Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci 120 Dynamique Reviews

Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci 120 Dynamique
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci 120 Dynamique

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“A spacious load lugger but numerous electrical faults ”

Written on: 08/10/2012 by Renault (1 review written)

My laguna sports tourer 1.9 diesel of 2005 now has 94000 km on record ,I've had it from 23000 km.lt has been used to travel to Leeds,durham,Morpeth ,to fetch and carry my daughters while at university,it was a joy to drive and at that time I could fill up for forty quid and still have some left.however,those journeys are no more,it tends to be short trips now.anyone thinking of buying one should think hard and have deep pockets.mine has had timing belt done,new ECG replaced,new tyres reach… Read Full Review

“If you do not know anything about engines don't buy one!”

Written on: 02/10/2012

Well,I bought mine from Switzerland,65000 miles on it.I did 8000 miles and I had to shut down the engine on gear(revving like hell because of turbo was gone!)Second hand turbo from a car that had very bad accident(new one is quite expensive),already 15000 miles no problems but the EGR valve was completely shut down and by-passed because this one is the turbo killer. It's more powerful this way also-pulls really quick,good feeling! Only very good synthetic oil and always before stop of the… Read Full Review

“Renault Laguna 1.9 dci extreme tourer. As long as you...”

Written on: 30/06/2010

Renault Laguna 1.9 dci extreme tourer. As long as you don't mind paying for a replacement turbo at some point or for replacement springs.. a beautiful car to look at. Had turbo replaced at 90k. Got a reconditioned turbo rather than a new one and avoided Renault main dealers. Save a fortune on main dealer new turbo and fitting, but still cost a fortune £1,000.

Had 4 coil springs replaced. Two on the back and again a further one on the back when one of the replaced two snapped. The drivers side… Read Full Review

“i think alot of people are a bit hard on this...”

Written on: 26/06/2009

i think alot of people are a bit hard on this Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci 120 Dynamique car i have one and it's great very cheap to run cheap tax cheap insurance and ive not had a problem with it yet
( touch wood )… Read Full Review

“Renault Laguna Privilege Estate - Top of the range...”

Written on: 20/01/2005 by jacb (2 reviews written)

Renault Laguna Privilege Estate - Top of the range diesel. Bought new in 2002 and has been nothing but trouble ever since. This is my first and last French car. i.e., Sunroof wouldn't open - reprogrammed twice; Replace bent anti-roll bar; Replace ABS computer-(recall); Replace headlamp washer jet & pipe; Replace tail-gate opener switch; Repair faulty alarm; Replace fuel filler neck; Replace 2 engine heater plugs; Replace turbo intercooler; Reprogram fuel injection computer & re-gas air con system… Read Full Review

“My Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci 120 Dynamique...”

Written on: 08/08/2004 by parkkeeper (5 reviews written)

My Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci 120 Dynamique Estate Car is now 2.5 years old - coming up for replacement at 50,000 miles - I don't want to be the owner when the warranty expires as I can't afford a second mortgage! So much about this car is right, but it doesn't inspire confidence for the longer-term private owner.
Numerous problems with tyre pressure sensors - the dealer suggested disconnecting the system at 6 months old! Tyres have to be replaced by main dealer so that valves can be… Read Full Review

Homerj41's Response to parkkeeper's Review

Written on: 04/09/2004

I have to agree with this report. I bought the same model from a main dealer in Bristol and it has been nothing but trouble. xenon headlights failing , due to ballast unit faulty . lumbar support failing . The last problem has kept the vehicle off the road for 2 days short of 4 weeks. The inlet valve on number 3 cylinder failed and crashed into piston causing engine to seize . The engine was on backorder for 5 days . Has anyone else heard of a 1.9dci dropping a valve as the main dealer says that they have never heard of a similar case. I collected the car on Thursday . Took it back on Friday to have clips fitted that garage had forgot to fit and have bumper refitted correctley , went to use the car friday night and no dipped beam on drivers side , last time it was dipped beam on passenger side , caused by a faulty ballast unit on the xenon lights. I expect this to be the same so another trip to the dealer as the front bumper has to come off to get to the ballast unit. The car is only 16 months old !!! I have spoken to Renault Customer Services but feel that they are not interested . The last time I spoke to them I asked if I was speaking to a machine , as every time I said something the reply was "your comments have been noted " but no help. The Which motoring report has got it correct for this car the worst marks for reliability. Oh well back off to the main dealers again , I am on first name terms with a lot of the staff , I expect I will get my own designated parking place next. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY RENAULT !

Written on: 04/11/2004

Update and out!
<br>Gearbox very rough right up to trade-in against the new Ford. I feel quite sorry that some poor soul is going to buy the Renault second-hand with 50,000 miles on the clock and think they got a bargain. It certainly looked great - the bodywork is unmarked and the alloys unkerbed. It's going to be very expensive for some unsuspecting buyer. The Ford dealer told me that, after several attempts, he couldn't find a Renault dealer who wanted the car second-hand! It's gone to a car supermarket. RIP

Written on: 05/10/2004

Update report on the troubles! Three weeks ago, the gear lever linkage became disconnected, so off to the dealer again for another warranty repair. Two weeks ago, it appeared the gearbox had packed up. Nine days off the road at the dealers showed that the entire clutch casing had fractured and needed replacement. The dealer was very helpful, providing a courtesy car. We only have to limp along for another fortnight before my new Ford arrives.

Homerj41's Response to parkkeeper's Review

Written on: 11/09/2004

Hi, Went to the garage on Saturday , they took the bumper off and said the ballast unit for xenon light had gone , I was fairly certain that that was the problem , the bulbs are reliable but the ballast units have a problem , Yes you have guessed the next bit , the ballast unit was not in stock , it appears to be an item that fails on a regular basis but the main dealer does not carry stock , so it was back to the dealer on Wednesday to have it fitted. The car is vital to me as I am a service engineer and have opted out of the company car scheme so any time it is in the garage then I am loosing money. The one good thing that I have found is the extended warrenty . It is run by Renault and for my car it cost £596 . This extended the manufacturers warrenty from 60,000 to 120,000 miles and extends from 3 to 4 years. It includes full Renault Assistance (AA cover) for the extra year so that is saving about £100 and also it provides insurance for your first MOT and covers work up to £750. I hope you enjoy your new car . I had a Mondeo estate on hire for 3 weeks , points I noted . The car is about 6 inches longer so had to move things to shut garage door , It is very easy to scratch the paint on the rear bumper when unloading , I used to drop the mat that covered my spares over the bumper to prevent damage . The engine was much more responsive , the model was a 2ltr Zetec deisel 130 bhp , my Renault 1.9ltr and 120 bhp , but this did reflect in the economy , Mondeo 48 mpg and Renault 54 to 56 mpg (I do mainley motorway driving)One thing I would always do on any new car I bought again would be to have the protective coating applied to the paintwork, it really does work , It is so much easier to wash , no effort at all and I do feel I have not got many stone chips on paint work. It cost me £300 and well worth it. There are several companies that do the coating and I used Superguard.

Written on: 06/09/2004

Sorry you've had such a bad experience too. I've just ordered a Mondeo ST TDCi estate for October delivery and trust it can't be worse than the Renault.

Read 5 Comments