Bradcot Classic Reviews

Bradcot Classic
2.6

Bradcot Classic - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bradcot Classic

“Worst awning we have ever purchased ”

written by Cardboardbox on 21/10/2017

Purchased our awning 3 years ago after being told by a retailer that they where the best on the market, the curtains were too small they didn't even meet in the middle and spent more tme on the floor than they did covering the windows as to poles fell apart with the slightest bit of movement, the grond anchor off the storm staps stapped in half the second time we used it and the storm kit only holds the poles down goes nowhere near the awning, whilst in high winds this week one of the plastic corners on the poles shattered causing the poles to collapse and the awning then ripping right across the roof and lifting completely over the top of the van absolutely destroying itself, would not recommended if you are an all year caravaner.

“A cautionary tale. ”

written by on 01/11/2010

A cautionary tale.

Our old Bradcot Classic awning was too small for the new van we bought in May this year. Having had no trouble and unable to fault it we again bought a Bradcot Classic.
Bradcot in their infinite wisdom have changed the steel poles, they now no longer link together......with the result that whilst erecting the awning, the poles slid apart denting our brand new van. The dents will cost £400 to put right.
Bradcot's response after several phone calls was to offer a free up-grade to the easy alloy poles. After collecting our steel poles however, they renaged on their initial gesture and asked us for £90. We are still awaiting delivery of the poles. Customer Service...? Whats that ????

“Our caravan is on a seasonal pitch in Devon 8 months...”

written by on 24/04/2010

Our caravan is on a seasonal pitch in Devon 8 months of the year so we bought the bradcote residencia 960 with steel frame supposably all season.
It as stayed up in some pretty bad storms and the frame as never moved,The materials seem indestructible BUT the cotton they us to put it together is apsolute rubbish!,it has been repaired under the warranty but now that no-longer applies we have to keep bringing it home for repair.I would recommend only using this awing for 2 weeks a year and not as Bradcote state for seasonal pitches in a coastal environment.Next time we will look at a Isabela.

“bradcot recommends not using a storm tie down.i would...”

written by on 23/07/2009

bradcot recommends not using a storm tie down.i would srtongly recommend you do as we totally lost ours to a freak wind storm.it ripped completely from its peg downs and bent all easy system poles.it flew up over the caravan and smashed into my car..i now use it only in good weather..any sign of wind it comes down with haste

“I found the awning easy to erect and once up was...”

written by on 16/07/2009

I found the awning easy to erect and once up was stable and caused no problems even in high winds. I never used a tie down storm tie as it seemed to distort the whole awning.

No real dislikes although I did have to go through a broker to get extra poles which were delivered in two days very good. Bradcot were not speaking that week.

“Love the Bradcot Classic tent. System is good and easy...”

written by on 31/05/2009

Love the Bradcot Classic tent. System is good and easy to erect. But the Aluminium poles. 2nd time of use, one gust of wind and the tent was well tied down. Poles bent and broke.

Bradcott should list each item,cost and delivery.
It would also be nice if Bradcott answered the telephone.

“Have owned a Bradcot awning for 10 years with easy...”

written by HywelOwen on 17/05/2009

Have owned a Bradcot awning for 10 years with easy alloy frame. Torrential rain in Italy caused water to stand on the roof and snapped a pole. I purchased two rafter poles which prevents water gathering on the roof and I have had no further trouble. High winds can cause the tensioners to close up and the tension is then lost. Strategically placed jubilee clips cure this problem.

“We had a Bradcot Classic for 4 years with fibre glass...”

written by on 06/03/2009

We had a Bradcot Classic for 4 years with fibre glass poles - no problems at all, easy tp put up and we withstood a gale when others with alloy got flattened. Sold it recently second hand very easily. going to buy anotherI don't understand the unhappy users - it doesn't relate to my experience.

“Bradcot Classic caravan awning is such a light and...”

written by on 28/02/2009

Bradcot Classic caravan awning is such a light and quick pole system. I have just alighted upon these reviews and am amazed! I bought a secondhand Classic in 2006 and had it erected for four months in the corner of France near Perpignan, where, as anyone who knows rhe area will testify, the "tramontane"wind can howl as no southwesterly can in the UK. I was entirely content with the rigidity of this super simple and lightweight awning frame. Why others may have had such problems I cannot explain.

“I have owned this awning for over five years and have...”

written by on 04/09/2008

I have owned this awning for over five years and have been caravaning for over twentyfive years. This is by far the easiest to erect I have ever owned. It has been used in all kinds of weather conditions including heavy rain and high winds with no problems whatsoever. A lot of people complain about the stregth of the alloy poles, but a bad workman!

“The Bradcot awning is the easiest awning to put up...”

written by on 04/09/2008

The Bradcot awning is the easiest awning to put up I've ever owned. Been out in all weathers without any problems. All poles wil bend if the awning is not put up correctly!

“The alloy poles are rubbish. The bent in the wind and...”

written by on 17/08/2008

The alloy poles are rubbish. The bent in the wind and then snapped. Locking devices snapped as well. Basically the pole system was ok for 2 years then the problems arrived. Bradcot also say no to use tie downs with their awning.

Mross's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2008

The "Easy System" frame is manufactured in Aluminium. Whilst this material can never be considered as strong as steel, it is extremely light in weight, will never rust and it does what it says on the packet, it's "Easy" to use.
<br/>Bradcot do recommend the use of tie down kits, their own. These are fitted inside the awning, to the frame and not the canvas, which allows adjustment from inside the awning. Handy at night in inclement weather and you can't trip over them!
<br/>The type they do not recommend is the one peice "Belt Type" that fit over the entire awning canvas. In windy weather they will vibrate like a violin string and very quickly damage the coating on the awning roof.
<br/>Hope this info is of help?

“The Bradcot was the worst caravan awning I have ever...”

written by andycro on 31/07/2008

The Bradcot was the worst caravan awning I have ever had. All pegging out points ripped when we had a storm then got them repaied indipendently then after another bout of bad weather 3 of the alloy poles bent/broke in the night.
Now trying to buy the replacement poles can't get any bradcott give me a no. For soeone else no they are waiting for bradcot to spitnew awnings for spare poles.
I will never buy Bradcot again.

“My experience of the easy alloy poles on the Bradcot...”

written by 19richard39 on 17/07/2008

My experience of the easy alloy poles on the Bradcot Classic has not been a happy one and I will not be purchasing a replacement set of these poles. I think I will choose the steel poles which are heavier but are also cheaper. I have considered buying the fibreglass poles which are reputed to be very light and strong but I don't know a lot about them. I wouldn't say that the alloy poles are completely useless but I would be uneasy using them in areas where strong winds are either routinely experienced such as the coast or when strong winds are forecast.

463864_Ventolin's Response to 19richard39's Review

Written on: 31/05/2009

I agree with this review because...even though the alloy poles are easy to use, but they do not like the stormy weather. we lost ours last year in bad weather. We ended up with several holes in the canvas and a very deep dent running half way along the caravan.
<br/>when trying to find replacement poles we were told they'd had a run on people asking for alloy poles. Day 3 of our holiday and we were heading back home :(
<br/>Don't get me started on the zips lol, they can be a nightmare. We've only once had water pooling, but only a small amount.
<br/>The plus side it never lost any colour and always looked one of the better awnings when going around the sites. But we are not buying another Bradcot and no way will we be buying alloy poles

“Poles bend in wind and roof sags collecting water and...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 12/07/2008

Poles bend in wind and roof sags collecting water and poles bend even more. Totally useless would not buy another.

19Richard39's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2008

I found this review helpful because. It supports my own view of this awning frame - convenient but not strong enough.

417389_Monicaross67's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2008

I found this review unhelpful because...it gives totally the wrong impression. The awning will only sag if you don't put the thing up right! You need more practice! Our awning in erected the way it is suposed to be and we have no trouble with the alloy poles AT ALL.

“Alloy 'upgrade' poles work really well but bend even...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 01/07/2008

Alloy 'upgrade' poles work really well but bend even better when the wind picks up a little. Wish I'd gone for the cheap steel poles. Dealers response to my bent poles issue was that I should make an insurance claim. I'm wondering if we're the only ones to have experienced this.

“Absolutely A1 awning we have had 2 of these awnings...”

written by on 04/06/2008

Absolutely A1 awning we have had 2 of these awnings now both with bedrooms and had no problems as yet and would buy a nother one in years to come.

“Bradcot Classic is an attractive and flexible awning...”

written by karlosmalin on 30/10/2006

Bradcot Classic is an attractive and flexible awning but it just can't take windy weather. It's useless in windy weather, the easy alloy poles just aren't strong enough to cope with anything other than a strong breeze. Very expensive pole replacements and the roof sags and collects water in the rain, stretching the material. Bradcot doesn't like you using a tie-down kit, how foolish for British weather.

417389_Monicaross67's Response to karlosmalin's Review

Written on: 13/11/2008

Bradcot (rightly so) do not recomment awnings STRAPS. This makes sense as they damage the roof. Bradcot have their own version of a storm kit, which fixes to the poles not the awning. BRILLIANT.

“The Bradcot Classic materials were of a good quality...”

written by baboo on 29/05/2006

The Bradcot Classic materials were of a good quality and the colours have remained stable during the 5 seasons we have had the awning. However the seams have had to be re- enforced at the outer corners of the roof as they started to come apart after about 3 seasons of moderate use. I am a little disappointed with the awning as I have previously had Bradcot and been satisfied. I am now looking elsewhere.

“We bought this Bradcot Classic awning because it was...”

written by chrismalloy on 10/05/2006

We bought this Bradcot Classic awning because it was half the price of similar spec Euro products. Go for the aluminium self locking poles and after a few attempts this awning can go up in 30min max. The fly screens are great for letting a cool breeze run through without being disturbed by insects. Stay calm whilst inserting the zips and they will last forever. The good wife like's the curtain arrangment and the colour and the quality and how it's easily packed away.

Asked by Michellehyde on 26th July 2020 Report this content
Do they do the twist connectors in metal as the plastic ones keep bending? Are the fixing pads that the ceiling poles hook into supposed to close shut and stay put as ours continue to slide about as we are erecting the rest of the awning frame. Frustrated user!

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site