Recruitment Consultant Reviews

Summary

If you are looking for a new job or even a career change - let Review Centre help you. With reviews on a number of occupations, make an informed choice about the direction in which you want to go. If you love or hate your job - we want to know. What is involved in the work of a Recruitment Consultant? What qualifications are required? Just some of the questions you can ask or have answered right here.
Recruitment Consultant - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Recruitment Consultant

Recruitment Consultant

“By far the worst recruiters in the UK”

Written on: 25/08/2015

I had the pleasure to deal with many UK recruiters and overall they were mostly professional, helpful and did a great job. However there was one company, Ball and Hoolahan, that doesn't reach the standard at all. They are never willing to help, their answers are unmannerly abrupt and you can easily get a feeling that you are bothering them. Their job specifications are vaguely written in one paragraph - so I wonder how can you attract the right candidates with such an unstructured, poorly… Read Full Review

“Worst Marketing Recruitment Agency - By a Long Shot!”

Written on: 27/03/2013

I have had the misfortune of dealing with Ball & Hoolahan for the past five years, and in all that time I have never received any kind of support or follow-through for any application. And when you call their office for support, their arrogant contemptuous staff don’t know chicken poop from chicken salad. They post hundreds or roles most of which appear ill-conceived and written in a standard of English one would expect to see in a primary school news bulletin. On numerous occasions I have… Read Full Review

“Ball and Hoolahan recruit in the Marketing industry. ...”

Written on: 10/01/2011

Ball and Hoolahan recruit in the Marketing industry. I have had several brief experiences with them whilst searching for a new Senior Marketing role, during which their consultants came across as arrogant, self-serving, pompous and unintelligent.

Their communication is very poor. Priscilla is one of their consultants. I had a brief conversation with her during which she asked me to send her my CV as a prelude to a face to face meeting.

Whilst her tone and performance on the phone was… Read Full Review

“I got a job through EmploymentCrossing within a month...”

Written on: 03/11/2009

I got a job through EmploymentCrossing within a month of joining. They have a large database of clients and jobs which even don't get advertised over the web. They have a good customer service as I received all the updates through phone calls and emails. As they don't charge even a single penny to the employers, most of the employers prefer EmploymentCrossing for posting their jobs and this is one of the biggest reason why EmploymentCrossing has more jobs than any other paid job portal. Their… Read Full Review

“I did recruitment for six years and never have...”

Written on: 02/02/2005 by Jomo (3 reviews written)

I did recruitment for six years and never have regretted this part of my career. I learnt the role from scratch and conquered many ups and downs. This career path is only suited to those who have plenty of resilience and can bounce back again after disappointments. You need to have excellent people and listening skills to communicate well with both your clients and candidates (who, after all, are your bread and butter!). You also need to be extremely self-motivated to be able to go out there… Read Full Review

“I lasted for about 2 months as a recruitment...”

Written on: 17/08/2004 by Asmatic Ant With Heavy Shopping (26 reviews written)

I lasted for about 2 months as a recruitment consultant. I worked in the construction industry trying to get jobs for brickies, labourers and the like. It was a shocking job, I worked 10hrs a day constantly on the phone to people who didn't want to speak to me. It seems like when you look for graduate jobs recruitment is everywhere. Trust me people, there are better jobs out there, save yourself the time and don't even bother doing it in the first place. Everyone in my office was… Read Full Review

Babrahams's Response to Asmatic Ant With Heavy Shopping's Review

Written on: 17/05/2006

I really do have to agree with this review. Having decided to have a career change, I went into recruitment - what a mistake. This has got to be the most bitchy, competitve, nasty environment I have ever been in. I thought that working my way up to becoming a manager of my own branch things would change, but no they got even worse!! I could not wait to get out, and no-one where I worked is still there - no-one stays in recruitment for long - get out and get a more stimulating job, where your work is valued and appreciated.

Read 1 Comment