Call18866.co.uk Reviews

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Summary

Review your 18866 Phone Company or find whether this is the best landline phone service for you. With the increasing number of phone packages available, determining which comes out Tops can be no less than difficult. Whether it is added extras or simply the cost of calls, make comparisons from the reviews below and get dialling.
Call18866.co.uk - Ask a question now

“calls just don't connect properly in the UK”

Written on: 27/04/2014

We started using call18866.co.uk in December, to call our children at xmas. We tried using all their access numbers, we could hear the woman saying "please wait a moment" so we know we got through to their system, but the call didn't connect properly to the number we wanted, only silence and a clunk-clunk-clunk noise. We tried hundreds of times over the next few weeks and into January. Now we find our card has been billed for EVERY call, the website says we had 30 or 40 seconds for each call… Read Full Review

“original telephone number changed ”

Written on: 16/09/2013 by Chiswick546 (1 review written)

I have moved a few times and one of the tel numbers match the one 18866 hold. I can't get though. Have wasted many hours. My debit card expired so could not pay outstanding invoice. I sent the amount with account number which has not been allocated to my account. What a mess!!… Read Full Review

Chiswick546's Response to Chiswick546's Review

Written on: 16/09/2013

Apologies for my typos : "none" of the numbers match. I can't get "through".

Read 1 Comment

“Call 18866 is fine if you have no problem. I have been...”

Written on: 27/11/2010

Call 18866 is fine if you have no problem. I have been told that my payment date (Card month)is **** but i know that they are wrong . I have just spent an hour trying to correct this error with them but they seem to have made it impossible to do so . Unless someone out there knows something i dont… Read Full Review

Letik's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2012

Switching from card payment to Direct Debit (if you have a UK bank account) may help. You can set up or change the DD online with minimal effort. No expiry dates to deal with. And if you ever want to block future payments, just cancel the DD via your bank (blocking card payments is more difficult).

Read 1 Comment

“Have been using this service for many years - since...”

Written on: 17/09/2010 by edward kramer (1 review written)

Have been using this service for many years - since the connection charge was only 1p. Even at 5p it is still good value. I ues it for all day-time calls (I have free calls in the eve and at week-ends with Orange). I also use it for calls to mobiles. The rate for each call is annouced before you are connected so you know exactly where you are. Billing is also very clear with time call made, number called and duration. You can register other numbers to the one account (my daughter's calls… Read Full Review

“Haven't used the service for over 5 years, changed my...”

Written on: 27/07/2010

Haven't used the service for over 5 years, changed my phone numbers long time ago. Yesterday received 6 bills from them, all dated 02-07-2010. Logged on using my old account details. All itemised statements showed that I haven't made any calls. So where did these fake invoices come from? I cancelled my subscription and a couple of hours later I received another invoice! I'm afraid that they'll charge my credit card with the fake bills and no-one can stop them. What can be done about these… Read Full Review

“I have been trying tell 18866 that my telephone...”

Written on: 22/07/2010 by rmurty (1 review written)

I have been trying tell 18866 that my telephone provider is changed from bt to sky, but I cannot find a way of telling them.
Because I have changed my internet service provider too I now can no longer send messages to them.

Please please I need an e-mail address (nothing on their website) that I can send indepentently… Read Full Review

“How can i contact 18866 service department? They have...”

Written on: 25/04/2010

How can i contact 18866 service department? They have been disrupting my calls for a month. they say I owe £3.87 which was paid 2 weeks ago (failure to pay due to a cloned credit card that was cancelled). all i want to do is to contact them since they block every attempt on the net and wont answer my emails. Very poor customer service… Read Full Review

Thetoastmaster's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2013

Can anybody tell me, how can I speak with someone at "call18866" regarding problems with payments?
My reason for needing to speak with someone, is that they have taken the monthly payment from my Debit Card twice, on the same day, August 1st.
This is plain & simple theft, as there appears to be no means of recovering the 2nd payment.
Any suggestions or ideas will be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Gareth

Read 1 Comment

“My calls were interrupted frequently without warning....”

Written on: 21/04/2010

My calls were interrupted frequently without warning. I had to call back so many times and pay the 5p connection fee for every call. For the last few days it did not connect at all. All I heard was a rattling sound after dialing. If the service does not improve in the near future, I will stop using their service.

Helen HM… Read Full Review

“When I joined this service, it was excellent. It has...”

Written on: 13/04/2010

When I joined this service, it was excellent. It has been getting gradually worse over the last 3 years. I cannot get the operator most days in the morning; at other times the connection is interrupted without warnings. Complaints are difficult to get through to customer service and I am thinking of cancelling my contract. Come 18866, get your socks on and do your job properly. These comments are my own, based on my true experience.
Irma Skeeles

“Attractive rates from Call18866.co.uk for making...”

Written on: 22/03/2009 by letik (14 reviews written)

Attractive rates from Call18866.co.uk for making international calls from a UK phone. Easy to use.

Can be used from a landline (via the 0808 freephone access number or, BT only, via the 18866 prefix) or from a mobile (via a normally chargeable call to 0808 or 020).

If the call to the final destination is not answered (ringing out, busy), you will usually not pay at all via your 18866 account, although you might still pay for calling the 0808 freephone or 020 London access number, depending on… Read Full Review

“I want to get a copy of Call18866.co.uk regarding a...”

Written on: 10/09/2008 by davieriddle (1 review written)

I want to get a copy of Call18866.co.uk regarding a previous bill December 2005 to June 2006 but cannot get any reply from their internet contact facility. No other form of contact seems possible. It is very frustrating.

I think that as they have been authorized to take money from my credit card account and whilst I have no complaints about this so far I should surely be able to find their registered address in UK?… Read Full Review

Black Ghost 7's Response to davieriddle's Review

Written on: 11/09/2008

Hi,<br/><br/>Call18866.co.uk is registered to a company in Switzerland called Finarea SA: www.finarea.ch - you can find this information by doing a so called 'whois' search on the URL. They also have a web contact form.<br/><br/>Furthermore, in their terms and conditions I found the following phone number: 0808 170 170 8 - please phone from your registered line(s). <br/><br/>Furthermore I think there is a site called 'Say No To 0870'. Perhaps if you search for Finarea there, you might get another number?<br/><br/>If you need any more info I suggest you contact Companies House.<br/><br/>Hope that helps!

Trevor 1's Response to davieriddle's Review

Written on: 11/09/2008

I agree, trying to contact them proved to be a nightmare and when my year was up they send me an email implying I had cancelled my card/have no funds rather than asking me to renew.

Read 2 Comments

“The Call 11866 website looks attractive, and the deal...”

Written on: 29/07/2006 by pdysymat (1 review written)

The Call 11866 website looks attractive, and the deal WAS attractive at the beginning (when I joined in late 2005). However, I have a feeling that the company is not totally straight with their customers with their semi-hidden charges. (technically you can't say they've cheated on customers, as the connection charge is displayed on the right hand side of the screen as one of those small prints). I still think 5p per call is a bargain (as it stands now), but once it hits 10p (or whatever it is… Read Full Review

“18866 is superb. Prior to the free calls in the UK, it...”

Written on: 27/10/2004 by oldmanroo (2 reviews written)

18866 is superb. Prior to the free calls in the UK, it was cheaper to call my family in Oz, than for my wife to call hers here in the UK. Now all her family know about it.
I have noticed a slight degredation of line quality in the last year, presumably because more people are cottoning on to this deal.
Have a look on the internet, you won't beat it. Beware though, if you use it for Dialup Internet, it does cost - lots… Read Full Review

“18866 - Free or minimal telephone call charges.”

Written on: 06/09/2004 by limedene (1 review written)

18866 - Free or minimal telephone call charges… Read Full Review

“This is the cheapest provider I have managed to find...”

Written on: 24/08/2004 by triedalot (32 reviews written)

This is the cheapest provider I have managed to find with no payment up front and no commitment. Service has been 24/7 available. No problems - great price. See www.call18866.co.uk - sign up is on-line… Read Full Review