North Shields, Wet 'n' Wild Reviews

North Shields, Wet 'n' Wild
North Shields, Wet 'n' Wild

“Mouldy,unclean, tiring ”

written by Jayvon99 on 24/12/2016

I hated having to go up and down the stairs all the time which made me feel really tired and unhappy. The food wait wasn't long but the price to get in was to expensive as well as getting a very small portion of food for a very expensive price also there was this one member of staff at the hurricane slide that freaked me and my friend out by singing like she was in an opera house. There was also sand in the jacuzzi. The changing rooms were small and smelt like urine and the showers kept getting hot and cold and the place and slides and stairs were mouldy and had rusty screws and everything.

“Excellent”

written by Zaiden1982 on 13/08/2015

Was on holiday went today with 3 boys kids enjoyed it had cafe well organised nice food reasonable price entry price very good well worth a visit

“Do go to spectate ”

written by on 11/08/2015

Or first visit, 40 min wait to get in then has to pay £2.95 to stay and watch, which is a joke as you just get to stand in the red hot humid air as it's that busy you have no hope of a seat! Kids seemed to like it and from the bits I could see it looked clean

“filthy cold water ”

written by 1947Cook on 04/03/2015

Went today with my grandchildren disappointed place dirty no room in locker area no hairdryers cafe overpriced outdoor shoes worn where people walking bare foot very unhygenic not staff problem down to owners wont b going back

“Better than I expected!”

written by PierreMcCarty84 on 16/11/2014

I only went under duress as my children were desperate to go. To be honest the other reviews had put me off. I am really pleased we did go. We all had a great day. Would definitely return. When we arrived in the morning changing area was clean but by the time we left quite dirty. Maybe stop outdoor shoes being worn in this area? Also I would like to add it was the customer's who caused the mess. I watched people just throw rubbish on the floor even though they were next to bins!!!! Overall a great day out.

“Not the cleanest or friendliest place”

written by 367Keene on 31/08/2014

Some people had to wait for 3hrs to swim, bouncers on the door is just strange. The place was filthy changing rooms were tiny and smelt or urine and the staff were not that friendly or helpful don't think I seen one of them smile. The rides are fun but the whole place just needs CLEANED no idea where they spent the one million pound though. The cafe was stinking as well but reasonably priced. Overall it's an okay day out just a bit grubby

“Great day out”

written by 152Fitzsimmons on 23/08/2014

Visited today with my 10 year old son and his friend. The queue situation is ridiculous, bouncers on the door, how random? Would be better if they served customers to get the queue down quicker ! The bloke in the snack bar is weird, couldnt work out my change. Changing area and pools a bit grubby but not as bad as some people are making out! Slides are fab, bit a better system needs to be worked out for the tubes for Calamity Canyon as huge queue in no particular order. Kids had a laugh and we enjoyed our day. Cant see where the extra 1.1 millions has been spent like, but at least the prices are a bit cheaper now.

“Great fun, but could be better.”

written by Leilanip203 on 22/08/2014

We went to Wet and Wild today. I am a childminder and took my kids for an end of hols treat. They loved it. I had a couple of issues. We waited over an hour in the queue to get in. Most of the staff were extremely miserable. There was no clock, so I had to keep asking the time. The wave pool was switched on about once every 3 hours. They also need to invest in more inflatables as the queues for Calamity Canyon were ridiculous! I really couldn't see what the 1.1 million had been spent on. It seemed exactly the same to me. The food was ok, cheap and cheerful. I would go back but wouldn't take little ones as there is too much waiting around. I also could have done without the 14 year olds snogging in the hot tub, eww!

“Great day out”

written by Caro111 on 20/08/2014

Got here early and already a queue -they limit the number who can get in which is why people queue for so long. That's fine as it makes it safer. Kids had great fun (4 12 year olds and 3 9 year olds) and were well supervised by lots of lifeguards. Floor quickly gets dirty because it's wet from swimmers and people walk in with muddy shoes on. Only way to avoid this is to leave shoes at the door! Food good but queue really built up - perhaps more staff are needed. For £5 each it was very good value I wish they'd make more of a feature of the outside sitting area though as very hot for spectators. Best advice - get there early

“disgusting”

written by Franco59 on 19/08/2014

Horr ible i will never take my kids there again its worse than before it was taken over filthy water disgusting food took a burger back because it was black they give me another black one so give them it back then stood 15 miniutes waiting for another one the catering are minging no aprons no hair nets or hats av been in catering for 30 year never seen anything so disgusting in all my life do not spend your money here go elsewhere

“Over £1m Revamp - It's Still Rotten!”

written by rxMurray319 on 17/08/2014

We went to visit wet n wild with our 5 year old niece and were really disappointed with the state of the place, the queues to get into the water park were outrageous and the staff were so rude and miserable - i guess that's what happens when you pay minimum wage, you get people who really don't care about the guest experience... For an indoor water park which has seen over £1.1m spent on it, you really couldn't tell - the whole place just looked old and tired and it was still as dirty as it was before it closed down. The management team need a really good shake up if the owners want this place to succeed - you get the feeling its the same staff as before it closed as the major issues that resulted in its downfall previously have continued after the "refurb" - if you can't get the fundamentals right such as cleanliness, good staff and overall good guest experience you have no hope! Everyone seems to be complaining about the chlorine levels, which are very high - i have never been to an indoor water park like it where your eyes literally sting. Maybe this has something to do with an old system they use which requires higher levels of chlorine or poor ventilation, as more modern water parks don't seem to have this issue. If I were you I would save your money and go elsewhere. It really isn't any different to before its closure all the same issues still remain

“Excellent family fun!”

written by Terri676 on 14/08/2014

I visited wet n wild today with my sister, my nephew (age 15) and my 2 children ( ages 6 and 7). So pleased that I decided to ignore most of these reviews as we had a great time! The staff that greatest us were friendly and professional, the water temperature was perfect ( we stayed for 4 hours ), and the temperature out of the pool was fine. We didn't wait longer than 10 mins for any slide and were not cold at all in the que. changing rooms were clean when we arrived and clean when we left and had no problem with chlorine levels. Maybe the problems previous people have experienced have all been rectified. Would strongly reccomend it for a great day out for all ages!

“Very poor place ”

written by wendy.kell.5 on 12/08/2014

Herd about referb and thought we would give it another chance as first few visits found it very cold for kids and very filthy changing area. And this visit today was no different, waited over hour to get in, water freezing cold to cold for small children, snack bar was way to slow que wAs to long and only 1 serving. Changing area was still dirty and where you come in through front entrance is messy and not inviting at all people smoking right next to front entrance while you trying to get in. Staff on till was ok, staff in smack bar miserable and not very pleasant. All in all can't see any improvements at all, and that's it for that place it's had it's last chance dirty filthy and cold not worth the £10 pp to get in. WHAT HAVE THEY SPENT THE MONEY ON?

“Very VERY POOR”

written by Reed213 on 12/08/2014

Have attempted to come twice now. The first time it's shut for the day with no warning on the website. The second time we have to que outside for 3 hours. What kind of a water park has 4 bouncers on the door. Poor management. Poor organisation. The phone doesn't even work to call and check if it's open / full because it rings as "unrecognised number" due to phone line issues. 1.6 million on a revamp and they can't instal a working phone line. Resulting in us having driven all the way across the country TWICE, costing a fortune in petrol, and we still haven't visited the stupid water park. Won't be coming again. Would not recommend to others.

“Awful”

written by S3ssy- on 10/08/2014

I have never been to a water park where they have 4 bouncers on the doors ! What's that all about. The changing rooms were rank and the water was full of sand, my costume was covered in it. Walking up the stairs to the shoots was absolutely rotten the tiles were disgusting and not cleaned black mould around the edges and full of dirt/ dust. The service in the cafe was abysmal and the staff are so morbid crack a smile it makes a difference. The kids had a great time however the place needs improved and cleaned won't be going back

“Disgusted ”

written by HadassahWhalen457 on 08/08/2014

Today I visited wet n wild with my 3 other friends. I had been in the past before the refurbishment although I had only been once or twice due to the dirtiness of the waterpark. Today when I arrived I was under the impression it had been cleaned and refurbished. I knew there was no new slides or equipment, I just knew they had gotten rid of the infestation and it had been 'cleaned'. When I arrived there was a 3 and a half hour wait, where the bouncer was rude. We went into the changing rooms where it was dirty. We went in to the pool to pool slide and when we got into the first little pool there was sand and floaters in the pool which I found disgusting. When we proceeded to the wave pool there were many floating items such as dead insects. All of the staff at wet n wild appeared to be ill. The chlorine levels were through the roof making everyone's eyes water and turn red. Also it was extremely hot and hard to breathe as me and my friends had to keep going outside to get air. I would not recommend this place to anyone as it needs a thorough cleaning.

“Enjoyable,fantastic,fun”

written by Finnhz373 on 07/08/2014

Amazing time at wet n wild totally would go back,unfortunately the service at the cafe was a bit disappointing,and the changing rooms were not the cleanest,I won't worry it is the perfect family day out.a

“AMAZING FUN COOL”

written by BrettNorwood411 on 29/04/2014

its soo fun if u haften been well u need to go it has a range of slides u can choose from but it takes a while because they have lines but when u r on them it feel great to be there ive been every weekend since it opened and i LOVE it! i didnt like the lines where to big

“amazing,awesome,fun,phonanomal”

written by on 27/01/2014

the best indoor water park ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the water slides were amazing but unfortunately the changing rooms were to small and dirty

“do not close wet n wild in new castle”

written by on 03/11/2013

wet n wild is the best place but please do not close wet n wild

Asked by Coolkid4 on 6th August 2014 Report this content
Are there any smaller slides for smaller children?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site