Sony PSP Reviews

• Graphics

• Range Of Games

Summary

Sony's PSP or PlayStation Portable to give it its full name is promising to be one of the biggest consoles this year along with the Nintendo DS. Read reviews to decide which handheld console you need to buy this year. We also offer the opportunity to read and write Sony PSP Game Reviews. If you've used this console, please write a PSP review.

Sony PSP - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony PSP

“Great Portable”

written by LindaMicika on 18/06/2020

This is a great portab;le game system and very easy to use.

“legend”

written by Miliaso on 13/09/2018

Everyone knows this game console. I'm still the lucky owner of this device. It's still working! For that time it was a breakthrough in the game world.

“brilliant handheld console”

written by carlomax99 on 08/08/2017

My little boy who has Autism loves playing his psp bought games with it manage to buy cheap from ebay great for taking away on holidays

“My kids are obsessed ”

written by annapot58 on 10/03/2015

My kids got each a PSP for their birthday and they will not stop playing every time they come home from school. I have to hide it for them to do their homework. They love all the games it comes with.

“I am very happy with my purchase, This PSP is awesome...”

written by AndyRageBaby on 22/12/2014

I am very happy with my purchase, This PSP is awesome and so much better than the old Gameboy's that I use to play on, It is glossy black with a slick look to it and great to handle when playing games, the graphics are excellent on the decent sized screen. The games are like mini CD's in little cartages I think this is unusual and adds a good touch. I now have four games I play on this and I am really happy with how responsive the PSP is, all the games play well and are really good with graphics. I give this PSP 4 stars because I feel it is great in every way apart from the price is a bit steep for what it is. The charger is a good length and reaches anywhere when charging and playing in your home, you can also buy add on's like cases and speaker systems to boost the performance of your device I would recommend this product to my friends and family, its a good gift for anyone at any age.

“Good for kids”

written by on 14/03/2013

Good and easy to use, excellent for kids when travelling on long journeys.

“ The Sony PSP is nice to have if you you are doing...”

written by tractor lad on 09/05/2009

The Sony PSP is nice to have if you you are doing long bus/train journeys, they have a good batterylife and can be turned on and off quickly. Psps also fit snugly in pockets etc. as they are so small. What I have found with mine, where it gets carried about, the screen seems very easy to mark.

“Got mine for christmas, love it. ”

written by gaoler on 07/01/2009

Got mine for christmas, love it.
Not a great game player, poker and puzzles mostly find shoot 'em ups a bit difficult!
Very useful for films and music on the train, the internet browser is useful but limited on memory, better than my mobile though.
Must have gadget!

“I used to have the PSP 1000 and all it was great...”

written by Shane11 on 02/11/2008

I used to have the PSP 1000 and all it was great except for the battery life and the weight. I traded it for a Nintendo DS but I couldn't get into the Nintendo DS, so i sold it to my friend, which now has a PSP and he doesn't touch the DS. I recently got the God of War PSP, a 1 gig memory stick and Socom: FIreteam Bravo 2. I LOVE THEM! I have at least 45 songs, Ironman digital copy on my psp. I have about 20 pictures.

Music: I love listening to music on my PSP. I have the headset and the button with it so I just just put the psp in my pocket and clip the button to my pants and I can modify the sound, change the song and Play/Pause it at the touch of my fingertips! I can watch music videos on my PSP also. As of update 5.00 for the PSP you now have the sleep option!

Games: The games are great for the PSP. GTA, God of War, Socom! Call of Duty and many more! Using the Playstation Store, you can download Original Playstation games for a small price of $5.

Videos: Watch your favorite movies on the go! I have Ironman on my PSP and I watch it quite often. I also have Superbad on a UMD that came with the God of War PSP Entertainment pack. You can also surf the web and download videos to your PSP! Visit YouTube and get a certain program that lets you save YouTube videos to your computer and hook your PSP and BAM YouTube Videos. I have Ahcmed the Dead Terrorist on my PSP I like to watch for a laugh.

Photos: View your photos while listening to your favorite music! Hook a camera up to your PSP to take pictures, its only 1.5 megapixels but it is pretty cool. Have slideslows you want to show your friends? NP, you can do that too! You can also set a picture as your background on your PSP!

Internet: Check the web, weather , whatever you want, but with a few of exception. You cant watch videos across the web on your PSP.

Skype: Pretty cool option. If you get a Skype Headset ($29.99) with axcess to the internet, you can talk to your friends with Skype for free. Or you can call people when your near Internet at a certain charge. (prepaid cards)

Overall: I love the PSP, I use it for everything! Get one if you want the ultimate entertainment on the go.
Cost

$199.99- God of War PSP Entertainment Pack [ Comes with Superbad UMD ($20 value ), God of War ($39.99 value), and the PSP ($169.99 value)]

$29.99- Skype Headset

$20 Socom: FTB2

$30- Accessory kit (Came with Headphones, UMD protectors, case, travel charger, usb cord , screen protector (not very good IMO, paper was stuck to mine so it made it unusable), wriststrap, and a cleaning thing that is attached to the wriststrap, and a Game Cheat thing, which, however, is hard to use.

$10 ( on sale) 1 gigabyte Sandisk memory stick duo.

I got all this stuff from Best Buy.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Just leave me a comment and I'll try to answer it the best I can.

“Both my son and daughter have a psp and we haven't had...”

written by bikers1n2 on 30/10/2008

Both my son and daughter have a psp and we haven't had a problem at all really they are always are on them especially the son he spends a lot of time on it .We did have a problem with the one he had first where the psp failed to charge from the mains yet there was nothing wrong with the battery has this would charge in the daughters psp.. I contacted sony when returning from our holiday and they immediatly despatched a refurbished replacement and we haven't had a problem since.
Would recommend has sony has a excellent after sales service.

“Good points is that you can store videos, songs and...”

written by z93 on 26/09/2008

Good points is that you can store videos, songs and more also on the internet. Bad points is that their is no decent games on the PSP and that its kinda boaring once you start playing it you tend to fall out of it in the first 2 weeks then go back and fowards with it. Over all playing the PSP is no greater experience than playing a normal ps2 they rushed it out to fast

“I love my PSP but I do have down sides; I use it for...”

written by markiepoos on 13/09/2008

I love my PSP but I do have down sides; I use it for everything such as my internet for when I am away from home. I can connect to my PS3 with it and watch television with it (location free player). I like the way I can put my music on it and videos. i like the way you can download torrents with it. I like the way you can choose different themes for it and the ability you can connect a camera to it. I like the way you can share games with other people.
I don't like the size of it but this doesn't include them all just the old one (the one I got) and i also don't like the WLAN reception, my wireless is situated upstairs and when I sit downstairs in my living room I can only pick it up at 30% (this could be my wireless router too though). I don't like the way it dies pretty quickly if you're on it none stop. I don't like the internet radio as there aren't very good channels like radio 1 or kerrang.

“The Sony PSP is a very good little console, would like...”

written by on 17/08/2008

The Sony PSP is a very good little console, would like to see in-built memory to be larger and without the need of memory stick.
Ability to house a USB stick would be better.

“Overall, console is OK but requires a lot of work to...”

written by on 02/08/2008

Overall, console is OK but requires a lot of work to compete with others such as the xbox 360 and he Nintendo wii.

“I would recommend this product because it is the...”

written by on 01/07/2008

I would recommend this product because it is the future in handheld gaming. It is best in its field and is worth the buy. It is practically your MP3, TV and Playstation. It would be great if Sony made a psp with a camera though.

“Overall, the PSP is a fantastic thing to have. A...”

written by spideress on 30/06/2008

Overall, the PSP is a fantastic thing to have. A brilliant buy and well worth the price tag! theres so much to it, being able yo go on the internet, listen to music, watch movies, store pictures and play games all with just one gadget is immense.

“Good all around player, fingerprints can get a little...”

written by klein on 24/04/2008

Good all around player, fingerprints can get a little annoying as they apply easily once touching the screen, good games for the PSP, very small and take anywhere. Well recommend this games console, Sony have done a very good job with this PSP.

“Amazing graphics, great for children like me, easy to...”

written by josh turpin on 19/04/2008

Amazing graphics, great for children like me, easy to carry around, lasts long when has been charged.
Recommend the Sony psp to anyone of a younger age.

“Portable, better graphics, the only bad points in my...”

written by on 19/04/2008

Portable, better graphics, the only bad points in my opinion with the Sony Psp, is the range of games however I believe this will is bettering in time. It also can be easily broken as far as I am aware therefore take good care of this game console. Great but with a little and minor problem, therefore well recommend the PSP handheld.

“My son really enjoyed playing on his psp, was easy to...”

written by beth joshua on 18/04/2008

My son really enjoyed playing on his psp, was easy to carry around and was able to buy good games.
Only brought in December and already broke. Buttons keep sticking, unable to play games. Two of his freinds have had the same problem. Why? I do not recommend Sony PSP because of this.