Packard Bell (NEC) A926 Reviews

Packard Bell (NEC) A926 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Packard Bell (NEC) A926

Packard Bell (NEC) A926
Packard Bell (NEC) A926

“The Packard Bell (NEC) A926 monitor is very...”

Written on: 02/10/2003 by horseraddish (3 reviews written)

The Packard Bell (NEC) A926 monitor is very attractive, unlike the plain boxes one often encoutners. Although it has a big footstep, the ability to attatch speakers to the sides of the screen (10 watt rms) with a built in DC power point on the monitor, helps to save some space.
The 19" monitor has an 18" veiwable surface which is mostly flat and only slightly curved. Not as flat as Trinitron screens. The rest of the screen is only 2" wider.
The part that impressed me (as a fan of old DOS games) was that it can display low res pictures full screen and without blockyness. The swtiching speed between modes is very fast, like a typical 14" screen.
Although a fiarly heavy 23KG, the monitor seems to float on it's swivel stand and can be repositioned easily with just one hand.
One problem I have had is with contrast and brightness. I cannot seem to get black to be black, only a dark glowing grey. This is the same in all video modes. It is not noticable in daylight, but in a dark office or dark room, it is noticable.
I got it for £65 (about $85) so I can't complain.