DVLA Personalised Number Plates Reviews - www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk

Media Gallery for DVLA Personalised Number Plates www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk

“Poor service ”

written by Sydneek486 on 25/04/2019

I've had a private plate for years and never had any problems till now since they have closed the regional offices and everything is moved to Swansea. They say you can do it on line but it won't let me but nobody can tell me why .so I send of the forms etc to have them returned with another form to fill in which I gladly did and sent it of again. To have it returned with another form required 5 weeks has gone past and I'm no further forward if this is progress it's a joke

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Long time waiting for retention certificate ”

written by Gerry2018 on 02/11/2018

Purchased a registration and noted it said please allow 2 weeks for delivery. Been 2 weeks now and still no retention certificate. Called customer service who were extremely rude with a can't be botherd attitude ill never buy from them again just because they're (dvla) registrations believe me it dosent mean they're service is any better than other registration company's if anything dvla registrations are the worst!

Gerry2018's Response to Gerry2018's Review

Written on: 05/11/2018

I've just had the exact same experience.

Read 1 Comment

“Happy with the price, speed of received certificate”

written by 2much4me on 27/03/2015

I have decided to buy the car of my affordable dream and found almost my name on a number plate - decided to purchase it. Paid around 1AM on 25/3/15 and just received the certificate to process assignment today 27/3/15. Only hope, tomorrow the car is as is outlined in the add so can pay to get the number plates made and therefore assigned to my car to be.

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“As most of the reviews state ( quite rightly) it can...”

written by Rodolfo214 on 24/08/2014

As most of the reviews state ( quite rightly) it can take up to five weeks to transfer a number from car to car, there is an exception however. I did a deal at a reputable garage on a Saturday, I mailed my documents to the garage on Monday ( evening post ) they received them on Tuesday and posted to DVLA that evening. DVLA received them Wednesday mid day. The following monday I had a very severe Change in my personnel circumstances and had to cancel my purchase, I immediately informed the dealer who faxed DVLA straightaway telling them to cancel the transfer and return documents. They had the documents for no more than two and a half days MAX. But guess what ....Seven days after they had received them I got them back all changed. NEVER has this happend before so now instead of paying nothing I have to pay DOUBLE to change it all back again. The dealer tod me this often happens . I think it's disgraceful that they get away with it but what can you do.....nothing and they know it.

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Quick service if you're buying, everything else is 5 weeks”

written by Ewingbd73 on 24/03/2014

In case you were thinking of buying a new number plate, please go ahead as DVLA get this sorted very, very quickly. If you want to transfer your reg, then please allow yourself a minimum of five weeks. I own a car with a private plate and want to move this to another car. I have had to buy the second car and start the process. I posted this on Thursday 13th March, first class recorded, to DVLA. They received this on Friday 14th March. I phoned them today, Monday 24th March to be told that they had received my documents, but the "marker" only went on the system on Friday 21st. They said the 4 weeks starts from the 21st. The fact that they had my paper work for a whole week means nothing, it was just waiting to go on the system. They did say, which I am sure they are told to, that it may take less that 4 weeks. So, you either pay to get your private plate taken off the donor vehicle onto a retention certificate, which takes 4 weeks as well, or you have to buy another car first and them wait, in my case now five weeks, before you can get a V5 for your donor vehicle as you can't sell it without it. I understand they may be busy, but they are devoting all the resource to the money end of the business. Being a government department, you can guess how much they really care when you say you are unhappy. I did look up why the delays are so bad and it is because of centralisation. DVLA said there would be teething problems at the start, but that was last October. Six months down the line and they are getting worse. Just read the comments here, one stars for the transfers and 5 stars for the purchases, it says it all....

“Apalling Service. ”

written by on 30/08/2013

If you buy a cherished number be warned it now takes around 4 weeks to process.

“Complete waste of time”

written by on 19/08/2013

I applied to put a number plate on retention 3 weeks ago sending the application to my local DVLA office as I always have done. Unbeknown to me this branch had closed,and transfers have to go to Swansea ( in my case) so, do they re direct to Swansea no.. It goes to Ireland of all places where it will be opened and then can you believe ...sent back to me to start all over again,despite being marked on the envelope to cherished transfers .could they not use the same computer that sends out tax disc demands that's never late

“ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES!”

written by kiren on 02/08/2013

This is the worst government body i have ever dealt with! having submitted my application 3 weeks ago i am still waiting for my documents to come back! i rang their helpline to only have them terminate the call on me 3 times. then when i asked to speak to a manager they told me i couldnt as they were not available and even if they were they would tell me the same thing that it is in a back log of transfers! the staff are rude, the service is appalling!!! unfortunately i have to use them, they should privatise this section and i would be more than happy in future to have a small company do any transfer for me!

“Disgrace!”

written by on 08/03/2013

I had a private number plate but when we decided to sell the car we asked DVLA's advice on said number plate. We did as advised and went ahead with the sale. We thought all was ok, until i received a letter from the new owner of my car who was askin if i wanted to buy back my number plate!!! As a result i no longer have it and will have to purchase another if i want one again-DVLA are useless!

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Much quicker and easier than I expected”

written by on 11/02/2013

I've wanted a personalised plate for ages, as my initials are "JET" and I thought they would make for a nice plate for my motorbike. However, I've always put it off because I thought it would be too complicated in practice. Having browsed on the DVLA site many times I finally found THE plate I wanted, and launched into the buying process with some trepidation. I placed the order at about 4 PM on a Friday, received the necessary document (V750) in the post the following Thursday and was able to get a plate made and assign the new number to my bike at the local DVLA office on the Friday. It was all done by about 2 PM. So the plate was fully assigned and fitted to my bike within a week of making the initial purchase. All the information on DVLA's website was clear, and it was very comprehensive. There were no nasty surprises or add-ons on the price. I must also say that I found the local DVLA office (Bristol) to be extremely professional, helpful and friendly.

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Great price and fast service”

written by alexojus on 21/04/2012

I had a look on line to get a new number plate. When I found it, I compared the price and realise that ALL CHARGES INCLUDED, DVLA was offering the best. I ordered it and was told it could take up to six weeks. The following I got all the paper!! Much faster than expected. The information provided on the process is very clear. If you want a good price number plate, DVLA is definitely the best place to go. In the end of the day, they are the one responsible for them!

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“did not know that the DVLA Personalised Number Plates...”

written by roger5404 on 18/06/2009

did not know that the DVLA Personalised Number Plates dies with car at the time, after
my mother gave me the plate as a gift which was a way of remembering her

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“I was advised to go to DVLA.gov.uk to check out...”

written by LionBrain on 23/01/2008

I was advised to go to DVLA.gov.uk to check out available reg plates for my BMW. I wanted something a bit individual after spending top whack on my Beemer.
I did a few searches on the DVLA website just to see what was out there to buy. I managed to find a close alternative to the plate I wanted (my first choice was taken).

My BMW now has a personalised registration plate which makes it look cool. I get some admiring looks from other drivers I tell you!

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“I have a Peugeot 205GR which I bought new in 1985 and...”

written by pablodow on 29/09/2003

I have a Peugeot 205GR which I bought new in 1985 and when I saw a Ford Cortina with the number plate TTT 205X I thought it would be great for my 205. I bought the old banger and kept it until I could organise the transfer. Unfortunately I had gone through a couple of other bangers in the meantime. Consequently, about 5 years after, I decided to go ahead with the transfer only to find that the Cortina would not only have to be roadworthy, but also with an MOT, and insurance. I was horribly disappointed.

Why on earth would someone run a car into the ground, then wanting to keep the registration plate, be denied the possibility simply because the car has to be scrapped? It would seem that this law exists only for the filthy rich who could afford to change their car every 3 years and transfer the number plate whilst the car is still in their possession. This world is sad.

Pigmeat2000's Response to pablodow's Review

Written on: 07/01/2004

I've tranferred registrations onto 3 family cars recently. I had practically no problem with the DVLA who charged £80 per vehicle to do the business. They managed to lose the insurance cetificate for one of the vehicles but that was quickly sorted.
<br>
<br>Overall, it wasn't an unpleasant experience and was handled reasonably efficiently. I'll certainly do it again.

Pablodow's Response to pablodow's Review

Written on: 07/01/2004

The comment was really aimed at the law which allows number plates to be traded but not one from a car being scrapped. Strange. It doesn't deter me from transferring in the future, just that I would THEN know that the cars must both be "on the road".
<br>Grateful for your valued comment on DVLA though.

Read 2 Comments

Asked by Tlobdog on 27th June 2019 Report this content
How do I put my private number plate on my new vehicle?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Buy Products