Hitachi DV-PF2U Reviews

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Hitachi DV-PF2U - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hitachi DV-PF2U

“I have used this DVD/VCR for 10 yrs now with no...”

written by on 13/03/2011

I have used this DVD/VCR for 10 yrs now with no problems. It will play disc
that many other DVD players will not - it has been good to me.

“I bought this Hitachi DVD/VCR Player Recorder about...”

written by owleyes on 10/02/2009

I bought this Hitachi DVD/VCR Player Recorder about six years ago. I have had NO problems with it until a recent electrical surge took it, along with a brand new Panasonic Home Theatre System out. I am totally unhappy about this because it has been a great piece of equipment. I would recommend it to anyone. Although I am not a "Electronic Technical person", I know what I like. I enjoyed having this piece of equipment. Easy to hook up. Great features. Both DVD player and VCR player produced great picures. I liked the remote control for this component. I am also not the best person for "maintaining" equipment (i.e. cleaning the DVDs, wiping down equipment every month, etc.) and still it worked, never a problem. No bad points that I can think of. It worked great. I was happy.

“The Hitachi DV-PF2U will not rewind tapes. When we...”

written by sandyr1950 on 03/11/2007

The Hitachi DV-PF2U will not rewind tapes. When we press the rewind button the unit shuts down. When we turn it back on the VHS tape ejects. Now, somehow, the SAP got turned on and it is impossible to turn it off in the menu.

“I have a Hitachi DVD-P2FU DVD VCR combo unit that...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by skoll29 on 18/10/2007

I have a Hitachi DVD-P2FU DVD VCR combo unit that stopped working only a few months after I received it. The DVD player display shows, "P-ON" whenever I plug it in. The remote doesn't do anything. I've read the instruction manual, and it doesn't offer any clue as to what the problem is. When I contacted Hitachi (this is no easy task), they said my problem sounded like a central processor failure, and that I should just purchase a new unit. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

“We wasted nearly $180.00 on this useless product....”

written by GEORGIEMOM on 02/09/2007

We wasted nearly $180.00 on this useless product. Should have purchased a SONY. So glad we purchased a Sony HDTV and not a Hitachi as our friend recommended!

“Like the other reviewer's, ours quit. The DVD stopped...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by Griobhtha on 11/12/2004

Like the other reviewer's, ours quit. The DVD stopped recognizing any discs at 6 months. At 7 months, the VCR auto-tracking began to malfunction on almost every tape.

I've spent 6 months since then trying to find someone to repair the unit. Oh, when you call the Hitachi Service number, the cherry system voice gives you the name and number in your area; but they fail to tell you that the majority of listed authorized servicers don't repair any DVD's or VCR's anymore. "Most people just throw them away". My question is, do they throw them away before or after final breakdown?

I do not recommend this brand. Just try to speak with someone at Hitachi, or find their U.S. wesite and you'll see why.

“Paid just over $180 for the Hitachi DV-PF2U DVD/VCR...”

written by kimrrobinson on 13/04/2004

Paid just over $180 for the Hitachi DV-PF2U DVD/VCR combo about 20 months and now it doesn't work. Currently trying to find inexpensive replacement and repair.

“I have had one of these Hitachi DV-PF2U DVD/VCR Combi...”

written by Mike002 on 21/03/2004

I have had one of these Hitachi DV-PF2U DVD/VCR Combi players for 13 months and the video recording system is now defective, playback is fine but the VCR now chooses what channel to record and not me. The DVD player is fine and has not given problems.