Hong Kong International Airport Reviews

• Customer service

• Overall cleanliness

Hong Kong International Airport - Ask a question now

“The new airport excels in all areas. If you have a...”

Written on: 27/06/2010 by Dee Featist (36 reviews written)

The new airport excels in all areas. If you have a long wait there are plenty of shops and eating areas to peruse. Plenty of staff to usher you in the right direction. Plenty of seating. The whole airport is light and airy with good views of the runways. The transport links to the centre are superb.

“The main shopping and dining area at Hong Kong Airport...”

Written on: 03/12/2006 by msmsm (1 review written)

The main shopping and dining area at Hong Kong Airport is certainly great, the large windows and open spaces allow for a relaxed atmosphere even during peak times. I have spent countless hours in this airport and have never found it a stressful experience. The quality of food at the restaurants is generally very good, which is out of the ordinary for international airports in my experience. Also, staff are professional and helpful, despite occasional language barriers. The shopping facilities are also great. Okay, so it is expensive but it is perfectly possible to kill a few hours comfortably even if you're on a budget. And it is great that there is such an abundance of trolleys for your cabin luggage, many European airports could learn from this!

My biggest problem with Hong Kong Airlines is that I often get stuck waiting to check in at one of the transfer desks. It is frustrating when I am in transit and do not yet have my boarding card for my connecting flight, before being allowed through security to the departure gates and shopping facilities. Many a time, I have had to wait for several hours before the relevant airline opens its counter so I can get my boarding card. Other Star Alliance partners have not been able to check me in either. Last time, there were well over 100 people stuck in this situation. There is only a small coffee cart offering refreshments and it opens late in the morning. This is very inconvenient for those of us arriving on early morning flights. This is not a problem I have had at any other airports and it seems completely unnecessary. But this gripe is most likely not the fault of the airport itself but the way the various airlines interact. HKA could be more accommodating with providing information and facilities for those waiting at the transfer desks though.

“The new Hong Kong airport is the best airport I've...”

Written on: 24/08/2004 by Jonno (31 reviews written)

The new Hong Kong airport is the best airport I've ever experienced in my life. The airport is very spacious and check in is fast and efficient. The signs are easily read and the customer service is brilliant. The gates are built in a line but there is an express shuttle. There is an extensive range of shops and restaurants. It is a long journey from Hong Kong island but the comfort on the Hong Kong express or the Airport Bus is brilliant-air conditioning and TV screens. Helpful advice from the drivers too.