First Direct Credit Card Reviews

• Customer service

First Direct Credit Card - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for First Direct Credit Card

First Direct Credit Card

“Automated security system can cause transactions to be...”

Written on: 24/04/2011

Automated security system can cause transactions to be cancelled even after they have been approved and there is available credit. This can be highly embarrassing and first direct does not seem to care. I got rid of the card it is very "Mickey Mouse"… Read Full Review

“I have banked with First Direct for a number of years...”

Written on: 03/01/2011

I have banked with First Direct for a number of years and have generally been happy even though many free services have gradually been taken away.

I took out a First Direct Gold credit card and was again generally happy until I had a credit on the card by accident (this can happen if you have overpaid, made a payment on the card for goods purchased then subsequently got a refund for the item etc.). I tried to get the amount I was in credit transferred to my First Direct current account and… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I used to think First Direct was really the bees knees...”

Written on: 15/04/2008 by tonycole (2 reviews written)

I used to think First Direct was really the bees knees of banks.

We have our banking, saving, mortgage and my credit card with them. However we are looking to move my credit card from them because for some reason every few months they stop the card due to "irregular spending" for security checks.

We have an £8k or so limit that we pay off in full every month so maybe we are not the kind of customer they want.

The security checks and embarrassment of a card that doesn't work alone are… Read Full Review