Derby House www.derbyhouse.co.uk Reviews

Derby House www.derbyhouse.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Derby House www.derbyhouse.co.uk

“Awful”

written by JaniahDavies on 17/12/2022

Don’t bother! Had to open a PayPal dispute to even get my items posted. When they arrived the packaging was dreadful, rug very badly creased and the wraps were very thin. I am not happy with the communication, the packaging or the goods.

“Excellent service ”

written by Brennantj340 on 20/11/2022

Fast delivery, rug fit lovely and great quality, headcollar and lead rope both excellent quality and dog rug was also very nice fit. Highly recommend

“ Absolutely dreadful!!”

written by Dawsonad286 on 22/09/2022

I ordered two different sized turn out rugs from Derby House. I received 1 turn out and the other a stable rug which I did not order! I contacted Derby House and was told I had to return the stable rug(yep get that) and they would send me the turn out rug that I HAD ORDERED. Hassle trying to get a RAN number to send the item back, 3 more emails, eventually managed to send stable rug back via Royal Mail but still NO SIGN of my turn out rug! I contacted them yet again to be told they have received the stable rug back but they are now out of stock of the turn out rug that I ordered weeks ago! I now have to wait 3-5 working days to get a refund back to my credit card, plus the inconvenience of it all, plus the countless phone calls and emails and the promise that they would send me the turn out rug when I first contacted them, of which they did not. Do not use this Company, it is a shambles!They use call centre service, I feel sorry for them because they are doing their best for a rubbish Company.

“Terrible service”

written by AmberandBiscuit on 24/07/2022

Not going to use these again. Ordered a not inexpensive jacket and jodphurs for my daughter. 3-5 working days delivery was promised except 2 weeks later not contacted me, no delivery. Called up on the ridiculous system - had to request 3 call backs because the phone only rings once before they hang up. Told that the order was now in stock and ready to be posted but they couldn't guarantee next day delivery. No apology. There are plenty of other places to buy equestrian goods, I won't use them again.

“Appalling customer service ”

written by Jacobsaq135 on 24/01/2022

Absolutely terrible service. I made an order on 29th November, had an email confirmation to say this would be delivered by 16th December. I only realised it hadn’t arrived on 24th December when wrapping presents, so I called to chase, cut off once but after an hour I got through. Was told one item was out of stock and they were waiting for stock to come back in, and were hopefully of a delivered imminently. Was told they couldn’t dispatch the items in stock separately. Tried to call again on 8th Jan as still no delivery, cut off again so emailed. Finally had a response on 13th Jan to say now other items are out of stock! This business is a complete shambles, no stock control, terrible service, awful policies on not delivering items in stock (or at least saving the items which are in stock until the rest of my order came in). I will never deal with this company again.

“Terrible Customer Service”

written by Citrine66 on 14/02/2017

I ordered some River boots from Derby House on 5 February 2017. Money was immediately taken from my account and confirmation email received. The boots had still not been received by 13 February so I contacted customer service to ask where they were. The customer service rep checked and discovered they had not yet been dispatched but I was promised delivery the next day (14 February). I waited in all morning on the 14th then received a call from the customer service rep at 12.30. She said the boots still hadn’t been dispatched and now they were out of stock so my money would be refunded. The customer service rep I spoke to was great but certainly not impressed by the service from Derby House!

“good service and quality”

written by edna16 on 16/01/2017

i purchased a stable rug that was Derby House make. it was generous on the fitting and good value for money. good response when chatting on their web site and received the rug the next day. very happy with my visit to this site.

“ Rugs that are not waterproof! Terrible customer service”

written by 110Fry on 20/10/2015

I have purchased four turnout rugs described as 'waterproof' all horses were soaked through after one night of light rain!!! When I contacted derby house I was told I would have to send all the rugs back at my cost and that they would then test them all and decide what if anything they were going to do! I also reviews the rug on their website as I was shocked that all the other reviews had five stars... They never published my review!

“The Worst customer service ever!!!!”

written by Grace317 on 13/10/2015

I ordered a pair of the kinpurnie boots and when they arrived they were too small, I ordered what the website said was the correct size, but when I emailed them they stated the sizes were different for this product. I'm not a mind reader but apparently this is still my fault. I emailed back saying I wanted to return them but they said I would have to pay for this, which I'm not prepared to do, so now they've stopped replying to my emails & im stuck with a pair of boots they are too small. AVOID DERBY HOUSE AT ALL COSTS!!!

“Crafty managing of Social Media”

written by Sophiecheeky on 27/03/2015

Purchased Kinpurnie Boots but when they arrived they were MILES too small. Requested return postage was compensated but this was not received. Exchanged for a bigger pair but they 'lost' my exchange in a 'warehouse move' (I gather this is a regular excuse). I had to call them to press for the exchange to be sent out too me (after waiting nearly 3 weeks). My phone bill arrived and the calls to their customer service dept cost £20!!! My polite but firm complaints placed on Facebook and Twitter were deleted, my review of the product was not published. I've been blocked from Tweeting to them again yet I sent 1 polite tweet saying how horrified I was that they use a premium rate phone line for their Customer Service team. Having complained about my phone bill they are "unable to compensate me as there are number of free ways to contact us". Yes there are, but they either delete them or refuse to reply to them. E-mails do seem to be answered but usually with a curt "nothing we can do". Come on Derby House, you can do better than this...

“Shocking customer service”

written by ZaneHays on 23/02/2015

I purchased a pair of Kinpurnie boots (yard/country boots) from them. They arrived in time and though a little on the small side, they did fit. I wore these boots for 3 months during the Winter, back & forth to the yard... our fields are all extremely well drained so minimal mud/water and no mucking out, so zero ammonia damage. However, after just over three months the leather tore away from the sole on one boot only - making them impossible to wear as even walking over damp ground gave wet feet. I very politely contacted them to ask if they might replace or refund the boots since it was only 3 months since purchase. I sent photos of the broken boot. I was told that I have subjected the boots to excessive wear & tear and not looked after them so there was nothing they could do. I complained and they apparently referred my issue to a manager - though I have never received anything in writing from them... only, after chasing them another month down the line, a cursory, badly written and misspelt message through their Facebook page to say that the manager also came to the conclusion of excessive wear & tear. FINAL RESPONSE BELOW: 'Hi Becx, apologies regarding the delay in contacting you although we have recently been in the process of relocating warehouses. Apologies although your images and responses have been passed onto a manager and the outcome is as above. Apologies if this is not the outcome you desire although we are unable to take any further action with your purchase. Upon inspection of the boot from the images you have kindly sent the boots have been subject to excessive wear and tear. Although we fully understand that our products will be thoroughly tested within the industry they do need to be looked after to ensure the longevity of use. Many Thanks The Derby House Team' Conclusion? Crappy quality products and even shittier customer service. NEVER BUY FROM DERBY HOUSE

“Appalling Lack Of Quality & Service - Best Avoided”

written by EasyPleased on 18/02/2015

My wife ordered a pair of boots, ordered a size up(a size 4) to allow a bit of play. When they arrived they were different sizes and neither was a 4, so I followed their returns instructions and................nothing. So now I've paid for a product I don't have, paid for delivery both ways and cannot get them to answer any emails. Reported as fraud to my cc company.

“STILL WAITING”

written by Muhammad206 on 13/12/2014

still waiting for my excerise fleece from the end of september as my horse is clipped and needs it !! but there ok taking my money!!

“they take your money and don't send items out for ages”

written by Jacob362 on 21/11/2014

bought some boots from them, took over 6 weeks to send after happily taking my money straight away, ignored my messages ect, when boots arrived they were dirty and scratched as if already been worn - disgusting

“Still waiting for my refund :-(”

written by on 15/11/2014

Very disappointed with Derby House. Sent some boots back over a month ago and there's still no sign of my refund. Called customer service who told me my money had been credited to my Derby House account. I said I wanted the money back on the card I had used for payment which they agreed to action straight away. 2 weeks on and still no refund. Subsequent e-mail to customer service has been totally ignored. Really would not recommend buying from this company.

“Leaky rugs”

written by daisalph on 07/11/2014

I bought two identical waterproof lightweight turnout rugs from this company - own make. Neither were waterproof - the horses were wet through. I sent them back, according to their instructions. They wrote back saying that they had found one of them to be faulty on testing. The other one was not faulty they said. They are therefore offering me a refund on one rug and sending the other back to me. How ridiculous is that? The very fact that they found one faulty surely suggests there's a good chance that there is a problem with the batch and that the customer should have the benefit of the doubt? I managed to get through to the customer services manager and politely put this point across but she was adamant that only one rug was 'faulty' and that I should not get a refund. I am not giving up on this. Next step?

Daisalph's Response to daisalph's Review

Written on: 28/11/2014

To be fair to Derby House, they did eventually capitulate and refunded for both rugs. Bit of a struggle but they did the decent thing.

“Pleasantly surprised at the excellent service!”

written by on 18/07/2014

After reading all the bad reviews after I had placed my order, I really was expecting the worst. However the only negative comment I can make is that I didn't receive a confirmation email after placing the order which is why I haven't given 5 stars. Everything else I am completely happy with. I received an email informing me that my order had been despatched, 5 days after placing the order. To my surprise it arrived the next day even though I hadn't paid for next day delivery. So all in all I can only say that I had an excellent service.

“Fab service!”

written by on 15/06/2014

I was rug hunting earlier this and came across deny house, after reading the reviews I was apprehensive abour ordering. I'm the end I took a chance and bought a £90 rug for £30 in the sale. The price was excellent for a rug of such quality! The rug was delivered within a few days of ordering and was perfect. It exceeded my expectations. Bargain price, quick delivery and excellent service! What more can you ask for? The rug was true to it's sizing, excellent quality and my pony loved it! The rip stop material is amazing. The buckles making rugging up a quick and easy job. The rug keeps my mare dry and warm and was just what I needed. The filling is just right, not to hot not to cold. The tweed colouring makes the rug look expensive and makes my pony stand out in the paddocks. I will defiantly be ordering from derby house again! Thank you for a brilliant purchase!

“They've got 1 star as there isn't an option for 0”

written by rwBolton159 on 05/06/2014

I placed an order with Derby House in January 2014. It is now June and I’m still chasing a resolution. Despite the item being marked as in stock the order took over 2 months to turn up. I called and emailed over 10 times and was met with responses to say it would be in stock and dispatched soon. I was then told my order had been delivered, it had not and none of my neighbours had seen the package. When I next called I was told it was still waiting to be dispatched, I then asked for a refund and was told I couldn’t have one as it had now been dispatched. After finally speaking to a manager they said they’d investigate. Two weeks later my order turned up and was not the size I ordered. It had the right size on the tag but not on the label attached to the item and was far too small. I have since been chasing asking for them to collect the item as they promised and give me a refund. It’s now June and there’s no end in sight. I will never order from them again. The service was shocking and the staff extremely rude. On one occasion I was told I’d get a call back within 24 hours so I asked if I should call directly if I hadn’t received a call by 3.30 the next day. The girl responded with “if you want to get pacific it’s 3.34” I fought the urge to correct her to specific and just settled with telling her how rude she was. Please don’t order from them. It’s just not worth the hassle.

Wendyd's Comment

Written on: 15/12/2014

I've had a similar experience- I ordered boots for my daughter for Christmas- it said dispatched in 2- 6 days. What they actually meant was it was dispatched by the supplier to them in this time, then they still had to dispatch to me! Utterly ridiculous.
Now they won;t arrive in time so I have to start shopping all over again.

I really hope they don't mess me around on the refund!

“The Worst!!”

written by on 15/05/2014

Ordered from them nearly two months ago, didn't get a confirmation email first of all. Called after a few weeks when I still hadn't heard anything about the order, apart from the fact that they had taken the money from my bank account four days later. Called them a few weeks later and they said the item was out of stock (which they didn't let me know about and wouldn't have if I hadn't called them) and they would give me a refund (which they also probably wouldn't have let me know about). Called last week and they promised to get it done the next day. I still haven't received my refund. I called them today and they said there had been a delay and they would get it sorted soon and send me a confirmation email tomorrow. Hoping that happens this time. Very disappointed with this horrible service. Would not recommend them to anyone!