McAfee VirusScan Online Reviews

McAfee VirusScan Online
2.1

Summary

Manufacturer: McAfee
Features:
  • Download
    Platforms: Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows XP
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    McAfee VirusScan Online - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for McAfee VirusScan Online

“”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by RH on 23/05/2009

I would not recommend McAfee VirusScan Online to my worst emeny!

I made the mistake of buying this as a download from McAfee in March 2009.

Having taken my money, it did not download properly. It did remove all existing protection though.

It took several evenings to try and get the problems fixed. It took several attempts via remote access by their support to finally install the product.

I wanted my money back so that I could buy a product that worked first time but was told that it was now nothing to do with McAfee & I would have to contact a third party.

When I asked for contact details to McAfee's complaints department I was told there was no telephone contact and no email contact. Al I was given was a postal addres in Holland.

It has been nearly two months now since I wrote asking for an explanation and, if nothing else, an apology. I have heard nothing.

“Wow! McAfee VirusScan Online software is awesome...!...”

written by on 16/05/2009

Wow! McAfee VirusScan Online software is awesome...! Tells you which site to go and which not to go to through pictures of ticks and crosses..
    Also it updates you on the computers security..

“Suddenly McAffee seems to have become very...”

written by on 21/12/2008

Suddenly McAffee seems to have become very commercially orientated to the detriment of the customer. As a result i am now researching a change of anti virus software.

“McAfee virus scan can be purchased from McAfee's...”

written by ksamr on 27/11/2003

McAfee virus scan can be purchased from McAfee's website and easily downloaded after purchasing an annual subscription. The downloadable version of McAfee is an excellant choice for beginners and advanced users alike. I recommend it to anyone looking for great virus protection, low impact on system resources and very frequently updates of virus definitions.

“McAfee VirusScan Online is a very badly behaved...”

written by oldtymer on 29/09/2003

McAfee VirusScan Online is a very badly behaved program. It may scan for viruses ok, but it configures so poorly, and causes crashes, that I would find something else. My own version came from AOL.