Toni & Guy Reviews

Toni & Guy - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toni & Guy

“Disgusting ”

written by LylaJoyce on 12/12/2022

Toni & Guy I’ve Complained and complained but have got no where with this greedy company. Made two complaints about lack of prices being shown and not being told how much I’ll just add it on the bill. Second complaint way to much product put on my hair 4 different products then having to do it a day later myself because it felt awful. Then I found an independent hairdresser who commented on my highlights saying these highlights have bled so go another hairdresser to check and she said the same. I send photos in to client care they tell me case closed I then send to the salon the photos they block me on fb messenger. So now I’ve got trading standards involved. My hair was done by one of their global ambassadors I just wish you could put photos up on here it’s a mess. Date of highlights 14th October 2022. I’d say stay clear because if your hair goes wrong the do not care and that client care not fit for purpose.

“Completely butchered my hair”

written by VanessaMirga on 22/10/2022

The experience was dreadful. Stay away from Toni&Guy Wigmore street it is the worst hair salon ever. The stylist turned by hair bright orange when I asked for copper - they offered to fix it by turning it back to brown (my original hair colour) and are now refusing to refund me for the service even though I ultimately look the same. My stylist was so rude and unprofessional and the Manager Danilo has refused to return my calls or make amends. Horrible horrible team who don’t care about customer satisfaction. Not worth it.

“From long locks to Stepladder/Lego layers!”

written by sdMorris313 on 30/03/2022

I went to T&G in Stafford and I was really nervous because my hair was so long and I don’t like getting it cut because of the tragic hair stories out there. I took a leap of faith and the stylist was nice and seemed to listen to me. She cut about 5 inches away and then processed to layer it (asked for long layers) what a bloody mistake. She cuts it all and then blow drys and straightens it and I genuinely saw no issues as she pushed it back and put serum on to essentially hide the mistakes. I have a huge step in my ‘supposed’ front feathering.. an actual upside down L shape. It’s a severe haircut. Don’t recall ever being butchered like this. I sent an email to client care explaining I was really upset and felt conscious so requested a refund. Couldn’t give me a refund as they quoted trading standards “if it’s faulty it can be fixed” basically telling me to go back and they would rectify it. I said nahhh keep the 50 quid!. Disgrace, cried for 2 days. never felt so bad. Do not go!!!! Gonna take 1 year or more to rectify this disaster.

“BEWARE OF THE COLORIST”

written by EwaP76 on 06/02/2022

I had my roots bleached at T&G Oxford 4.5 weeks after having it done at another salon. Could be spared a lecture on hair and colours but apparently I still know nothing after 20 years of bleaching my head. On a way out made another appointment, 5.5 weeks later. Confirmed, arrived at the salon only to be REFUSED service: ‘my roots are too short, hair will break or fall out. Come back in three weeks’. Even after bleaching at home during lockdowns I still have my hair which makes me think that T&G dyes shouldn’t be probably permitted for use on humans if they’re so dangerous. With so many hair salons in Oxford I’d recommend avoiding this one.

“Was excited to visit Toni and Guy in Royal Exchange...”

written by on 30/08/2021

Was excited to visit Toni and Guy in Royal Exchange Square Glasgow but omg how wrong I was . I explained I wanted a different look and as my hair was highlighted I wanted a more blended colour . Charged £250. For basically a trim . She used Sandy brown and blond and in my view it was ageing on my skin tone , I’m 58. Still can’t believe I paid and left , got home and called them saying I wasn’t happy with colour but 2 nd visit was no better . Think I might have been unlucky with the stylist

“Very satisfied ”

written by on 30/07/2021

Absolutely delighted with the highlights that the stylist did for me today. She listened to carefully to what I was trying to achieve brighter highlights with a textured sun kissed look and her results were spot on. She also advised finishing off with a toner for a few minutes to blend in with my previous highlights and I was thrilled with the results. She finished off with blow drying my hair which felt silky smooth when I left. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole salon experience. Will definition be going back. Thank you so much. You’re a star ⭐️

“Unresponsive”

written by AnikaCarr on 11/07/2021

For some reason the team/person in charge of responding to customer queries is unresponsive and unhelpful. I work at front desk myself and usually if a customer has a query, it's your job to help them! Can't say much for the rest of the team and the hairdressers as based on this I won't be booking an appointment!

“Great to go back!”

written by Ogdenmu45 on 14/04/2021

I returned to the Toni and Guy Brent Cross salon after nearly 9 months of lockdown so my hair needed a real make-over! The salon had reached out to me, which was great and meant I wasn’t scrabbling for an appointment. It was great to be back. The salon was well organised and Covid- safe and the staff as friendly as ever. Despite it being the first day after lockdown, I was seen on time by my usual hairdresser who worked miracles on my hair. The wash and conditioning treatment were relaxing with a head massage thrown in followed by my usual cut and blow dry. Tea and water supplied throughout plus good conversation, as usual... there was a lot to catch up on. Overall the experience met my expectations and I will be back there again in a few weeks.

“Don't go to Toni&Guy”

written by MoonlightO on 29/05/2019

I have been living in London since 12 years now and Toni & Guy is the place where I have always cut my hair. Amazing hairdressers, I was always happy with my hair cut, they always have done what I was asking for, adapting the cut to my face features and my hair type. Unfortunately in the last 3-4 years every time I go to Toni & Guy I ended up very disappointed, they don't do anything I have asked for and they completely ruin my hair, they find silly excuses like my type of hair are not tick enough for that cut or the other, and even showing a photo of myself with a cut of 6 years ago they say my hair change with age! I cut my hair once or twice a year, the last time, now, I have been waiting more than one year to grow them to repair the hair from the last cut and hoping to do a nice one. Unfortunately, because my memory of how good Toni & Guy was in the past, I made the decision to go to another Toni & Guy, in Islington, London, thinking the last 3 or 4 times I was just getting the wrong hairdresser, but I ended up very unhappy again. I went back and I asked a refund to be able to go somewhere else to cut my hair short, but they refused, even if they agreed my cut wasn't what I have asked for ( a Kind of a long Bob with a more sided fringe ). I had to try again with another guy in the saloon, and how I was expecting the cut is still awful but shorter. Fed up enough and thinking it wasn't fair I couldn't chose to cut my hair where I wanted, I asked again for the refund but they told me I had to refer to the head office! I had to call the head office and to explain the situation, and now they are INVESTIGATING THE CASE!!!! This is absolutely ridiculous! I don't know what happened during the years with Toni & Guy but there isn't the quality of hairdressers there was before, I pay £70 but i wouldn't have anymore a cut from them no even from free ! They just ruin your hair. DON'T GO TO TONI & GUY, it's just a gamble now!!!

“Clueless staff who mis-sell products”

written by Maiax199 on 12/04/2019

My daughter visited the Bluewater branch. During consultation she was told a relaxer would smooth out her curls. Having parted with £180 she came out looking identical to how she walked in. We returned two days later and they offered to re-relax it. Everyone knows you can not process hair twice within a week. They had no clue as to the product they used. Their only concern was to say the technician would have known what she was doing. Well clearly that wasn’t the case. The staff gathered around eavesdropping during the whole sorry episode. In the end we were connected to the head office where we are currently awaiting the outcome of our compliant. Terrible, terrible experience. Never going near the place again.

“hair colour totally wrong”

written by margaretbinks on 02/02/2019

went in Blonde and came out dirty brown colour.the guy who applied the colour has messed up before and I had to return to try to restore the colour to what it should be.this is the second time this has happened in 7 visits!.

“Totally dissappointing, ridiculously expensive and RUDE ”

written by EmilioHalsey1982 on 02/08/2018

My friend and I went into Toni and Guy Newcastle Under Lyme today to have our hair done for our graduation ball as we thought that they would do a good job as they seem to be a well known and trustworthy company. When my friend booked the appointment she was quoted that the price would be £25 each which we both felt was very reasonable and were happy paying this. When we both sat down in the chairs they asked us what it was that we wanted, we both showed pictures of they styles that we wanted which were both very simple and would have been easy for the stylists to do. However, once the stylists started doing our hair it became clear that they were not doing what we had asked for and when I made reminded him of what it was I had asked for, he was very rude and told me abruptly that what he was doing was going to look better and had no intention of listening to what I had to say. Likewise with my friend, the stylist really struggled, was asking other people for help regularly and rushed the hair at the end as it had not gone right. Then when I went to pay for my hair, he told me it was £50!!! and my friend had to pay £40. when I questioned why mine cost more I was told that it was because the guy that did my hair was a senior stylist but this was not explained to me before hand. Totally unprofessional, didn't make any effort to talk to us and acted like us being there was really inconvenient to them even though we were paying (overpaying) customers. 10/10 would not recommend to anyone. Side note: They also had an young apprentice hairdresser in the salon who they spoke to like she was a piece of dirt on the bottom of their shoe and made my friend and I very uncomfortable. Just another example of how unprofessional they are!

“Terrible ”

written by on 08/03/2018

I would of put no stars if it was possible. After a perm absolutely ruined and burnt my hair at Toni & Guy basildon the franchise owner only offered to further cut my hair. After this treatment my hair is still a mess. After contacting their head office I was told as I was given my money back they could do no more!! A joke really as my hair is still ruined and will be for months to come. PLEASE DO NOT go there . Totally unprofessional

“Stay a way from the man who destroyed my hair”

written by SerenaPorter on 20/01/2018

Dear sir madam I’m holiday in the Uk I wanted to have my hair done and I booked Toni and guy today in Brighton. I talked to him before he starts about my concern Becoming red or orange because I hate those colours, but this is what happened end of my hair colour done, he didn’t want to accept his fault Was pushing me to believe that the colour wasn’t orange, he made me cry and in the end he put toner as he didn’t want to do it he was keep talking about money and his time is going to be wasted he didnt think about Toni and guy reputation. I’m so unhappy I will have my hair done ( I have to) somewhere else. But you need to make sure being a manager somewhere he needs to satisfy the customers

“Customer service was awful”

written by on 24/10/2017

I called the Bury store to ask if i could have a consultation as i wanted my hair made lighter. I've had this done in the past so knew it was an option. Felt Tony and Guy were reputable.. anyway when i got there, despite it saying it was open until 6pm, at 5.15pm the door was locked. They saw me and let me in but all had their coats and bags ready to go. I said that it says online that it is open until 6pm and she said 'we go early if there is no one here'. Awkward. One lady asked me repeatedly if i wanted to go blonde and after saying no, just lighter, she seems peeved off and said she will need to see pics etc. As i was trying to get a pic of the colour i wanted i noticed her giving another staff member with an equally sour face a dirty look followed by a smirk. I instantly felt so uncomfortable. She proceeded to book me in which i went along with as i felt so uncomfortable and just wanted to leave. She didn't listen to anything i said and made me feel so bad, i literally never want to step foot in there again. Shocking customer service for something that will cost me a lot of money. Think they need to sort their attitudes out.

“Very dissapointed with my hair cut”

written by on 24/10/2017

Very dissapointed with my hair cut at Toni & Guy Stevenage yesterday. I have short hair to begin with, once it's cut it will be too difficult to correct if the finish cut isn't good, to be safe I choose Toni & Guy being a well know salon all over the world. I requested very carefully to have my longer hair untouched on both side so it will look long even the back is too short. The "hair specialist" on that day agreed. The first stop before blowing dry, my hair was OK just the way I wanted I even taken a photo as I was happy with it. But after blowing she kept on cutting I closed my tired eyes, not worried because I thought she was just balancing both side of the long hair. During the service she was pulled out to check the hair colour of the other lady, after a while taking a booking, and another while mixing colour. The service was OK but the hair cut left me crying all night. I am willing to show my hair to the manager or whoever it may concern. I have posted the same review on several Toni and guy websites. I want the world to know how sad I am with my haircut.

“Toni & Guy Lakeside - Avoid!!!”

written by Walker353 on 10/10/2017

Had my hair extensions done here just before my holiday, they told me it was real hair which it wasn’t. They matted so badly that I had no option but to have them cut out by a local hairdresser whilst on holiday, which cost a fortune. When I took the hair back in to Toni & Guy they said there was nothing they could do because the extensions had been cut out, my hairdresser even admitted that there was no way the extensions were real hair as she had previously told me they were and still refused to do anything about it, no offer to refund or help in any way absolutely disgusting! So basically massively out of pocket and not only ruined my holiday, and my hair but they couldn’t care less.

“Just a big thanks for years of warm and friendly...”

written by Ddakin on 18/09/2017

Just a big thanks for years of warm and friendly welcome, with the smile of the person I dealt with that makes the haircut experience a real pleasure each time I visit I feel she is a close friend More of the same

“TERRIBLE”

written by PessiaHair on 10/08/2017

I have been recently to Stratford's hairdresser Toni&Guy. The most terrible (and expensive) experience of my life. Staff rude, lazy and not active. Horny haircut, different color than I had asked for, swollen hair, not smooth and a 194 pound bill. I would definitely not recommend this hairdresser to anyone! I'm incredibly disappointed.

“Tony and guy Maidstone Kent avoid worst place to go ”

written by Hernandezgr364 on 22/07/2017

Went to Tony and guy Maidstone Kent as I had bday money so thought I'd go there big mistake made me go ginger with one strip at BK of light blonde even the boy in there said go get some silver shampoo to make it better I payed 95 pound for this and left feeling horrible and cryed never again will I ever go BK to a Tony and guy store again over priced for wot they did to my hair ask for my money BK and won't give it BK so I might as well chuck it down the drain I took a pic in of wot I wanted and even another staff member said it looks nothing like it