Braefel Inn, Newquay Reviews

• Quality of food

Braefel Inn, Newquay - Ask a question now

“Fantasic”

Written on: 02/09/2012

I had a really nice meal and stay here. Couldn't fault it at all. My husband is a chef and he is very hard to please, but he was very happy with food and service… Read Full Review

“Terrible food - and they know it.”

Written on: 02/06/2012

We're camping at local campsite and having driven past the Braefel a couple of times we decided to give it a shot. Place wasn't that busy, and we were seen to by friendly staff. My wife ordered the £20 fillet (medium well - which should be a crime itself, but she's the boss), I ordered the rib eye rare, my 7 yr old son ordered a cod and chips from the kids menu and my 4 yr old daughter ordered sausage and chips. The food came out within 20 ish mins; tiny steaks, with burned char marks on… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2012

There will always be one or two customers who seem unhappy with the food or with the service, and unfortunately they seem the kind of people who are motivated to put very distorted and exaggerated reviews on sites such as this. The hundreds of customers who compliment us obviously do not feel the same compulsion, which begs the question how useful or balanced are a selection of views that represent one customer in thousands.
One customer recently left us a note as they left, it read:

I would like to say that we are local, on the way back to Bodmin. We stopped for some food. The staff were helpfull (sic) friendly efficient, the food fresh, tasty and plenty. Well done 5 stars many thanks

John123B's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2014

me and my wife went there last week about 8pm the place was very clean but only a handful of people in there.we both ordered steaks and the service was very quick.The food was nice and we had no complaints

Read 2 Comments

“Overpriced food and rude staff means I won't be eating...”

Written on: 14/08/2011 by Christofurr (1 review written)

On good memories of a previous years visit, I recommended this restaurant to my family as a thank you to my parents for an enjoyable holiday, and an 'end of holiday treat'. I remembered the menu being expensive, but the food of good quality. Upon entering the restaurant, despite not booking a table on a friday night, we were seated within 15 minutes which i was initially pleased with, although after waiting a further 15 minutes before we were seen by a waiter it became apparent to me that they… Read Full Review

Mickc51's Response to Christofurr's Review

Written on: 30/06/2012

There is always two sides to every story. I was called over to the restaurant to deal with a customer who was dealing quite forcefully with a complaint. First of all I am not the manager, we do not have one, we are a family run business with very hard working staff. I absolutely object to the description of me as uncaring. I went over with an open mind and tried to get views from all sides, which included unsolicited opinions from other customers who found the whole episode farcical. First of all and most importantly, the young lady was not injured in the slightest, I politely took a photograph of her hand for the accident book. There was not a single discernible mark, I have personally witnessed my own child suffering a scald and believe me this customers hand was NOT scalded. The man who was bullying the staff (in my opinion) and who I assume was the young lady's father, seemed more interested in getting money knocked off the bill for food that was eaten. He also demonstrated complete ignorance of what it is like to run a seasonal business when he came out with an insulting statement " the money you must make here" which made me question his priorities. It was a very busy night and ALL the other customers that night were very happy with the food and the service.

Read 1 Comment

“they told us we had a 45 minute wait 2 hours later we...”

Written on: 18/08/2010

they told us we had a 45 minute wait 2 hours later we were finally seated not good when you have 2 hungry bored children!!! food was good though. also the pub was too small to meet the demands of the people wanting to eat there and it was very cramped the quality and quantity of the food and the range on the menu was excellent though i would advise pre booking a table which is what i'll be doing next time!… Read Full Review

“Best steak we had in a long time. They were very busy...”

Written on: 24/10/2009

Best steak we had in a long time. They were very busy but we still didn't wait too lng for our food. Great for relaxed dining. Very good for families with kids and larger groups… Read Full Review

“the service and the food was fantastic ”

Written on: 10/10/2009

the service and the food was fantastic… Read Full Review

“Braefel Inn - My husband, me and our two children...”

Written on: 27/09/2004 by T Whitehouse (1 review written)

Braefel Inn - My husband, me and our two children visited this restaurant twice during our one week stay in Perran Sands Caravan park. Our first visit impressed us so much we returned on the final evening of our holiday.

We had to wait quite a long time for our meal on our first visit, but we were informed before we were seated that this may be the case. Wow, you wouldn't believe the size of the meals. We were so glad we didn't have a starter.

We all enjoyed our meals on both occasions… Read Full Review