

“Purchased mine Nov. 2004. Just 8 months after expiry...”

Written on: 14/09/2007 by gsglg (1 review written)

Purchased mine Nov. 2004. Just 8 months after expiry of guarantee it broke down. We sent it to be repaired and asked to be informed about cost before they do it. They just called one morning saying they repaired it. I got mad because they did not inform us ahead and because of the cost (500 Euro). They claim they had to replace 2 boards. I complained about the whole handling and the cost. What's the result? I have been punished with delayed delivery! How can such bad quality and service be so… Read Full Review

“Purchased my TV a year ago and have nothing but...”

Written on: 10/12/2006 by vortex426 (1 review written)

Purchased my TV a year ago and have nothing but problems. I'm currently on the 3rd unit. LG is completely appalling to deal with. Each time it goes down I have to wait about 4 weeks to get it back up. Don't waste your money with LG. They truly don't care about there customers. Yes the have a 2 year warranty on some of there TVs. But try and use it… Read Full Review

“Now had this Plasma TV for 2 years and have to say it...”

Written on: 14/11/2006 by lgplasmalover (1 review written)

Now had this Plasma TV for 2 years and have to say it has been really great; so many connectivity options and been using a DVD player with a digital connection to the TV and looks awesome! Additionally, have used both a PC on the VGA port as well as composite connection to my Xbox 360 using the HD cable and looks stunning - pristine picture quality! Picture contrast is only 3000:1 however looks fantastic - films display true vibrant colours and blacks are dead black - just try running the THX… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My LG RZ-42PX11 was two years old on 20/09/2006. Two...”

Written on: 23/10/2006 by masson123 (1 review written)

My LG RZ-42PX11 was two years old on 20/09/2006. Two weeks ago it broke down. It requires a new video panel costing £411. So much for 30,000 hours. LG doesn't want to know. Beware!… Read Full Review

284434_Ljash's Response to masson123's Review

Written on: 04/04/2007

My problem exactly the same. I will fight it with them and take them to court mine lasted 2 years 3 months. You still have the right to sue if the goods don't last for a reasonable time.I paid £1600.00 for mine and there is obviously a problem with them.
<br/> L.J.ASH

Gsglg's Response to masson123's Review

Written on: 21/09/2007

I guess I am lucky! Ours lasted 2 years 7 months. Its cost in Greece was Euro3000 and just paid 500 to be fixed. They said they had to replace 3 boards. I called LG customer service to complain they said they have no responsibility after guarantee expires. I told them with such bad quality and high cost, I do not think they can go far and I will never buy an LG product again. They did not seem to care. Just from my case they have already lost 2 customers in a week as I advised against buying an LG laptop for the office and a colleague that was about getting an LG TV changed her mind after hearing my story. I will try to find information about this 5 years guarantee masson123 mentioned, it sounds logical.

Masson123's Response to masson123's Review

Written on: 04/05/2007

Interesting to read your comment LJASH.To be honest I gave up on mine & sold it for £50. I too paid over £1500 originally. It will be interesting to see the outcome of your case. I have been informed recently that on any item costing over £1000 a manufacturer is obliged to replace up to five years on a faulty goods.

Read 3 Comments

“I've had my LG RZ-42PX11 Plasma T.V. since December...”

Written on: 07/09/2005 by WWilko (1 review written)

I've had my LG RZ-42PX11 Plasma T.V. since December 2004, and I have been thrilled with it. AV Forums have a section on this screen with loads of advice on setting it up, and lip-sync etc... There are more connections than on any close competitor, and the on-board tuner works well, although you'll need a decent aerial and a strong signal to get a good picture.
Connected to an XBox with component cables yields a fantastic DVD watching (and game-playing) experience.
The remote can be a bit… Read Full Review

“LG RZ-42PX11 - For its price you can't fault it,...”

Written on: 15/07/2005 by K3FUS (1 review written)

LG RZ-42PX11 - For its price you can't fault it, despite the large screen size I was pleased to see that the TV does not take over the lounge. It was easy to set up and all the possible conections you may need are available.

I did have to spend some time resetting my AV amplifier so the lip sync problem was corrected. Those of you with a simpler amplifier may still have problems.

Overall I am very happy with it, I hope I feel this way in a year or so… Read Full Review

“Skin complexion on the LG RZ-42PX11 can look very...”

Written on: 10/05/2005 by georgehoward (1 review written)

Skin complexion on the LG RZ-42PX11 can look very luminant, and I need to adjust colour /brightness and contrast for each program I watch… Read Full Review

“Picture quality on the LG RZ-42PX11 is very good once...”

Written on: 30/01/2005 by ADEY BOY (1 review written)

Picture quality on the LG RZ-42PX11 is very good once you have tinkered with settings in hidden service menu great price picture quality improves with age. About 250 hours of use if you look on AV forums.com. Loads of peoples settings on there, helps you to set up to create the best picture possible. I've had mine since December and are very pleased with it and I'm really fussy with picture quality, before this I had a 36 inch Philips CRT but the picture on the LG plasma is better once… Read Full Review

“The LG RZ-42PX11 is a good looking, budget priced 42"...”

Written on: 20/01/2005 by scrimlo (2 reviews written)

The LG RZ-42PX11 is a good looking, budget priced 42" TV is something not to be sniffed at, but you have got to bare in mind the long term consequences of its negative points.

I am struggling with coming to terms with the colour banding, which seem to occur on low quality images, dark images and colour gradients on smooth objects, such as a close-up shot of a face. I often play with the colour/contrast/brightness settings, and can sometimes eliminate these problems partially, but they are… Read Full Review

Frifa's Response to scrimlo's Review

Written on: 26/05/2005

I have the same problems with the model LCD RZ-37LZ30.
<br>The problem is in the electronics (high-level components FLI2300 deinterlacer and Rembrandt-1 scaler) planned badly by the firmware.
<br>To my opinion the Rembrandt has been planned with a gamma too elevated that forces the low levels to a too elevated ramp toward the middle levels.
<br>Besides in my set I have noticed an irregularity in the gradient of the green (connection DVI)
<br>It would need to investigate if it is possible to lower the range through a service menu or through the command interface RS-232.

Read 1 Comment

“For a low budget it is recommended. (See Good Points)”

Written on: 29/12/2004 by Nihar (1 review written)

For a low budget it is recommended. (See Good Points)… Read Full Review

“The LG-RZ42PX11 is despite the odds actually quite a...”

Written on: 09/12/2004 by pannywagon1 (7 reviews written)

The LG-RZ42PX11 is despite the odds actually quite a good plasma and would probably impress all but the most demanding of home-cinema enthusiasts.

Picture quality is generally good and you get a wide range of digital affects to taylor the picture the way that you like it. I feed Sky Digital into the screen and find that the picture is although slightly fizzy on some channels not bad at all. With it's 100cd/m2 brightness and 3000:1 contrast ratio you do get a performance that is comparable with… Read Full Review

Paulsmith's Response to pannywagon1's Review

Written on: 25/03/2005

"LG actually bought the technology for this screen from Panasonic and it does show in the performance"
<br>
<br>Sorry but this information is incorrect, LG supply other companies with technology for Plasma screens.
<br>
<br>Screen burn issues are common on most Plasma screens but I have never experienced green flashes before, maybe it was faulty.

Pannywagon1's Response to pannywagon1's Review

Written on: 11/03/2006

Sorry to argue but I worked for an electrical retailer when I bought this TV and even the LG rep admitted that the screen was actually a Panasonic unit. I wouldn't have said that LG bought the technology from Panasonic if I didn't hear it from the horse's mouth.

Read 2 Comments