Mercedes Benz VITO 111CDI LWB Extra Long Reviews

Mercedes Benz VITO 111CDI LWB Extra Long - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mercedes Benz VITO 111CDI LWB Extra Long

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by manaboutvan (1 review written)

I owned a 05 Merc van for light building work and like most guys got sucked in by good looks but never again!! Endless problems. Yes it really does chew up the outer edge of front tyres very very fast,both electric windows failed and expensive to fix,alternator had to be replaced twice within 3yrs, engine bonnet release never worked, rear suspension springs had to be replaced along with a clunking noise from the front suspension and lots of road noise.Gearbox like and old tractor clunked into… Read Full Review

“rust buckets , surposed to have a 10 year paint warranty ”

Written on: 04/05/2014 by 46McFadden (1 review written)

great engine ,but the body work is so rusty , you would think I lived by the sea, went to my local Mercedes dealer , because there is a ten year paint warranty , I had no joy , to keep the weight down they spray the van lightly. my van looks terrible when I turn up for a job , I will leave the van looking rusty , to show other people in the building trade to stay clear , such a good advertisement for Mercedes driving around in a rust bucket , very disappointed with the van and Mercedes… Read Full Review

“Vito 111cdi 2005 Wished I had not bothered”

Written on: 25/10/2012 by Fishermanandy01 (1 review written)

Having owned a 110 cdi which was great, I must say im very disappointed. Poor suspension issues and always a knocking noise from somewhere,gear selection terrible and now losing power occasionally with rubbish fuel economy. From rust issues on the earlier models this still has not been addressed and as mentioned tracking is always an issue… Read Full Review

“the Vito wors van”

Written on: 03/08/2012 by STASELL (1 review written)

I am owner of Vito 111 Extra long 2007, shame for Mercedes so far in my experience on Vito put me of on Mercedes VANS and CARS, the Vito worse van ever I had. I ask many people who’s have Vito they told me same thing, electric ways very bad every day different light coming on in dash cost way dear to fix and body get rust everywhere making nose, I advise every one don’t spend your money to buy Mercedes Vito VAN or other merc VAN not worthy. Just go get transit van or any other I am sure… Read Full Review

“money pit”

Written on: 11/09/2011 by stevenneary (2 reviews written)

I have had my vito for 2 years now and in that time have had my vito back to mercedes about 6 times. I had a problem with the engine management system they fixed that. I had a problem with the tracking I told them again and again and they said it was okay even after I went through 2 pairs of wheels costing £170 a pair in the end I tike it to a local garage. They said the tracking was well out so they fixed it. Brakes are always going. I've gone through 2 sets of Mercedes Vito 111CDI Brake Disc… Read Full Review

Lupussarcina's Response to stevenneary's Review

Written on: 29/03/2014

We have had ours for nearly 9yrs now and it has done 76,000 and we are still on the original brakes.

Our main problem with it is front springs 2 in 2010 and now 2 more 2014

Read 1 Comment

“took van back at 3000 mile noise from front tyres ”

Written on: 26/04/2010

took van back at 3000 mile noise from front tyres
tod nothing wrong
took back at 6000 mile tyre on front both left and right outsides are bald
merc told me go away
never again… Read Full Review

“Owned a 109 short wheel-base vito from new, First new...”

Written on: 04/03/2010 by larrydog (1 review written)

Owned a 109 short wheel-base vito from new, First new vehical I've ever owned so looked after it well, washed it every week, serveced at mb dealership, only does light work and currently has only 52,000 miles on the clock. What a waste of time rust everywhere!!! Mb warrenty stands for nothing. Plus all the other suspension problems, and this van is only used as a florist delivery van, not exactly working it hard. I think it will be VW next time for me… Read Full Review

“I have owned my vito 111 long for four and a half...”

Written on: 09/02/2010 by mattb88 (1 review written)

I have owned my vito 111 long for four and a half years. 3 months out of warranty and the 2nd gear synchro went (mb din't want to know). It has 3 holes rusted through in the roof where the mb roof rack is fitted which let in water. There is rust on the underside of the bonnet, stone chips turn to rust in days and then spread under the paint. Rust from the inside on the tailgate around the handle and the middle of the pannel. Rust on the bottom of doors, seams inside and out. 3 shocks have gone… Read Full Review

“ I have had the van just over two and half years. It...”

Written on: 20/11/2009

I have had the van just over two and half years. It that time it has eaten through 2 set of tyres plus it has gone through 2 sets of front shocks, various tie rods and anti roll bar bushes. The tracking has been redone 3 times. The van has traveled only 42000 miles in its entire life and I have driven just over 25000 with light loads. These vans have a problem with the steering racks plus they and inclined to rust. The electrics are also going to give you problems. Buyer beware… Read Full Review

“Had this mercedes for 12 months.Rust is the big...”

Written on: 20/10/2009

Had this mercedes for 12 months.Rust is the big problem with this van.I thought mercedes had some kind of rust warranty?Selected reverse drove 4 feet and rear coil spring snapped!Had 4 rolls of loft insulation in the back.Have never carried anything heavy in the van.Asked mercedes about this there reply (no we ve not heard of this problem but we do sell a quite a few springs)parts sales person! says it all… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Have owend a Mercedes Benz vito van for past 5 years...”

Written on: 05/06/2009

Have owend a Mercedes Benz vito van for past 5 years - only has 52,000 on the clock..

I have spent £12,000 in the past two years keeping it alive!

new steering rack, new computer unit, new alternator x2 (the 2nd one was damaged due a leaking diesel pump??) new diesel pump, new sensor here and there, new shocks at the front, new engine mounts the list goes on... and today something else flew off while i was driving and black smoke filled the cab... I have owned this from new and looked after it… Read Full Review

“Bought a VITO new in Oct 04 and within first month...”

Written on: 16/03/2009 by Fat Frank (2 reviews written)

Bought a VITO new in Oct 04 and within first month rust appeared which the dealer did address after many phone calls.
The rust reappeared in the same places plus more rust inside the van on internal seams.
The van scrubs front tyres on outer edges. It has had a new steering rack at 70 k new rear suspension at 85 K .
I'm the only person who drives the van and it does not carry heavy loads.
Had a VW Transporter for 7yrs before with no such problems in 240 K miles of work… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Vito Mercedes-Benz I think is the best van of all,...”

Written on: 26/01/2009 by kalliope (1 review written)

The Vito Mercedes-Benz I think is the best van of all, because is so comfortable and so practical for a family with a lot of members! Thank you! It's a magic van and so beautiful too… Read Full Review

“I have owned long wheel based 111 since june...”

Written on: 12/01/2009 by Gungeybaby (1 review written)

I have owned long wheel based 111 since june 2007,July 2007 electrical faults appearred,snce MB have repaired investigated
on 8 occasions including the last visit for two and a half weeks.,MB finance who currently own the vehicle { on hire purchase} claim to resolve any issue within 6 weeks!
The technicians didn't seem to know what they were doing, they plug in the diagnostics and stare at it blankly and I quote " we have found 36 faults with your vehicle but not the faults you have… Read Full Review

“This 2005 Mercedes Vito is good to drive and looks...”

Written on: 28/07/2008 by mblundred (1 review written)

This 2005 Mercedes Vito is good to drive and looks considerably better than it's competitors.
But my first Mercedes has still been a big disapointment due to manufacturing and support.
It has only had a couple of mechanical failures, quite impresive for 125000 miles. But, rusting bodywork is unacceptable.
On a commercial vehicle, money is what counts. My local Mercedes service agent charges almost £100 per hour and each repair has had to be corrected at least once.
I refuse to pay that rate… Read Full Review

“My Mercedes Benz Vito is 4 years and 4 months old....”

Written on: 05/05/2008

My Mercedes Benz Vito is 4 years and 4 months old. 51.000 miles. It has not been used for heavy work. I am a printing press engineer. All it is used for is carrying tools and occasionally personal stuff. The most weight it has carried is a fridge freezer. Considering it has had 2 new shock accsorbers, 1 spring, radiator problems, fuel consumption is not good and has had serious rust problems, it is not good value. Merc don't want to know about ongoing rust problems. I will be changing as soon… Read Full Review

“Nice van if it works. Don't give Mercedes your cash....”

Written on: 11/01/2008

Nice van if it works. Don't give Mercedes your cash. The quality of their product has improved since a few years ago but it is still not good enough. This was the most expensive van I looked at and could have got a better built vehicle with another dealer for thousands less. I have wasted days of my working time driving the van to the other side of town to the dealer and sitting waiting for the repair or loading all of the materials/tools into the loan van and then back for my van ,unloading… Read Full Review

“Mercedes would take no responsibility whatsoever. Each...”

Written on: 23/07/2007 by ray convery (1 review written)

Mercedes would take no responsibility whatsoever. Each time I spoke to somebody different they kept informing me that the radio was not the original one but seemed to get flustered when I informed them that they installed the radio/sat nav system… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have owned my Mercedes-Benz VITO 111CDI LWB Extra...”

Written on: 24/03/2007 by brucei17 (1 review written)

I have owned my Mercedes-Benz VITO 111CDI LWB Extra Long now for nearly 2 years and I cannot express my complete disappointment, distrust and disgust with not only the vehicle but also the complete lack of support from Mercedes.
Since new, I have had major suspension problems, from noises like twisting metal, to banging noises from the suspension. On full lock the van crabs to such an extent that you cannot use full lock.
The van wanders across the road and the steering wheel cannot be… Read Full Review

“I have had my Mercedes-Benz VITO 111CDI LWB Extra Long...”

Written on: 15/05/2005 by Jon Starkey (1 review written)

I have had my Mercedes-Benz VITO 111CDI LWB Extra Long van for just over a year & done 20,000 miles. In this time the following has happened to it/been replaced on it:

It is on it's third set of front tyres due to excessive tire wear on the outside edge. Each set lasts about 9000 miles then its illegal.

The van has been re-tracked on three occasions, the first time took 4 1/2 hours & then had to be returned for stearing wheel re-alignment.

It is on its third set of wheel trims due to them… Read Full Review

F Rankie's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 26/05/2005

I used to own a vito 110, had an awful knocking on the front end, put it on full lock it felt like youv'e run over something.
Got myself a transporter T30 174 awesome bit of kit. recommended.

446297_Jeff 247's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 08/03/2009

Hi my name is Jeff and I have a vito sport 7 months old 8,000 miles and just put 2 new tyres on the front same probs as you also knocking the front main dealer doesn,t want to know this van cost £21000,00 plus VAT

John002's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 06/03/2007

Thanks for the reviews and comments guys, I was dead set on a SWB 111 but not so sure know. Will have to think a bit longer.

240793_Xx06's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 30/04/2006

Sorry to hear your problems...I've got the same, Had it for 18 months now, same probklems all the time, rust is also now appearing on hidden bodywork such as welding joints, etc. Thinking of my next move now...

Jeremy James's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 13/01/2006

I have had similar problems to those described, the poor after sales service upsets me the most. Things were much better when Mercedes car dealers looked after light commercials but MBUK know best!
<br>The tyre wear problem is caused by the tyres folding under when turning on a full lock. You can almost feel the rubber rolling off, which is due to poor steering geometry by design. I have improved mine by fitting springs from the people carrier which has lowered the suspension and increased the camber. Overall, good looking van but very disappointing to own.

F Rankie's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 02/12/2005

Yes I had the track rod end bush changed, and like your Vito it was shot basically. It was OK for 6 weeks then the infernal knocking returned.

Taylor Made's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 30/11/2005

Yep, got the same tyre wear problem as you at 9000 miles & 13 months old. The local tyre centre said it was not the tracking at fault and to contact the dealer. Dealer said it would cost me about £230 to diagnose the problem and the cost of rectifying the fault would also fall to me. NOT IMPRESED. Considering my next move.

215254_Peter Bailey's Response to Jon Starkey's Review

Written on: 28/10/2005

I have to say that I am very surprised to hear that you have had so much trouble with your Vito 111 LWB and that your Dealer seems to know so little and doesn't want to help. Maybe you should come down to sunny Suffolk and purchase your next one as I have had no problems since Purchasing my New Vito late last year. I would definitely recommend the Vito and will buy another once my finance agreement ends. I have to say that my local Dealer was nothing but helpful throughout my purchase and when I have returned for servicing I have been given a first class experience!

Read 8 Comments