Grundig Opus Reviews

Grundig Opus - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Grundig Opus

“Downloading Instructions”

written by Baldwingq418 on 01/09/2016

Is it possible to download instructions for the above radio

“I am very disappointed with the reception of Grundig...”

written by on 24/11/2009

I am very disappointed with the reception of Grundig Opus digital radio;
there is no facility to attach an aerial line in.
Unless you have excellent digital signal in your area, I suggest you check it will receive, or ask the shop if they will refund if it won't before you buy.
It really struggles to find a signal in my area, when other cheap, portable digital radios do perfectly well. I wonder if my unit is faulty it is so bad (but I do not think this is the case); I have not had the opportunity to compare it to the same model.
When I can get a signal, many stations (including bbc) that I would like to use are not picked up by it; including most of the stations that I am supposed to be able to receive. Often reception fades out.

I am lucky if I can get a signal anywhere in the house, with the Grundig Opus; usually only the landing or front bedroom windowsill, and more often than not, none at all.
I have checked the digital radio signal strength for my area and it should be adequate.
The digital signal strength sufficient that I can receive freeview on a standard aerial, mounted in the loft. The signal strength is not brilliant; but neither is it atrocious.

I received my Grundig Opus as a present - it has been virtually useless, which is a shame, as apart from the reception problem it is a nice radio with good stereo sound.

“after having my Grundig Opus radio for about two years...”

written by on 28/08/2009

after having my Grundig Opus radio for about two years the LCD display began to work intermittently for a day or so after which it stopped working altogether. I can now just use presets, otherwise I don't know which station is on. Aug 2009. Happy with everything else but would not by this make again.

“For the price it is excellent, looks ok, sound quality...”

written by ridgewalkuk on 03/01/2005

For the price it is excellent, looks ok, sound quality is good (and it's stereo unlike other cheap models), great reception and it is easy to use. Scrolling text is bright and clear, what more could you ask for at a cheap price?

“About the size of a large house brick, the Grundig...”

written by the thespian on 24/09/2004

About the size of a large house brick, the Grundig Opus Opus has two speakers, and automatic tuning via a set of buttons on the front. There is a 2-line scrolling LCD display which tells you which channel you're tuned to.
After about 6 months, the LCD on my set stopped working, which made it difficult to know which programme you were listening to. Took it back to the shop and they swapped it for a new one.
Sound quality is reasonable, but with occasional distortion - not sure why, as the radio is never moved.
All in all, not bad for the price - around 50-60ukp at the moment.

The Thespian's Response to the thespian's Review

Written on: 08/03/2005

Since my last review, the replacement unit's LCD also failed - I swapped it for a Pure and have had no problems since.
<br>I would definitely downgrade my previous rating to a 'not buy'
<br>The thespian

Brigaf's Response to the thespian's Review

Written on: 14/06/2006

the lcd on mine stopped working two weeks before the guarantee ran out.