Remington Wet 2 Straight Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

Remington Wet 2 Straight - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Remington Wet 2 Straight

“Electrical problem with the original and replacements”

written by dihett on 10/04/2013

I bought this hair straightener and used it minimally. One day, it just wouldn't stay turned on. I assumed it had to be fixable because I rarely used it. bought another one, same problem.piece of junk. It has an image of a lock in the light up area-I have no idea what this means.

“Amazing!”

written by on 13/03/2013

This straightener has been my life saver! I got it for Christmas and I wasn't too thrilled about it because I have very thick curly hair and I have tried many other straighteners and they would take me two hours and my hair would still be wavy. So I wasn't completely sure how this straightener would be any different. But I was wrong! It takes me about 45 minutes to straighten and lasts all day, I know it says you can straighten your hair while its still damp but I'm not going to try it. But overall terrific!

“NO! NO! NO!”

written by marcia300 on 28/02/2013

I've owned this straightner for about two years. I do not straighten my hair very often and also own a difrent one so the damage wasnt blamed on this crappy straightner. Last week i straighten my hair with this straightner and it ruined it. I normally have very long and healthy hair this piece of rubbish made it into hay. There is absolutly nothing good about this straightner. DO NOT BUY IT.

“Do Not Use On Wet Hair At All!!”

written by on 20/02/2013

I used this straightener on wet/damp hair. I don't understand the name of this straightener. It does make you hair frome wet to straight but it burns your hair. Last night.I got it for christmas and I used it on the 27th of december and woke up the next morning and then I really noticed all of my split ends. I was scared this mightve happend so I basically used all of my protectant. Ir works well on dry hair just not wet!!!

“Do Not Buy This”

written by maggieluvsyoou on 27/09/2012

i got this straightener a about two years ago. Ive been using it without realizing that it RUINS your hair. i got a new Sesu revolution and my hair feels so much softer and ther is 90x less damage on my hair than when i used this piece of junk. It snags my hair whenever i used it and my ends looked awful. If youre going to buy a hair straightener SPLURGE and get a good expensive one. You can get them on amazon for almost half price sometimes! Do notttt do what i did

“Horrible ”

written by AlexaSss on 22/09/2012

I have had this for a very long time and I feel like it ruined my hair. I would recommend this to anyone..Its TERRIBLE. I have very thick hair and it sucks..I recommend Chi hair straighteners there so so so much better just got mine a few weeks ago loveeee it. But this Remington one sucks!

“Bought this & though very happy with the results on my...”

written by on 14/05/2012

Bought this & though very happy with the results on my hair it it developed electrical fault after 3 mths and became dangerous to use. Returned it & got replacement assuming the fault was a one off . Unfortunately happened again but this time managed 4 mths before it stopped working. Was offered same again as replacement but I'm going to try another brand now after years of using Remington products.

“Best Hair Straightener ever!!!!!!! :)”

written by on 04/02/2012

After having this straightener for a couple of months.......i absolutely LOVE it. I use it every single morning and it has never damaged my hair and all of my friends love my hair they always ask me how i do it and i always tell them it was because of the " Wet2straight Remington straightener". I think it is a wonderful straightener and people should buy it. I would never regret having this wonderful straightener EVER!!!!! I liked that it can straighten your hair when it is wet. I would have liked to know before i purchased it what the cloud button meant. I am pretty sure the green means- your hair is dry and the blue means- your hair is wet. I would just like to recommend this straightener for everyone because i guarantee it will make you happy and you will get a lot of good compliments :) Enjoy;)

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2012

Hi, This is nice but very easy to broke it.. Please send me email where can i send the nearest service center of this.. I bought 2 but quickly broken. My email add is [email protected] Please give me the nearest service center here in dubai.

“Really rubbish”

written by Nell61 on 07/01/2012

These are absolutely cr*p. I got loads of spilt ends, when using the wet mode, and it takes far more time than drying first, and then straightening. It's really weird because on my friends hair, the results are really good, and her hair is sleek and shiny, however whe. used on my hair it took me ages and hair was still very damp and curly afterwards. The dry setting of these, however is the opposite. My hair is sleek ish an straight enough, but nothing special. Don't buy.

“Remington wet 2 straight ”

written by on 25/12/2011

it is absolutely awful it drained my hair, I had a large amount of hair fall coming out and the smell of burnt fried hair I would NOT reccomend it, it was fine the first two days but then I started realising what I've been putting my poor hair through,

“Could have been great...”

written by ms_sem on 16/10/2011

PROS --> - Straightens hair very well. - They look good. - Adjustable heat controls. - Can choose function of whether to use on wet or dry hair. Cons --> - Absolutely killed my hair; even when using heat defense products. - Made my hair STINK like a fire. The smell lingered even after hair was washed... I could still smell it on my wet hair after shampooing/conditioning! - After 6 months use (with regular trips to the hair salon) my once strong and thick hair is now fragile;

“Wet 2 Straight”

written by Jemstone on 20/06/2011

After using these I would not recommend anybody tries to straighten their hair whilst wet with any straightners - I have used these 2 or 3 times and since then the condition of my hair has been terrible it looks singed and burnt even on the shortest parts of my hair.

“I've owned this straightener for less than a year and...”

written by on 03/05/2011

I've owned this straightener for less than a year and it literally just blew up in my hand tonight. I was in the process of a swipe on my hair and the power cord literally busted off for no reason and sparks flew out the end of it. I'm lucky I didn't singe any hair off.

“THIS PRODUCT IS AWFULL NOT WORTH THE PRICE”

written by on 14/04/2011

THIS PRODUCT IS AWFULL NOT WORTH THE PRICE

“Having been bought Remington's Wet 2 Straight...”

written by on 17/02/2011

Having been bought Remington's Wet 2 Straight Straightener for a birthday present over a year ago, I can still say how impressed I have been by this straightener, it takes around 30 secs to heat up to average 200 degrees and has a lock function so you can't accidentally change the heat setting. Having rather thick, coarse and frizzy hair it takes my 'mane' and flattens it within the first stroke from dry hair and leaves it silky, shiny and pin straight until I next come to wash it which is amazing! Even some of my friends have commented on the silky shininess of my hair even when no conditioner has been used!f I try not to use it on wet hair too often because it can leave your hair smelling of 'heat' and bad split ends but once every so often wouldn't do it any harm but do be careful of the steam you can easily burn yourself if you hold your fingers over to holes. As it only takes them around 20mins to cool down they are ideal for a quick fix and come with a heat proof pouch for storage during periods of no use. They feel quite durable but if you press down too hard on the plates it won't do them any good as any straightener wouldn't. Overall very impressed and would recommend highly to anyone with thick untameable hair mainly but they are ideal for use on pretty much any hair type as well.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2011

This review sounds as if it was written by someone who works for the company!

“I have very thick, curly hair and am often sceptical...”

written by on 04/02/2011

I have very thick, curly hair and am often sceptical about straighteners (since they never properly work and my hair curls after an hour). I bought these straighteners because they were on offer and I liked the idea of not having to dry before straightening.
I LOVE THESE STRAIGHTENERS! They're beautiful and they work like a dream! I stepped out of the shower, towel dried and began straightening, and although the hissing is at first intimidating, hair is dry and perfectly straight on the second stroke. What's more, my hair has never been so shiny, soft or been straight for so long (day THREE and still haven't had to re-straighten), it's better than coming from the salon. I would recommend these straighteners to anybody.

“I HATE THIS FLAT IRON!!! I DO NOT RECOMEND BUYING...”

written by on 22/12/2010

I HATE THIS FLAT IRON!!! I DO NOT RECOMEND BUYING THIS!! IT GAVE ME SO MANY SPLIT ENDS, IT BURNS MY HAND FROM THE STEAM THAT COMES OFF OF, AND IT MAKES MY HAIR STINK!! I HATE IT!!! DO NOT BUY IT!!!

“Oh My gosh!!! I never actually thought this...”

written by on 07/12/2010

Oh My gosh!!! I never actually thought this straightner would be so AMAZING...
It leaves your hair silky and smooth from wet in minutes. I am so happy I mean, I HATE blowdrying,,, so this is huge Deal to me. I liked the heatproof bag you got with it, it is really handy,,, I like that this straightner is LONGLASTING and is a nice style. Having owned this for 1 year,, it doesnt fry or damage your hair

“This product is amazing! It is fast to heat up, can be...”

written by on 27/11/2010

This product is amazing! It is fast to heat up, can be used on wet or dry hair, is very simple to use and is better than the wet to straight straighteners my hair stylist uses! I like the free heat-proof bag too- although I was wary that it might not work, it surprised me and now I can style my hair and pack my straighteners away without worrying about whether they will mark anything.

“AWESOME STRAIGHTNER DOEST COST MUCH & I LIKE BUYING...”

written by on 31/08/2010

AWESOME STRAIGHTNER DOEST COST MUCH & I LIKE BUYING EXPENSIVE ONE BECAUSE I FEEL THEY ARE THE ONES THAT WORK BEST BUT ITS NOT TRUE THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR COST ME $23 AT WALMART & WHEN I TOOK IT ON A TRIP TO CALIFORNIA MY FRIEND BORROWED IT & SHE LOVED IT SO FOR HER BIRTHDAY I BOUGHT HER ONE IT WORKS REALLY GOOD HEATS UP IN LESS THAN A MIN IT AWESOME I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT & IT DOESNT COST TOO MUCH I LOVE IT I HAVENT BOGUHT ANOTHER ONE BECAUSE SO FAR IT HAS LAST ME I HAVE DROPPED IT BUT IT STILL WORKS I LOVE AWESOME PRICE TOO

Asked by gospelmom on 19th October 2014 Report this content
What does the code E1 mean? It won't heat up.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site