Schuh Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Schuh - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Schuh

“I am extremely disappointed with my recent experience...”

written by Anusha6492 on 23/05/2024

I am extremely disappointed with my recent experience with Schuh. I ordered shoes worth £130, but what I received were used and incorrect, cheap shoes. This might be due to their delivery services or internal mishandling, but I feel cheated and have effectively lost my money. This experience has been highly frustrating and unacceptable.

“Swindon Branch - Superb Service”

written by AydanColeman on 06/07/2020

We visited the Swindon branch of Schuh on 17th June 2020. This was just after the shops had re-opened during the Coronavirus crisis. We were cautious about our visit but, despite the Coronavirus restrictions and newly introduced social distancing rules had a really positive shopping experience. The staff were polite, pleasant, helpful and patient and all seemed to take the new distancing rules, which were followed scrupulously, in their stride. On the day we visited they did not have the size shoe required in stock, but it was ordered for us there and then and arrived the following morning. All round excellent service, even more considering the difficulties that social distancing rules present to the shop environment. We will visit and buy from schuss, Swindon, again and would like to say thank you to their very helpful staff.

“Been going to the branch in Kingston for many years ,...”

written by chaseholder on 19/05/2017

Been going to the branch in Kingston for many years , yet today had appalling and very unprofessional service from the so called Manager . I had brought my 2 year daughter some converses which have clearly never been worn and needed to change the size . She refused to let me change the size . Im an absolutely fuming and so angry as they have not been worn as I could not even fit her foot in the shoes so how can she have worn them i don't no ! Think she need to have more training on customer service and her eyes checked !

“Great shop and friendly staff”

written by swisslili on 28/09/2016

I bought many pairs of shoes at their Kingston branch over the years. The staff is always friendly and there is a good range. As a vegetarian who don't want to support the leather industry, I struggle to find nice cruelty free shoes. They had plenty of choices and were really helpful. Compare to other shops which didn't have a single pair of cruelty free shoes, I was very pleased. I chatted with three staff ladies that were adorable and a pleasure to talk to. I recommend this shop and will definitely go back.

“Poor Quality Fly Boots equally poor quality customer...”

written by NinaGlass274 on 05/09/2016

Purchased a pair of expensive Fly Boots off Schuh, the quality for the price paid is shocking they have deteriorated in a short time stitching undoing and therefore splits and holes occuting. Returned the Boots at a cost of £5 postage only to have the untouched Boots returned to me with covering note blaming wear n tear rather than Manufactures problem...shocking product, shocking Customer Service...avoid like the plague.

“Great service”

written by pauline1959 on 14/08/2016

Bought a pair of sandals in March 2016. Last week the sole on one of them started to come lose. I had worn them a lot since around April. Went to Schuh branch in Bristol today to see what they could do. Got a new pair without any hassle. Well done Schuh. I will definitely continue buying my shoes at Schuh.

“Could do better”

written by Ford21 on 02/08/2016

Never shopping at store again total waste of time did not feel i got customer service

“appalling”

written by Keatingvj250 on 05/06/2016

completely useless company, did not deliver next day as requested, kept saying they were going to turn up the next day - in the end had to go to Office to buy the shoes. Absolutely awful customer services - just made up information to get you off the phone. I would advise to use them as a last resort Cannot think of anything I like about a company that is so unprofessional and unreliable

“waste of money ”

written by 403Coyne on 13/01/2016

Spent £55.00 on a pair of shoes that split within a few weeks! Was told by the manager of Southampton branch that it was a common problem and had been worn to often and must have gotten wet! If they are aware they sell shoes that are only suitable to look at and not for actual use, should have put a label on them stating for "display only". Total rip off, brought a cheap £5 pair from Primark that lasted longer with twice the abuse!

“i brought a pair of shoes wore them 2 times and the...”

written by casaki on 08/01/2016

i brought a pair of shoes wore them 2 times and the leather on the side has started to peel, i brought them back to the shop and was told by the manager that they were scratched by the zip from the other shoe and there was nothing they could do... i paid £85.00 for a pair of shoes that i can never wear again, because of the style of shoe the zip catches on the buckle and has ripped the leather off... the only way to prevent this is i suppose is to wear the shoe on the wrong foot so the zips are on the outside. i will never buy shoes from this shop again after the way i was spoken to by management in your bluwater store, i am agood customer and spend a fortune in this shop but never again very angry customer

“HORRENDUS”

written by SchuhAREHORRIBLE on 13/12/2015

So, first of all let me say - I am never heading back to this website. I ordered a pair of shoes for £58 using a voucher which bought it down to around £48. I selected the day of delivery for £1 to be the next day which was a Friday as I needed to come Saturday latest. I had ordered before 10pm meaning it would certainly come on Friday. I waited all the day on Friday and hadn't received my shoe. I, the next day, contacted schuh's customer service via live chat where I was told they never had any stock in their factory and they had sent it out from a high street store meaning there was a 24 hour delay. This happened the evening of my order and I wasn't notified at all and had cancelled my plans to stay at home for my parcel. I waited all day Saturday and had even contacted them during the afternoon asking where my parcel was. They said it will be with me today and I was guaranteed that it would arrive. You guessed it, it didn't arrive. I then talked to them this morning and was told there will be another delay for no reason at all and it will arrive on Monday! So 4 days delay from the initial 1 day delivery. They said that they will offer 'another 20% discount' but it appeared they only took an extra 5% off from the initial 15% off even though they confirmed another 20% will be taken off. So they only refunded me around £2 which was useless. I talked to another staff just now and said there is nothing they can do and they're trying everything to help me get my order which they blatantly weren't. They were not budging on the extra 5% BS refund. So there was nothing I can do but wait until tomorrow which probably won't even come. Moral of the story, DONT EVER ORDER FROM SCHUH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POOR DELIVERY. AVOID THIS CHEATING AND LYING COMPANY!

“Never again.”

written by Joncharles on 06/07/2015

Just walked out of Bluewater branch. Asked for their help as the trainers I bought from there had developed a hole near the toe on the top of the shoe. This was because the material is so thin. Hardly worn them. Talked to a girl who was the supervisor and she was cold, dismissive and staggeringly unhelpful. I wont name her as she was young and has time on her side. Well she said if you don't have a receipt I cant help. No I said I have a receipt I'll go home and get it. Well she said ok but we probably wont be able to help you. A little staff training might be an idea. Please please- she was young and can learn. But she needs to want to improve. As for the trainers -they'll be going in the bin having worn them three times.

“Doc Marten Mania”

written by Brynn385 on 10/05/2015

I recently purchased a pair of cherry red 1460 shoes absolutely love them, the employees at shuh were very helpful in retrieving my size in them and good customer service at the till!

“Poor service-way to pushy! ”

written by SavanahWhite190 on 24/04/2015

Visited the Bluewater store and was made to wait quite a while to get served. The shoe I wanted wasn't in stock, and the assistant took forever to try and find me another pair. Then tried for to sell me a whole host of other shoes that were nothing like the ones I wanted. The sales team are far too pushy. I like relaxed environments not hard sell ones.

“EXCELLENT COMFY SHOES”

written by Oliverac386 on 20/04/2015

I recently bought a pair of adidas shoes from the store and I loved them! They fitted me great and they were the most comfortable shoes ever! I will always buy my shoes from Schuh now!

“no receipt give your email”

written by JB_OB on 05/04/2015

Asked by shop assistant for email address as they only issue email receipts now. I informed assistant that I did not have an email account. She gave a look of disgust and informed me that they were trying to save paper. I said that was a nice idea, but that I wanted a paper receipt please. This was finally complied with with such poor grace, that I am tempted never to go to Schuh again. The size of the carrier bags they hand out (mandatory, not optional, but of course these advertise the shop, don't they?) is ridiculous. Clearly the intention is to get hold of my email address. I don't want to hand out my address with every purchase I make, and if I politely decline, I don't expect a fuss to be made about it. Very annoyed about it!

Tania68's Response to JB_OB's Review

Written on: 26/09/2016

Made a purchase in schuh yesterday and was given a paper receipt with my purchase. I am of the understanding that email receipt is incase you lose paper one which so many people do. I personally think it is a really good idea and quite a few stores do it now. As for the carrier bags, dont most stores advertise themselves on their bags.

“Excellent Customer Service ”

written by on 01/04/2015

I was struggling to get hold of a size 11 in a particular Vans star wars era print - Literally everywhere I looked only had small sizes left! I asked one of the sales assistants in my local Schuh, who was extremely helpful and searched on their database to see if any of their UK stores had a size 11 in stock. They found ONE LAST PAIR in Sheffield, and after a quick phone call, told me that they'd been reserved and that I would get a follow-up call from the store to arrange payment & delivery. I received the call as promised the same day, and had them deliver to my local store (York). Very prompt, efficient and friendly throughout. They shoes are a much-wanted birthday present request, so a very happy recipient!

“schuh has poor sizing and shoes are usually wrong size...”

written by CadenManning386 on 09/03/2015

I ordered 3 pairs of shoes two of them did not fit my size is a 6 an exact six in all other brands. One pair was like a size 4 and the other like a size 5 only one paircwas an actual size 6. Judging from other comments on the net about them not even refunding money I will probably not even get my money back so needless to say will never shop at schuh again.

“Absolute disgrace and liars”

written by 475Bradford on 02/02/2015

If I were you, I'd go elsewhere. I informed Schuh I was going to return my faulty Ugg Boots my Royal Mail Signed For and they accepted this. Royal Mail loses my Uggs (more like nicked it) and the customer services I contacted by email did not want to know. As a loyal customer, there was no offer of goodwill gesture, they were quite frankly not interested and blamed this for using Royal Mail. Although Schuh's website said I can use Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, this is misleading. I have learnt from this and in the unlikely event that I have to purchase anything from them in the future and have to return them, you're better off using Collect+ however the nearest branch from me is quite a distance away. No concept of customer service and I am left ripped off and upset as I had saved and saved for these ugg boots. Absolute joke of customer service.

“Problems swiftly resolved”

written by Ggbaba52 on 18/01/2015

I bought a pair of trainer which should have been delivered to my office. I ended up getting them from the local post office. When I got them home, they were two different shades so I complained to Schuh. I had to order another pair which I had delivered to the store at Whiteley. Following my contact with Schuh Customer Services, my complaint was dealt with immediately. But when I went to Whiteley to collect the second pair, they to were not a match. The girl in charge tried to treat the shoes with leather restorer but I was still unhappy. She offered me a full refund or an alternative pair. I chose a different style and left the store having been treated with utmost courtesy. A little while later Inreceived a call to say they had given me the wrong shoes and apologised profusely. I exchanged the wrong pair the following day. These things happen. When I went into the store, other members of staff were aware of my problem and I can't praise the staff enough for how I was treated. I now have the correct shoes and although there was some inconvenience, I would certainly use the store again.

Asked by rochefashion2003 on 4th April 2014 Report this content
Where does schuh manufacture the shoes?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content ace82 Written on: 07/04/2014
Ugg boots had damaged after long customer service process it has Benn sort it out they thought it was manufacture fault had receive the new one