Fuji Finepix S5000 Reviews

Resolution 3.1
Optical Zoom 10
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • 3.1-megapixel 4th generation SuperCCD HR sensor produces images with 6 million pixels (2816 x 2120)
  • 10x optical plus 2.2x digital zoom (22x total)
  • 1.5-inch LCD, electronic viewfinder, 5-frame burst mode, video at 320 x 240 and 30 fps
  • Includes 16 MB XD Picture Card
  • Powered by 4 AA batteries (alkalines included, rechargeables recommended); connects to PCs and Macs via USB 1.1
  • Refine your search

“amazing - redbubble.com/people/stevenmcewan all apart...”

Written on: 20/06/2009

amazing - redbubble.com/people/stevenmcewan all apart from castles were taken with this camera… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Camera was great until it did not power on again. I...”

Written on: 06/08/2008 by johngovon (1 review written)

Camera was great until it did not power on again. I sent it to Fuji Canada for repairs and was given a ridiculous estimate for $277.00. The camera was NOT inspected. The screws were never removed and remained in the same marked position that I left them in. DO NOT BUY FUJI PRODUCTS… Read Full Review

“We have owned this camera for 4 years now and love it!...”

Written on: 28/02/2008 by theshootist (92 reviews written)

We have owned this camera for 4 years now and love it! The functions are a lot to learn as a camera newbie, but the menu's are easy to scroll through and find what you are looking for.
    This camera uses the xd memory cars which is much smaller than the sd or flash memory cards.
    Slow shutter speed is the only drawback to this otherwise e perefect camera.
    If you compare the fuji S series of cameras to the others, you'll find that this camera offers the most features with the greatest optical zoom… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Fuji S5000 has a memory chip in it which retains...”

Written on: 19/10/2007 by dodonnell (1 review written)

The Fuji S5000 has a memory chip in it which retains the day/date/time information, but after 12 months to 2 years this chip losses its capacity to hold a charge therefore losing the date/time. Fuji wants $250 to replace the chip! My camera failed a few weeks out of warranty. Each time I change batteries, I have to reset date and time. What a pain in the neck!… Read Full Review

Theshootist's Response to dodonnell's Review

Written on: 28/02/2008

I disagree with this review because...The xd memory card is the problem, not the camera. I deal in digital memory every day and see SD and flash memory cards go bad for no reason at all.
    <br/>If you went to wal-mar you could probably get another xd memory card with twice the memory at half the cost.

Read 1 Comment

“Let me say from the outset that the Fuji Finepix is my...”

Written on: 07/09/2004 by simes69 (5 reviews written)

Let me say from the outset that the Fuji Finepix is my first serious camera. Before this I was restricted to taking snaps with my wife's APS. Having owned the S5000 for 6 weeks now, these are my comments.
    Bad points first: The manual focus control is very fiddly, requiring you to press a button on the top of the camera and use the zoom control at the same time. I would have preferred either a separate focus control, or to be able to "caps lock" the focus feature. You do need to use the manual… Read Full Review

“The Fuji Finepix S5000 is my second digi cam and cost...”

Written on: 19/08/2004 by oxosbase (5 reviews written)

The Fuji Finepix S5000 is my second digi cam and cost twice the amount of the first but was money well spent. This little baby does everything a novice like myself could ever want. The auto settings are great, but for the expert it has all the manual stuff too. Great zoom(10x optical---2x digital). This camera is so easy to use so you can concentrate on what's in front of you. The photos are clear, sharp and have great colour. You should consider putting a bigger memory card in it. I upgraded… Read Full Review

“A delight to handle and use the S5000 is the only...”

Written on: 03/07/2004 by johnz (1 review written)

A delight to handle and use the S5000 is the only digicam (apart from the 602) which I could use just like my SLR Nikon, felt comfortable right from day one.

I am very impressed with the 10x zoom which operates smoothly and the autofocus remains sharp throughout the range. At, or close to maximum zoom camera shake can become a problem so an eye must be kept on the warning indicator, I do not consider this a fault as a conventional camera with a long zoom would perform identically. I can see… Read Full Review

“I bought this Fuji Finepix S5000 digital camera after...”

Written on: 24/05/2004 by warlord (1 review written)

I bought this Fuji Finepix S5000 digital camera after using a sony mavica fd-91, was very impressed, has good zoom and as i do lots of aviation photography it comes in very handy for close ups. I invested in the 1.5x converter and that improves photos no end with no loss of quality.
    It cost me 250 pound after seeing it in store and I have not regretted buying it, battery life could be better though as it soon drains AA batteries if you use the lcd a lot.
    I have 4 xd picture cards and it is… Read Full Review

Superduke's Response to 156534_warlord's Review

Written on: 10/12/2005

Like your review, just got one S/H on eBay. I reckon that a belt pack with 4 C size batteries linked by wire to power in socket would give a good supply of volts! You could use rechargeable alkaline or even a PJ996 battery could be pressed into service. . .and you can get rechargeable versions to.

Read 1 Comment

“I have had this Fuji Finepix S5000 digital camera for...”

Written on: 23/04/2004 by bullseye65 (1 review written)

I have had this Fuji Finepix S5000 digital camera for a few days and am very impressed! It is very similar to the options on my very expensive proffesional quality SLR, film camera, but is a bit smaller which I find to be a plus!! ISO speed selection is a very handy tool for taking shots at different times and events. I love the speed in which you can take pictures, which is pretty much as fast as you can press the button, most digital cameras take time to save the pic. you can snap off 3-4… Read Full Review

“The Fuji Finepix S5000 is a very very good camera....”

Written on: 19/04/2004 by garethwood321 (4 reviews written)

The Fuji Finepix S5000 is a very very good camera. It's my first Digital Camera but it took me three or four attempts with other models before I exchanged them for this little beauty. I feel it has everything most people would want and need unless your a pro… Read Full Review

“The Fuji Finepix S5000 is so easy to use, from taking...”

Written on: 28/03/2004 by karlacey (6 reviews written)

The Fuji Finepix S5000 is so easy to use, from taking the photo to actually downloading onto your computer. As a novice with digital cameras I was a bit apprehensive about using it. My worries were not justified. The camera looks the part as well. It looks expensive although prices are now quite reasonable and many ascessories are available from filters to the Fuji camera case… Read Full Review

“I bought this Fuji Finepix S5000 digital camera just...”

Written on: 16/02/2004 by pgullick (1 review written)

I bought this Fuji Finepix S5000 digital camera just after Christmas, and have shot hundreds of photos already. The joy of this camera is that my wife can easily use it to take photos of the children, cat and other strange relatives, whilst i can go use it for night time, sports mode and manual settings. Having had SLR's previously the feel of this camera is fantastic, its as a camera should be held. The software that comes with it is easy to install and does the basics well, but is limited… Read Full Review