Blackpool Pleasure Beach Reviews

Summary

Read reviews of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, find the best rides and what you need to know before you go.
Location South Promenade Blackpool.
Directions M55 Junction 4.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Ask a question now

“lights”

Written on: 30/11/2021 by Pam-H (7 reviews written)

amazing light work to see at the night.

“worst place ever”

Written on: 22/09/2021 by Dayanah391 (1 review written)

do not go expensive. long ques to get on rides, food is expensive. please do not take young children they would get tied waiting to get on the rides i spent more than £400 on entrance and food for 3kids and 3 adults .one childrens ride we waited for more than 2 hours to get on . in total we went on 5 rides in 8 hours. when i complained they said there nothing they can do, the park is over crowded and very expensive .

“Worst themepark in UK ! ”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by Coughlincv241 (1 review written)

Where should I start, £7 entrance fee if you want to walk around. £20 wristband if pre booked online only to be robbed £3.50 for a hotdog, the rides are seemingly old, dull and boring, a vast upgrade is definitely needed. The staff on every ride are just talking to each other, without a care of welfare for us visitors, for e.g big one, didn't check any carriages,safety is very low in this park

“Refusal Of Refund”

Written on: 12/04/2015 by Snelen (1 review written)

My daughter and boyfriend went to Blackpool for the weekend. Grand National on Saturday and pre booked tickets online for the pleasure beach on Sunday. Due to adverse weather conditions (high wind and two rides closed) they did not feel it safe to go. I have called the pleasure beach to request refund. Spoken to the call centre staff and two managers. They refused to refund the money.

My daughter travels home tomorrow so would be unable to use rainy day pass offered. Given Blackpool is approximately four hours or so journey the likely hood of using half price ticket option on a Sunday before end of season is slim. Despite my asking why an attraction so big could not use discretion in the interests of good customer service and business management they still refused.

I am now very unhappy and intend to take this further. Do not pre book tickets online as the saving is not worth it if you are unable to attend. The food is bad and poorly prepared. Eat all you want...the tickets do not include drinks i.e. Sprite, Cola etc have never experienced such shoddy service.

This is an embarrassment to the UK. It's worth mentioning that the staff I spoke to most certainly had the no refund policy drummed into them.

“Very overpriced and not worth the travel”

Written on: 15/03/2015 by Ortizlr1948 (1 review written)

Me and a friend came to Blackpool pleasure beach today for the first time in years. When I was younger I would come to the park every year for my birthday and always loved it however my time spent their today was disappointing in comparison. We ordered our wristbands online for £15 each, which is perfectly reasonable for the time of year as it is still cold, rainy and gray. It was the price we paid inside the park that shocked us as we spent nearly £40 and came out with nothing to show for it, this included two waterproof ponchos for Valhalla (at £1.20 each for a thin bit of plastic that we might as well not have bought!), 2 hotdogs and 2 coffees and a go on the dance machine in the arcade (which only let us have half a go out of three just because we missed a few steps!!). Personally I don't see how they can charge so much for so little and belive that the quality of what we bought was terrible for what we paid. It left us wishing we had gone to Alton Towers as we believed Blackpool would be a cheaper day out, it turned out we wouldn't have spent much more at Alton Towers and would have got better quality rides! As for the queueing we were waiting up to 45 minuets just to get on one ride, and we understand that they cannot help the volume of people wanting to get on the rides however for a lot of them they only had one carrage going at one time which clearly couldn't compensate for the amount of people on the park. Getting into the park was also a problem for us as we were asked to hand our bags over to be searched as soon as we had received our wristbands, I understand that they need to do checks however being female it can be quite embarrassing when a male security guard looks in all pockets and comes across items that are better left private. It left us feeling awkward and slightly violated our privacy before we had even entered the park. This is something you wouldn't have to be faced with at parks such as Alton Towers or Thorpe Park and is unnecessary as Blackpool is such a mediocre park in comparison. Overall our experience today was dull and dissapointing and after traveling a long time to get their I was really unhappy with the time spent standing around in the cold waiting for something exciting to happen. On a positive note the rides we managed to get on were great and the service from some of the staff (not all!!) was good.

“Ridiculous ”

Written on: 27/10/2014 by johnwatson1234 (1 review written)

After visiting the park many times previously and never having any problems, we decided to revisit during my daughters week off from her Art and Design Foundation Diploma course. We were just heading through security when a young woman, who clearly wasn't trained well in customer relations, told us we couldn't bring our 'picnic' onto the park, which just consisted of a loaf of bread. She then told us that we could hire a locker for the day for £3.50 that's also ensured for £500 liability, for bloody sandwiches! We weren't even planning on eating the sandwiches on the park due to the severe weather conditions. Myself, wife and daughter decided to try and eat a full loaf of stodgy brown bread between the three of us in the wind and pouring rain outside the gate. This, in total, lost us around 1 and a half hours of time on the park and now we can never even look at a loaf of bread again, let alone eat one. As we finally got onto the park, much later than planned, my wife realised she had lost a priceless gold hooped earring. We spent over an hour looking for it to no avail and even went back to where we ate the sandwiches as we thought it may have blown off in the horrendous weather conditions. When we were going back through the park gates, and were gone less than 5 minutes, a chubby, bold man on security deliberately made a meal of searching through my daughters backpack even though he saw us leave. There was only one person throughout the whole of the park who was actually helpful and sympathetic. He was a tall young fellow also on security. We finally went to lost property, after he told us where it was, to ask them about the earring, and they were the least bit of help. BPB has caused an immense amount of unnecessary stress towards myself and family. We're completely boycotting BPB and if anyone else has any sense, they will do the same. It's completely overrated and overpriced.

“terrible ”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by TobyJames357 (1 review written)

First time visiting blackpool pleasure beach and will be most definitely be the last poor value for money and the staff are a joke!!!!

“Blackpool pleasure Beach”

Written on: 04/09/2014 by sfpratt (1 review written)

We went in August 2014. Spent too long queuing for rides (40 mins). Never will visit a theme park again in school holidays or summer. Also, very annoyed with their stupid policy of no pack lunches allowed and was forced to pay £4.50 for locker. Be warned - security guards search your bags and will not let you in if they find a packed lunch, so try hiding sandwiches in little pockets if you can!!

“ absolutely brilliant ”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by dawny48 (1 review written)

We all had a fantastic day out, didn't have to queue to long for the rides, not like a day out at Alton towers which i would not recommended to anybody. Great price, and at half the price of Alton towers. Highly recommended.

“Grossly overpriced. Stupid entry fee.”

Written on: 31/03/2014

Visited the park yesterday with a group. One of our group was in her 80s and we wanted her to be able to join us on the sedate rides, we brough wrist bands. She had to pay £6 just to get through the gate and then had to purchase 7 TOKENS FOR WALLACE AND GROMIT AND YET MORE JUST TO RIDE THE GHOST TRAIN!!!!!!!!!! This was taking the mickey as far as we were concerned. The park itself needs a lot of work doing to it, the Grand National looked so tatty and neglected as did the Big dipper which looked dire. There is so much empty space in the park with rides gone and nothing new replacing them. The arcades were all empty and there was no buzz about the place at all. The amount of money you must be losing by charging these stupid over inflated prices for entry tickets, food and souvenirs. You deserve to go under and I hope you continue to make big losses as in the past few years until you wake up and realize people (especially families) cannot afford your prices (Your food and souvenirs are way out of many peoples reach) On the Pier a short walk away they have now introduced a £9.99 wrist band for all day riding non stop, plus reduced ticket amounts for each ride. At least they are doing something to boost trade and they deserve to take all of your custom with the families this season!

“Exspensive dive”

Written on: 31/08/2013

Me and my husband wanted our two young children to experience blackpool for the first time although they through,y enjoyed there day saying blackpool is sweetie land, we were both disgusted at the price of the please beach £100 it would of costed us to get on the rides etc but decided on the cheaper option and pay the rides individually we left blackpool feeling like we should of gone to Alton Towers as its £20 cheaper and the rides are better quality by far! All in all a very disappointing day even he tower rips you a new one! Blackpool as I'd remember it was a fun and friendly (your wallet) day out. Now it's a place where you hemorrhage your hard earned money

Written on: 29/03/2014

Paying for rides individually is definitely not the cheaper option (unless you only want to do one ride).
The entrance price (for a wristband) is far cheaper than the price to enter Alton Towers so I don't know where you are coming from on that one.

You can't expect value from using ride tickets - wristbands are brilliant value, allowing you to ride the rides all day much like entering at Alton Towers (apart from the fact that you can get on a lot more rides at Blackpool, and they are better).

I consider this an unfair review to be honest, you can't expect good value yet not buy a wristband.

Corkish83's Comment

Written on: 29/03/2014

What if you haven't got a spare £100 in your back pocket? Even if we did doubt we'd get a whole day out of ! we paid £30 and got quite a few rides in so more than one ride thanks!

Everything was expensive even blackpool tower prices are high , I remember it be far more reasonable you've got to also take into account feeding the kids and yourselves little trinkets that the kids like etc etc

There are more great kiddie rides I'll give you that seeing as my kids are little 7 and five . But £100 just for the pleasure beach and that's it doesn't sit right with me for that much I want to be able to feed and let my kids buy a trinket or two.

“Horrendous”

Written on: 26/08/2013

I went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach on 25th July. We travelled as a group of 10 from Bradford to Blackpool. We left here at 7am and got there for 10am. When we got to the Pleasure beach we went to go in through the security gates. The Lady guard wasn't going to let me or my fiance in because we had 4 sandwiches in our bags. We explained my fiance is Diabetic so they are made for him and they are for us going home. In the end she lets us in but not before she started shouting at me and accused me of shouting. Which i was not doing i talk loud because im hard of hearing. I still to this day dont have an apology off her for this. When she searched my friends bag she point blank out refused to let her in because again she had sandwiches in there. When we asked her about did any of the food in the park contain e numbers or potassium sorbate she could not guarantee this. ( one of the children we had with us cannot have e numbers or Pottassium Sorbate ) so we had to get the manager. Who wouldn't do anything about it at first. So we asked for a refund ( we hadnt even collected the wrist bands at this point ) to be told it wasnt possible. The whole day was horrendous. In the end we went to the piers and spend money there instead. However on some of the side outlets we tried to get drinks and we heard someone talking in the back and left us standing at the counter for 15 mins and then came back out from the back and said " sorry we are closed " i mean hellooo you werent closed 15 mins ago and he was damn right rude about it. I again will never go to Blackpool again. I would rather spend the extra and go back to Ocean Beach Pleasure Park in South Shields at least there its alot more friendly towards people with disabilities as well as families in general.

Written on: 29/03/2014

An unfortunate occurrence, in my opinion it sounds like the staff member in question was on a power trip.
Did you email or phone the park when you got home - you might have got a refund that way.

Charliebaby's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2014

of course i emailed and phoned.. they were just as horrendous and the idiot at the skating arena needs to be sacked.

The whole place has went down hill alot since i used to go there.. i will never ever go back ... infact they would have to pay me to go back... for the whole group too.

“Dis-organised chaos”

Written on: 15/08/2013 by opeths_ghost (1 review written)

I have been going to the pleasure beach since I was about 8 yrs old and I have always loved the place. I am now 43 and after taking my family for the day yesterday my whole attitude to the place has changed. The friendly feel has gone, it it's place are security guards. We first lined up for about 35 mins only to get within touching distance of the counter when we where redirected to another line, a coach load of people got off in front of us, joined the line and so we where forced back about 50 people, then once inside the casino still in the line, another 12 people jumped in saying they where with the first group this resulted in a heated exchange of words. Once you have your wristbands you then need to line up again to gain entry to the park where your bags are intrusively and embarrassingly searched for food (every bag), you WILL be denied entry if you have any food even though this is not stated until you have paid!!! Take it back to your car if you are lucky enough to have gone in a car. They have a system of what can only be called 'que jumping', of course if you pay more, creating much longer waiting times. We also waited approx 45 mins and ordered £25 worth of gourmet burger meals to find they had forgotten to put a burger in one of the buns!!!!! It pains me writing a review like this but I really felt the need. The pleasure beach is a million miles away from the place it was, it is totally about £££££££ and that is ALL. A very outdated, tatty, money grabbing park where half of the fun things don't work, like the water sprays on the infusion ride, a major selling point of the ride. Unfortunately, it is going to be a very very long time until I go back, if at all. Apologies if this sounds like a pompous reviewer, I am not and I don't have a lot of money to throw away on poor days out, there was other incidents during the day that added up. The only plus about the pleasure beach is that the rides are excellent, especially the old ladies - grand national, big dipper, wild mouse etc. My advice would be to try Drayton Manor, we loved it.

“horrible”

Written on: 15/08/2013

queue for hours, but worst of all is the intrusion of the bag search, do NOT go!

“ppl who cant go on enything”

Written on: 11/04/2013

l have to pay to go in park with my family as l cant be on my own as l take fits cant ear to well or see l dont think fare as l feel down as it with been ill l think ppl like me soulding have to pay as wee cant injoy our self in park

Written on: 18/07/2013

Most theme parks still charge full price entry regardless of whether or not you can go on/are going on rides, Pleasure Beach is quite considerate to offer a considerably cheaper option to people who want to enter but not go on rides.
It was once free for all I know, but this way has made the park much more secure and safe to be in, and a much nicer place.

Charliebaby's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2013

Coasterjamie they ain't that great, They are rude and they have horrendous attitudes to. They cannot cope with people with disabilities very well either. I know from first hand on that one

Read 2 Comments

“Amazing Rides And Attractions!!”

Written on: 16/03/2013

Blackpool pleasure beach is by far the best theme/ amusement park in the UK in most peoples opinion. It is now cleaner than ever and there is plenty to do weather you want to ride the pepsi max big one, one of the tallest, fastest, steepest roller coasters in the world or go for the smaller rides in the uk's only nickelodeon land. There is a huge range of rides, food and other attractions which stops you from getting bored. The pleasure beach now has an entry fee which stops any trouble makers entering the park and is cleaner, safer and more family friendly than ever, it has an amazing atmosphere to it and has lots of branded places to eat in the park such as burger king, yoomoo and slush puppy. when it is raining, there are loads of arcades and indoor attractions to go in and when it's sunny the atmosphere in the park is amazing! tip: go to the park in october when it is sunny and open late, because the park is stunning when it is lit up at night and so is the whole of blackpool!

“NOT SO GOOD PLEASURE BEACH BLACKPOOL”

Written on: 14/02/2013

Its just a pitty the pleasure beach blackpool dont look after good staff that have put sweat and blood into it for years, mr G Thompson and his mother Doris put staff first god bless them both, all staff was behind them 100% thats when it was busy.And a member of staff was a member of a team that pulled together and made the park what it is today.

“Start Saving money at the Pleasure Beach”

Written on: 07/01/2013 by Sarah156 (1 review written)

Every year I go with my family to the pleasure beach. We love going and the kids love going on all the rides and buying souvenirs. We have noticed that the prices are slowly rising but I have just found a new app on my phone called Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It gives different offers for the park and I like that I can navigate around the park using my phone so that I don't have to carry a map. I thought it would be good to share with everyone so that they can get the most out of their money. Hope this helps anyone else that has noticed about the prices increasing.

“Very poor value for money”

Written on: 24/10/2012 by Gem-82 (1 review written)

Although I bought wristbands online for £20 each I feel as though we did not get good value for money as my eldest son only got to go on 3 rides and myself and my youngest sons only got to go on a few rides in Nickelodeon land as queues were very long and had a very long wait for them. To get to go on more rides and get value for money you would need to spend all day there. Next time I go to blackpool I will not be visiting the pleasure beach.

Coasterjamie's Response to Gem-82's Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

Blackpool Pleasure Beach is a theme park. You are supposed to (and most people do) stay all day there, as you have paid for a wristband you should be staying on park for as long as possible.
Personally I think that £20 for a whole day of riding is exceptional value for money, especially as the rides at Pleasure Beach rival that of any other park in the UK!

Read 1 Comment

“Poor value or money ”

Written on: 18/10/2012

Blackpool Plesure Beach is an enjoyable attraction in Blackpool but you spend more time queing than on rides. There are a good selection of rides for everyone, however the wrist band price on the door of £35.00 for one adult is excessive if you have a larger family and you are not likely to get your moneysworth due to horndous ques especially for rides like Avelanche, Nickelodeon Streak and The Bign One. You need to be there all day to get your moneysworth if you get an adult wristband.

Written on: 18/07/2013

To be honest, most people do stay in theme parks all day once they have paid for entry to the park and rides.
You have to expect queues at theme parks, but in my experience the queues at Blackpool Pleasure Beach are considerably smaller than that of other leading theme parks (such as Alton Towers or Thorpe Park).

Read 1 Comment

Asked by monkey115 on 17th June 2014 Report this content
A week ago I bought tickets for the hypnotist show 21/06/14. I have not received an email or the tickets. Does anyone know whether the tickets get sent out by post or if I have to collect them when in Blackpool?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content opeths_ghost Written on: 19/06/2014
Hi, you should have had a confirmation email at least with your booking details. If it is the same as the pleasure beach, you show these details when you arrive for entry. I would contact them by phone.