Holidays Uncovered, www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk Reviews

Summary

Compare Holidays Uncovered review, find the best Travel Web Sites here at Review Centre we have many Holidays Uncovered reviews so you can compare www.holidaysuncovered.com with many other Travel Websites. Have you experienced Holidays Uncovered? Why not write your own review...
Holidays Uncovered, www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Park Dean Newquay ”

Written on: 15/04/2022 by QuintinPowers489 (1 review written)

Dear Sir/Madam I would like to share with you my holiday experience at Park Dean Newquay. Like most people ,we had an holiday in England this year. We looked at what everyone had to offer and chose you. I am a full time Wheelchair User, Spinal Cord C5/6 (Paralyzed From The Chest Downwards). You seem to offer a holiday that would suit my needs with your adaptive caravan. Going on holiday is a military operation, we have to plan extensively, so at the time of booking I asked all the questions I needed to ask and Was told that the holiday was “Was Fit For Purpose”. We were told that on arrival that our caravan would be available from 4pm. When we went to unload our luggage,, our caravan had not been cleaned. We returned at 5.30 pm and the cleaners were just leaving and said that we could move in. On entry, we were upset because the caravan was still very dirty and the Manager ordered a reclean. Caravan very dirty and worn, even public hairs in the shower tray, basin and toilet. I use a portable hoist and on at least three occasions I rang to check that the caravan bed could accommodate the hoist and was told no problem. When checking the bed, it was a standard bed in a “accessible” caravan. The Manager sent a handyman to adapt the bed, so the bed and hoist could put me to bed and get me up again. The TV only had two channels, once again the handyman came back but could not do anything with it. It was a very expensive caravan, it was sited at the very top of the park, making it really difficult to get up and down in my wheelchair. The club house restaurant served dried pizza ect. In cardboard boxes. Not my idea of a restaurant. Swimming was very restricted, even closed for lunch and sometimes didn't reopen that day. Night entertainment was really poor and on three occasions closed at 10.30pm. The security guard even put chains on the fire doors. I do have photos of all the problems. Park Dean was/is not fit for purpose, check the Watch Dog reports on YouTube. Ps. I could not even go and voice my concerns, has the Reception Door was not wide enough and there was a bar at the bottom of the door, so could not have got in anyway. If you want a lovely holiday, maybe give Park Dean a miss. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.”

“Due to travel 19th April but holiday was cancelled...”

Written on: 18/04/2020 by AnandaNagle (1 review written)

Due to travel 19th April but holiday was cancelled promised refund within 14 days that was 11 days ago. They still haven’t contacted me I spent 15 hours on the phone in total trying to sort it out. There are 14.6K people all in the same boat in one group on Facebook. I rang again after an email arrived asking me to check my holiday checklist ready to go. I got through on 4th attempt waited an2 more hours to be told sorry we didn’t fill the form in but now we don’t know when we can refund you as a huge backlog followed up for some people with an email two weeks later only offering a credit voucher which can later be exchanged possibly for cash this is rubbish and against the law give me my money back TUI

“AVOID OLYMPIA 1 VILLA BUKETI HISARONU”

Written on: 11/08/2019

We have stayed in Hisaronu for 10 years and never experienced anything like this. Booked April 2019, Stayed their June to mid July. Was Not the apartment we booked from seeing the pictures on site, The Owner Intentionally, purposely misrepresented the apartment with the wrong pictures, promised one thing but delivered another. It was substandard not fit to stay in, No Curtains in bedroom had to sleep on settees in lounge for a week, Blinds with missimg parts, No microwave when we arrived the one they gave us was rusty, No Toaster when we arrived got us a broken rusty one we refused, Hob did not work, No tin opener,No scissors, No small pans, All furniture old, falling to bits, no tea towel's the list go's on and on. We could not find anywhere to move to for the 36days left of our stay, without too many steps, I have Arthritis of the spine and hips, so we had no other option but to stay. At the end of July after our complaint he has changed the pictures on ALL sites, and done a makeover, and taken the dangerous aircon out of the lounge, so from what i can see their is No aircon in the upstaris rooms Lounge/kitchen BUT IT IS WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE THAT'S THE BIG PROBLEM. Bad smell, Rust, Damp, Mould extremely dangerous Mould Spores our bags, shoes, cloths and suitcases got covered in mould . One very dark Bedroom damp. Gardens are not looked after, Not like pictures on site. 8 sunbeds 4 umbrellas for 8 Duplex apartments. Location good. Locality, Their is large Rubbish Bins and tipping land at other side of the wall near the pool. Site states Bus stop outside apartments. NOT TRUE. If you Value your health do not stay at this apartment Owner Compulsive Liar.

“owners direct property number c3680”

Written on: 23/08/2011

this property was nothing like in picture ,different furniture ,think the pics were took of another property ,i booked this villa thinking it was spotless as daughter has ashma.but the owners had builders in the night before i arrived,dust ,dirt you name it ,no sunloungers ,i had to lie on floor tiles to sunbathe ,wen i complained they got me 2 sunloungers n 1 one broken one .wher the washing machine was in a cupboard was full of tools ,could hadly get into it,n owners said washing machine wasnt in deal,even tho in villa lol,i was their 2 weeks n i sent them a text asking when sheets be changed ,they turned up 2 nights before i came home ,pool was always dirty ,hardly cleaned it ,i even had to clean up mess from builders dirt n dust because my daughter has ashma ,which i had already explained to owners ,i loved the area ,but they have copied someone else property details ,which is false advertisement ,and shouldnt be allowed ,the numbers of other property are c357,c3813 the bedrooms are alike and colour theme ,this was in fuerteventura jandia ,these owners have no idea how to clean ,change beds ,or clean pool this was a villa with 2 apartments ,and they were family below us ,who feel the same as me and will be writing a review to ,just to warn others .

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2012

I totally agree with the comments made on this Villa, beware if you are thinking of booking it is not all as it would seem. Very poor service from the owner/manager I would say new to the business. Don't waste your money there are much more pleasant places in Jandia for renting.

Read 1 Comment

“We haven't been abroad before so didn't really know...”

Written on: 10/04/2011 by PeterWard1970 (1 review written)

We haven't been abroad before so didn't really know the procedure for ourselves, only what friends told us, and one of our friends recommended using a company called Ola. We browsed the internet and found this company had some good, and some bad reviews but we thought we would give m a try. Anyway we decided to book online for an all inclusive package to Sharm el Sheikh, we thought we'd treat ourselves proper. We weren't disappointed, the hotel was exactly as described except perhaps better, we think it would easy up to a 5* instead of a 4*, brilliant hotel, the Melia Sinai. The only problem wasn't Ola's fault, it was the bloomin shark attacks in December, put us off going in the sea, well how could anyone predict that? Apart from that everything was great

“hotel costa calletta fuerteventura soup/cerial dishes...”

Written on: 19/03/2011

hotel costa calletta fuerteventura soup/cerial dishes were broken plates sauces & cup were chipped/cracked & dirty.I had diahrea for 3 days. Not enough seats in bar/restarunt not enougth sun beds,If you wanted tea or coffee you had to use plastic cup. ROOMS were thery clean. towels needed replacing as they were verry thin, lift brok on sunday & did not get fixed whilst tuesday, would not recomend this hotel as waiters where ignorant they took plates away before you had finished your meals. would have liked to know about dinning facilitys before we set off

“We stayed at the Hotel Ilios in Zante in August 2010...”

Written on: 19/01/2011

We stayed at the Hotel Ilios in Zante in August 2010 (my husband, daughter and grandaughter)for one week and were very pleased with this holiday. This beimg our second visit to this hotel. The apartmemt was lovely, the views fantastic. This was a very relaxing holiday for all of us. We also found the apartment was ideally situated for restaurants and bars and entertainnment. Particularly, the restaurant up in the hills with fantastic views over Zante and excellent Greek musicians.

The only problem was that halfway through the week, we were invaded by a coach-load of 18 plus visitors which was mayhem and spoilt the "family atmosphere".

Eileen Roberts
C/o e-mail: [email protected]

“sorry but the decor was dreadfull drab nothing...”

Written on: 15/01/2011

sorry but the decor was dreadfull drab nothing inspiring at al it made me feel depressed from the lesiure areas to the tiny twin room i shared.but no fault at all whats so ever in the staff they were lovley.. and the food also the entertainment for new years eve was very very good ...our room was so poorly lit we couldnt see to apply make up unless we went into steamy bath room which was inconvient as we were for ever wiping the mirror to see..for a four star hotel i would expect to have a exceptional interior surrounding...the impression was so out of date and lacked the wow facor of a four star hotel....not impressed with the colours or style at all.

“I WENT ON THE THOMSON CRUISE SHIP CELERBRATION FOR ONE...”

Written on: 14/01/2011

I WENT ON THE THOMSON CRUISE SHIP CELERBRATION FOR ONE WEEK ON DECEMBER 2ND.WE FOUND THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS POOR,FOOD WAS MODERATE AND THE SHIP WAS NOISIE ALSO FELT LIKE YOU WERE SHUDDERING ALL THE TIME EVERWHERE.TOWELLS AND BED LINEN HAD SEEN BETTER DAYS.ON OUR LAST DAY OUR MOBILE WAS STOLEN WHILE IT WAS CHARGINGUP IN OUR LOCKED CABIN.WE REPORTED IT IMEDIATLY TOO RECEPTION,BUT THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED.EMAILED HEAD OFFICE SAME DAY TOLD TO WAIT 28 DAYS BEFORE ANY THING COULD BE DONE.BUT WE HAD TO CONTACT THEM AFTER WAITING 32 DAYS STILL NO SATISFACTION.WARNING TOO OTHERS....THE SMITHS.

“Ola Holidays, Absolute nightmare, I booked and paid in...”

Written on: 25/11/2010 by martinja1 (7 reviews written)

Ola Holidays, Absolute nightmare, I booked and paid in full using visa credit card in May 2010 for all inclusive to Turkey. Ola Holidays took my payment then in July notified me that my flight (Ola Holiday had booked) had gone bust. Ola Holidays offered me an alternative flight for £400.00 extra, I declined this offer. I requested a full refund in July 2010, this is now towards the end of November 2010 and I have still not received any of my money refunded. I have complained to ABTA, ATOL and Barclaycard and have had minimal to no assistance from any of these. I have raised complaints with ABTA and Barclaycard, still no joy and no refund. BEWARE - AVOID OLA HOLIDAYS. Ola Holidays customer aftercare is Rubbish.

“We are a family with two boys aged 14 and 11. We...”

Written on: 13/08/2010

We are a family with two boys aged 14 and 11. We stayed at the Caribbean World Resort in Skannes, Tunisia. Looked nice enough in the brochure and fairly close to Monastir Airport. The resort itself was clean but that is where the positives finished. The rooms were very dated and poorly maintained, very small fridge and a serious lack of air conditioning.
The towels were changed daily but they were very old. The pools in the complex were OK, one was a salt water pool and the other chlorinated.
The beach was only about 6 foot wide however there was a beach bit about half the size of a football pitch but it lacked sun-beds.
The staff were very unhelpful and although it was advertised as 5 a la carte restaurants we could only manage to get into one on the second week due to the block booking system of Russian families.
When we did book, the staff at the hotel booked it for the day we asked for however on returning to the restaurant on our agreed day, we were told we couldn't eat there as we had no booking. On investigation the staff at reception had changed the day and not told us.
The buffet food was very poor, the whole experience is like a cattle market, there is no waiter service, the tables don't get cleared enough and the children's menu is pizza and chips every night.
The juice was awful, the beer warm, the wine very sweet and the amount of times there was not enough glasses was unbelievable.
The weather was good as expected in the Med, the travel rep was not that helpful and did nothing beyond what you would expect. I didn't want this to sound so negative but this is definitely not a 3 star plus resort, its a one at best. The staff on the plane were very nice and the taxi transfer was good. The simply Sahara Experience was fab although a little gruelling on such a cramped coach! 1 Star from us, would not recommend the resort and would probably not go back.

“Have just returned from the riu olivia beach hotel and...”

Written on: 13/08/2010

Have just returned from the riu olivia beach hotel and felt really dissappointed was not a 4* it was very shabby even the steps to our room were loose and broken I would not recommend this to my worst enemy. We had cockroaches in our room even climbing the walls, the bathroom floor flooded when you had a shower from round the bidet. To make matters worse we had a meal at the al l carte resturant and the glasses then wine was in were all chipped l mean chipped you could have poured wine into the glass and got a splinter of glass in your drink. To make matters worse there was an awful smell of sewerge all around the hotel you had to hold your breath
walking from the hotel to the annexes, this must be very unhealthy. Also when we arrived we were put in the annexe even though we though we would be in the main hotel especially as we booked this hotel 9 months previous,
we were told we could get a room in the hotel if we paid more money which we were not prepared to do. The meals were the same every day nearly every meal time it was catered for the Germans mainly. The pool steps were very dangerous over the annexe side, one had a dig chuck out of it. The entertainment was poor and to top everything this hotel is being pulled down in 5 years time I think they best make this alot sooner.

“My husband, my 14 year old daughter and myself have...”

Written on: 24/07/2010 by greece fanatic n ireland (1 review written)

My husband, my 14 year old daughter and myself have just returned for the 2nd year running, from Agios Nicholaos in Crete where we again stayed at the Lato Hotel near Ammoudi beach. We couldnt have asked for better once again from George and his very welcoming and extremely friendly and helpful staff who treated us like family returning home. The Lato is a small, comfortable hotel with a very laid back atmosphere where the guests are often annual visitors who choose to return again and again as we intend to. You just don't experience the friendliness and kindness of people like the 2 Georges, Vangelis, Yannis, Janette and the 2 breakfast/cleaning ladies in any big hotel. They are a small hard working team whose only objective is to ensure everyone enjoys themselves. Great tavernas in the immediate area include Avra, Piato and Kri Kri and for lunch at the beach The Dolphin taverna where Nico and Pablo make you so welcome. Just next door to the Lato is a car hire where Sandy will sort you out with a car at a very reasonable price. Thank you George and the team, keep up the great work and we look forward to visiting the Lato again in the future.

“This company spoiled our holiday. we were dropped off...”

Written on: 07/07/2010

This company spoiled our holiday. we were dropped off at the wrong hotel in vancover with all our luggage and two small children. when i phoned the office, the manager refused to speak with me and refused to arrange a taxi to transport us a short distance along the street.
choose anothe RV rental company!

“This camp site was fantastic. There is everything you...”

Written on: 28/06/2010

This camp site was fantastic. There is everything you need on site. The caravans were great, everything was clean and tidy. The staff on site were very friendly and helpful. the kids entertainment was spot on, the staff had so much energy. Loved it here

“We were impressed with the Sol Ibiza hotel,lovely room...”

Written on: 27/06/2010

We were impressed with the Sol Ibiza hotel,lovely room with sea-view,excellent food with huge choice.Great pool and gardens for sun-bathing. Liked the location- a very pleasant 15 min stroll to centre along the promenade.
We really liked Santa Eulalia and its access to local transport,bus and boat.
Rachael was a very helpful rep. Had a great relaxing holiday!

“I am writing to strongly recommend Hotel della Baia. ”

Written on: 12/05/2010 by Jonathan Hewitt (1 review written)

I am writing to strongly recommend Hotel della Baia.

I have been staying there on and off for over 40 years. The quality never falls below excellent. The welcome we receive every time is like coming home. The food and service are always marvellous, as is the wide collection of local and Italian wines. It is here that my family has learned to love our glass of "prosecco" before dinner. The beach is unbeatable. Naples, Positano, Herculanum and Monte Cassino are all an easy drive away, and Capri just a boatride from Naples.

It is not a large hotel, and with its peaceful verandah looking out over the large grassy garden and path to the beach, it is just the place to spend a relaxed and peaceful holiday, with the sort of service which sadly went out of style elsewhere years ago.

Jonathan Hewitt
Valdelagua 78
San Agust n del Guadalix
28750 Madrid
Spain

“We just had the worst experiance of a so call cruise...”

Written on: 29/03/2010

We just had the worst experiance of a so call cruise on the Costa Allegra.
(1) It was a ripp off, (2) at least Dick Turpin wore a mask,(3) The food was always serve cold. (4) The added charges was harendas.(5) There was no entertainment of any qualaty what so ever. (6) THE STATE ROOMS ARE IN ONE HELL OF A STATE. The ship can be class as an over class ferry. The plubming leave a lot to be desire when you shower, you shower in a brown soop of water(7)We were always having problems with the TOILET BACKING UP that give cose for concern. (8) THE STAFF ON THE SHIP WAS VERY POLITE AND HELPFULL IN EVERY WAY. So be warne the ship has had it's best day behind it,and it was the worst fourteen days that we have ever experiance on a cruise. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNE. Dont do it.

“A good way to get an unbiased opinion on a hotel or...”

Written on: 06/03/2010

A good way to get an unbiased opinion on a hotel or resort, after all the travel agent or tour company are not going to slate either as they want us to book up!

“I did not find this site too easy to use at first...”

Written on: 10/03/2008 by fyc (1 review written)

I did not find this site too easy to use at first however it does get easier.
The information is quite useful when booking a holiday somewhere but not all the places are on the site. The main resorts are covered with usually several reviews on each accommodation. Most of the resorts covered are your usual suspects. The info is quite useful and can help you to make decisions about your next holiday. Well recommend Holidays Uncovered.