Sony PSP Reviews

• Graphics

• Range Of Games

Summary

Sony's PSP or PlayStation Portable to give it its full name is promising to be one of the biggest consoles this year along with the Nintendo DS. Read reviews to decide which handheld console you need to buy this year. We also offer the opportunity to read and write Sony PSP Game Reviews. If you've used this console, please write a PSP review.

Sony PSP - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony PSP

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“ The Sony PSP is nice to have if you you are doing...”

Written on: 09/05/2009 by tractor lad (28 reviews written)

The Sony PSP is nice to have if you you are doing long bus/train journeys, they have a good batterylife and can be turned on and off quickly. Psps also fit snugly in pockets etc. as they are so small. What I have found with mine, where it gets carried about, the screen seems very easy to mark… Read Full Review

“Overall, console is OK but requires a lot of work to...”

Written on: 02/08/2008

Overall, console is OK but requires a lot of work to compete with others such as the xbox 360 and he Nintendo wii… Read Full Review

“Awesome graphics. When I saw the Sony PSP first time,...”

Written on: 18/08/2007 by saikou7 (1 review written)

Awesome graphics. When I saw the Sony PSP first time, it was good. The colors on the screen look so life-like… Read Full Review

“It OK for me. Compact and and support for everywhere I...”

Written on: 10/04/2007 by wihok (1 review written)

It OK for me. Compact and and support for everywhere I want to play.

“Forgive me if I am not as "woosey" about mine as some...”

Written on: 14/10/2006 by jadedshade (9 reviews written)

Forgive me if I am not as "woosey" about mine as some people, but the simple fact is: It's just not the hand held PS2 we were all expecting.

However, the Sony PSP system does offer a high standard of portable gaming, and the games are generally quite pleasing to the eye.

The absence of a second analogue stick makes controlling characters in some games awkward and difficult. Of course, some of the responsibility does fall back on the game developer.

A great example of this awkwardness is in… Read Full Review

Stevetc's Response to jadedshade's Review

Written on: 19/12/2007

I disagree you can't compare a home based console with a handheld machine. You're not going to get the same experience. Sony have done an excellent job of beating Nintendo at their own game who have dominated hand helds for many years.

Jadedshade's Response to jadedshade's Review

Written on: 24/12/2007

I don't really understand why you disagree with my review based on the fact I said it isn't the handheld PS2 we were told it was going to be in the beginning.
<br/>I still gave it a good review and I think it's a good system. Perhaps Sony didn't quite manage a handheld PS2 but they still did a good job, that is overall opinion.

Read 2 Comments

“I got a Sony PSP as a Christmas present last year. I...”

Written on: 01/06/2006 by alialiali (9 reviews written)

I got a Sony PSP as a Christmas present last year. I was so excited, I loved my Playstation and Playstation 2 when I got them and I like to spend a few hours just chilling with a game. BUT almost straight away I found a fault. Maybe I'm just picky but I like to have a lot of light playing my game, and I was forever twisting around trying to find a decent amount to actually see the game. The screen is small and I always want to "push" the sides away so I can see a bit more. I know you can change… Read Full Review

“When I first heard that Sony was coming out with a...”

Written on: 25/03/2005 by SamusAran551 (38 reviews written)

When I first heard that Sony was coming out with a handheld (Sony PSP), I fell on the floor laughing. I figured they'd screw it up, like they do with most of their systems. I was wrong. It isn't the best system ever, but it is pretty cool. It has a analog stick, which is new for a handheld. And the graphics are even better than the DS by a little. There are a few things I don't like about the system, however. There aren't enough good games out there. I don't like playing sport games, so the… Read Full Review

Jonno's Response to SamusAran551's Review

Written on: 29/03/2005

Hi, i agree with most of your points, but what do you mean by a lack of games? There are tons of games out at the moment, the largest launch lineup i have seen. Some games I recommend (not sports games) for the PSP include:
<br>-Lumines (puzzle)
<br>-Ape Escape
<br>-Metal Gear Acid
<br>-Darkstalkers Chronicle
<br>-Untold Legends
<br>All the above are availible from the USA PSP launch, which if you ask me is a very good lineup, considering I have missed out all the sports games, including World Tour Soccer and THUG2.
<br>
<br>Upcoming games which look good include:
<br>-Coded Arms (FPS)
<br>-Mercury
<br>-GTA working title
<br>-Gran Turismo 4 Mobile

Jonno's Response to SamusAran551's Review

Written on: 04/04/2005

Yes, I agree with your points. I myself am not a sports games fan and I agree that there are far too many sports games for the PSP.
<br>I have played the S-M game for it as well and I agree that it isn't very good either. I am just trying to argue against your point where you say there aren't many games for it, when there are.

Samusaran551's Response to SamusAran551's Review

Written on: 02/04/2005

I said there weren't enough games for it, and too many sports games. I played the Spider-Man game, the Ape Escape game, Lumines, and Untold Legends (which is ok) and they weren't my style. I am a HUGE Spider-Man fan, but the PSP S-M game is not very good. Anyway, I said that I didn't like the games, not that they were bad.

Read 3 Comments

“My opinion on the Sony PSP is that, overall everyone...”

Written on: 04/03/2005 by rhino an (1 review written)

My opinion on the Sony PSP is that, overall everyone should have one, despite the lack of battery life. Its not PS2 graphics though its like PS1 and a half… Read Full Review

Humperdingle's Response to 184570_rhino an's Review

Written on: 25/04/2005

2 and a half hours? Mine lasts for 5 hours at least playing games, dude.

214616_Jambo90's Response to 184570_rhino an's Review

Written on: 22/10/2005

Your off you're head it, doesn't last for 2 and a half hours more like 6.

Read 2 Comments