Torquay, Cranbourne Hotel Reviews

3.5

Torquay, Cranbourne Hotel - Ask a question now

“Room size and facilities”

written by DiJDavies on 27/08/2014

First I must say the hosts were pleasant and welcoming. Breakfast was very good. however the room we stayed in a cosy double described on booking .com was anything but cosy for more than a nights stay. This was because the room was just too small with a tiny wardrobe propped up looking more like an upturned coffin than a place to hang your clothes, in fact there was only room for one of us to hang them.i lived out of a case.such a shame because with just a little thought smaller wardrobe could have been fitted in. The TV was so tiny it was easier to watch mu iPad again a little moving round and a slightly bigger TV should be standard. I am afraid that a chocolate on your towel on arrival and some complimentary sachets in the bathroom can't replace somewhere which is really only suitable for single occupancy. I hope no one ever booked a fortnight in this room. Please note if old and not to good with lots of stairs book a room here in the attic it nearly did in another couple stopping at the same time

“hi after working in torquay for a while i treated my...”

written by on 30/12/2009

hi after working in torquay for a while i treated my mrs to a weekend at the cranbourn an guess what she loved it so much ive got to take her back an to be truly honest i cant wait when we had our long bank hol weekend the weather was brill an she spent so much in the shops owell. hotel WAS FANTASTIC TO SAY THE LEAST AN RUSSEL AN HIS MRS WERE BRILL an the local fish an chips down by the harbour BRILL HOPE TO SEA YOU SOON BOTH . . . . . . . Rob an Jacqui Ferndale RHONDDA VALLEYS SOUTH WALES (botchet without scarper) 07912252429

“The staff at the Cranbourne Hotel were extremely...”

written by rachelteed on 05/10/2008

The staff at the Cranbourne Hotel were extremely friendly, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was lovely.

“We stayed in this hotel in April 2008 and were very...”

written by on 20/04/2008

We stayed in this hotel in April 2008 and were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. We were even picked up from the station on our arrival and taken back on our departure.
The hotel is well situated a short distance from the main shopping area and not too far from the front, about a ten minute level walk.

“Nice welcome to the Cranbourne Hotel, from Peter. ”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by dingleberry on 27/08/2004

Nice welcome to the Cranbourne Hotel, from Peter.
Family room 12 x 14 !
Went out for our first evening, as a young family, the whole place crawling with drunken teenagers. Tried all over but everywhere in main Torquay is the same. At 10.30 my wife went back to the hotel. I took our son for fish & chips. About 11.00 pm we got back, my wife came down to let us in.
However, the snip on the room lock was broken and we were locked out. after phoning/knocking for a few minutes a "person" in nightwear appeared, told me I was a pain, and some people need to sleep etc etc .
Please remember their lock was faulty (faulty?).
but he would not listen. The drunken teenagers (I was one once) finished around 4.00 am. then the council cleanup squad started about 5.00 am aaaggghhhh!!!
At breakfast, after virtually having it thrown at us. the owner informed us we would have to leave due to "last night's incident" on the word of his staff member without asking us how we saw the situation!! When informed there was no apology just a rather effeminate turn of heel back to the dishes.
We left with a £ 50 refund on the £125 deposit and went to Brixham . What a contrast, quiet, friendly fishing (unsmelly) harbour info shop got us a lovely apartment overlooking the harbour. We had a wonderful week...in the end.

200715_Cranborne's Response to dingleberry's Review

Written on: 06/07/2005

Hello - I would like to add that the person mentioned in this review, namely Peter, has moved away from Torquay. We believe he and his sidekick have moved to Buenos Aries (?) and we have taken over. If the writer of this article would like to contact me: Nigel I would love to offer you a free night here as compensation in return for a good comment. We are not all narrow minded - some hoteliers are actually really nice people.

Dingleberry's Response to dingleberry's Review

Written on: 04/08/2005

Dear Nigel,
<br>Thankyou for your very kind offer.If we are ever in Devon again we will cetainly look you up.
<br>Meanwhile I will add a review comment updating so to speak.
<br>Regards Antony