Sony PSP Reviews

• Graphics

• Range Of Games

Summary

Sony's PSP or PlayStation Portable to give it its full name is promising to be one of the biggest consoles this year along with the Nintendo DS. Read reviews to decide which handheld console you need to buy this year. We also offer the opportunity to read and write Sony PSP Game Reviews. If you've used this console, please write a PSP review.

Sony PSP - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony PSP

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“My son really enjoyed playing on his psp, was easy to...”

Written on: 18/04/2008 by beth joshua (1 review written)

My son really enjoyed playing on his psp, was easy to carry around and was able to buy good games.
Only brought in December and already broke. Buttons keep sticking, unable to play games. Two of his freinds have had the same problem. Why? I do not recommend Sony PSP because of this… Read Full Review

“Now I know this probably sounds a bit sad but I only...”

Written on: 30/12/2006 by thecomplainer (1 review written)

Now I know this probably sounds a bit sad but I only got the PSP a few days ago and at first I was really excited about it but once I used it I found that I wasn't really that impressed with it. I mean there's hardly any games on it, the battery life is only 4 hours, there's only one analogue stick and it's nothing like what I expected. I really am not impressed with it at all and I think that Sony has gone way out of its league this time… Read Full Review

Stevetc's Response to 272489_thecomplainer's Review

Written on: 19/12/2007

I read your review with a smile on my face and wondered to myself 'why on earth did you buy the PSP to begin with' because all your negative points are readily available out there.

Read 1 Comment

“The Sony PSP is not a good buy if you want value for...”

Written on: 05/05/2006 by jim (5 reviews written)

The Sony PSP is not a good buy if you want value for money and honestly how much are you gonna wanna play portable games anyway. If you travel a lot this ones for you. Also memory sticks are way overpriced… Read Full Review

Shane11's Response to jim's Review

Written on: 08/05/2006

Now first of all. You said your analog stick broke in three days. You were probably just shuving it around to hard. It is very delicate. Secondly, memory cards are expensieve but look at ps2 memory cards also when they first came out it cost like 30 dollars. AND it didn't hold music, photos, and videos did it. Plus me and alot of other people play it at home. I play it every single day at my house. SO it is a good buy.

Shane11's Response to jim's Review

Written on: 08/05/2006

*I meant it broke in 9 days

Read 2 Comments

“The Sony PSP sucks! The giga pack breaks too easily,...”

Written on: 22/01/2006 by elgecho (1 review written)

The Sony PSP sucks! The giga pack breaks too easily, and they won't let me return it. I wouldn't recommend you buy it!… Read Full Review

“My GOD.. QUIT USING THE GRAPHICS AS THE MAIN...”

Written on: 20/01/2006 by metalfae (1 review written)

My GOD.. QUIT USING THE GRAPHICS AS THE MAIN FACTOR!!!! I would like to think there are still some people who aren't graphics hooches or casuals!

I got a Sony PSP games console, and now that I have played it, I think that the screen looks awesome, but the rest of the system is not worth the 300 dollars for it... The games aren't all that great, and UMD movies are ridiculous unless you constantly travel, because they are just/as, if not more expensive than a regular DVD that you can play… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to metalfae's Review

Written on: 20/01/2006

metalfae.......sounds like another case of great graphics and lousy gameplay. You'll probably get more satisfaction from a ludo board.
<br>
<br>I read a lot of such criticism lately which is nicely commensurate with my opinion that as technology advances, entertainment value retreats.
<br>
<br>Rather like the Oozlum bird...and you know what happened to that!

Konamiclassic's Response to metalfae's Review

Written on: 21/01/2006

Yes. In experience mine has been that PSP is not worth the money as it comes. If there was more things to be done to it .,.. then would be worth the price.

Capcomfighter666's Response to metalfae's Review

Written on: 21/01/2006

I agree with you on the points you made... I wouldnt have called out the casuals so harshly but as far as the PSP yes it is overrated due to the graphics unless it were cheaper or had more features. Good review!

Read 3 Comments

“The Sony PSP is a big disappointment! The pros and...”

Written on: 14/04/2005 by marmaluke (1 review written)

The Sony PSP is a big disappointment! The pros and cons say it all. I bought 1 from Japan and it had some problems so I thought i'd wait. Get the next one from the states... SAME PROBLEMS, but worse. Get a GBA SP with a movie player-much better, and much cheaper!!… Read Full Review

Humperdingle's Response to marmaluke's Review

Written on: 25/04/2005

jeepers... I have one dead pixel on mine, and you don't even notice it unless you really look hard, and not at all when your playing a game. Battery life is fine...?! 5 hours per charge is good isn't it? Who plays for 5 hours flat out anyway? 2 hours for a full charge too gives you some time to rest ur eyes lol. Everybody I've shown mine to has that dropped jaw look about them after they see wipeout pure in action. That makes it all worth it!

Gooner79's Response to marmaluke's Review

Written on: 30/06/2005

What are you On???? Why would anyone want a SP or a Ds for that matter in stead of a PSP I've had one for 3 Months now no problems at all no scratches but that's down to taking care of it.
<br>
<br>The PSP Is pure Class !
<br>
<br>Still can't believe you suggested a SP LMAO!!!!!!

Read 2 Comments

“There is nothing good about the Sony PSP, the PS2 is...”

Written on: 05/04/2005 by Jeffschaf (1 review written)

There is nothing good about the Sony PSP, the PS2 is much better. In conclusion, the Sony PSP sucks… Read Full Review

191984_Mattyshaw's Response to 187838_Jeffschaf's Review

Written on: 04/05/2005

ok...try carrying your PS2, a TV and a power pack with you on a bus plane car....its meant to be portable

Spyridus's Response to 187838_Jeffschaf's Review

Written on: 25/07/2005

This is regards to Jeffschaf's comments. You didn't even provide hard facts of WHY you didn't like the PSP. I can't believe ur comparing it to the PS2, IT'S A PORTABLE SYSTEM....duh!!! Of course u can't compare it to the PS2, that's like comparing a Gamecube to a Gameboy.

Anon Irisx's Response to 187838_Jeffschaf's Review

Written on: 05/06/2005

How can you even call that a review!?
<br>
<br>Anyone with any sense doesn't rate the PSP like that, no matter how biased they are.

Jonno's Response to 187838_Jeffschaf's Review

Written on: 05/05/2005

Laugh out loud, this review made me laugh.
<br>1, the PSP is a handheld and is not a rival to the PS2. It is much smaller, how can you even compare it? If you asked me, do you think I would say the DS is junk because it is not as good as the Gamecube? Nah, I dont think I would.

Read 4 Comments