• Flight on time?

• Quality of food

KLM - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for KLM

KLM

“The worst I have flown with”

Written on: 11/02/2022 by danjohnson42 (7 reviews written)

The worst food choices I have had the chance of flying in. They could do better with their food. The taste was bland and there is nothing you can choose from really.

“bad experiancess”

Written on: 29/07/2019

hi this was and last time I'm going with KLM. personnel was good. Every time I changed my flight I took my luggage with me long time standing on weighting gate they not seen it my staff has tagged from klm previous flight same company and have a sticker and label from same air line they just weighting and charging the weight of the luggage . they just doing business with no id what they doing. I had past from Toronto to Dubai 3 flight and multi city with 2 different flight non of them like KLM ridicules and give hard time .because of that they broken the 2 of wheels luggage and there is no forum to fill up the complain abut this problem .still after weeks past I'm tired of this flight I had, I cant makeup my self .

“They care about how you fly. ”

Written on: 01/09/2017 by Larson280 (1 review written)

KLM makes an effort to stay as close as possible to there core values. Yes, they are more expensive than low budget airlines but for that everything is included. If you count baggage, drinks, free seat choice inflight entertaiment etc. the small differance you are left with is more than made up for. There fleet is quite new and well equipped and the leg space is so much better than then with competitors. I would make a good comparison before you fly next time and look beyond the first things an airline wants to show you.

“Nothing Changes”

Written on: 13/04/2017 by AlondraGrady403 (1 review written)

The recent news about United Airlines brought back an unpleasant memory. My wife and I were booked on a KLM flight out of Bristol to Venice with a change at Amsterdam. It was to be an anniversary trip and had been booked six months in advance. Arriving at Bristol in plenty of time we were informed that our seats had been 'sold on' to business class passengers who were paying more to be on the flight. It meant we would miss our connection and not arrive at Venice until a day later. I have not flown KLM since.

“The most unhelpful airline!”

Written on: 11/04/2017 by Crash.UK (13 reviews written)

Booked with KLM as I thought they were one of the better airlines but even BEFORE my flight this had turned out to be wrong. I am booked on a flight which I want to amend to the earlier departure time. Called KLM and because my flight was booked through an online agent they will not deal with me! Really? I paid, I'm the traveller, yet that means nothing to KLM. Unfortunately I cannot get through to the agent although they are the biggest in Europe which was explained to KLM yet still no help! Never had a problem amending flights with any other airline booked through the same agent, why is KLM so anti customer service? Been totally shafted. May add to this review after my flight but for now I'd never use KLM again.

“First Class Airline”

Written on: 15/07/2016 by Carter262 (1 review written)

just flew Birmingham to Cape Town via Amsterdam everything great - friendly staff, good food and up to date films

“I love this airline”

Written on: 21/03/2016

I am so impressed with the service experienced that I would like to make this my regular airline. The staff were very friendly and professional. The food was nice and I felt like I was being pampered without even being in first class. I thought everything was very well organised and I got the impression that the crew really did care about their customer's experiences. I can honestly say I would recommend this airline to anybody. I have to add that the flight into Dubai arrived about twenty minutes late, however I believe this was not the fault of the crew. There had been bad weather earlier.

“From ok to one the worst airline in Europe”

Written on: 01/11/2015 by Darrell322 (1 review written)

A company is always the reflect of its employees and it is the case with KLM. It used to be a fine airline few years ago. I don’t know what happened but it went from fine to a total nightmare. 1st bad experience: Trying to defraud customers at Hamburg airport. In the past, luggage were included in the rpice of the flight at KLM, but the last few years they have decided to go “low quality, high cost and low service” like all the would be Ryanair out there. As a result, passenger have now to pay extra for their normal suitcase. I used to fly from Amsterdam to Hamburg with them, until I realise that the desk attendants in Hamburg were in league with one of their “business partners” Havas to try to overcharge passengers on luggage. Under false pretences, they try to increase or even double the displayed prices. Most passengers don’t check for real online prices when they are at the desk at the airport, they believe the employees. But it appears that they overcharge! And it is not done by KLM directly, for booking & paying for luggage, they use Havas, a completely private company that has nothing to do with KLM. Obviously some desk employees at KLM and Havas are in league and send to Havas customers giving an inflated price. Then at the Havas desk, they collect the money and probably share it afterwards with their accomplices. Problem is I found out, and I showed them the real prices, call for a manager and they had to decrease the prices to their real values. But asi said, most people never check. 2nd bad experience: A flight booked two month before, arriving at Amsterdam Schipol airport going to Hamburg, I was put on a waiting list! When I booked the flight 2 months earlier, choosing my seat, this flight was empty at the time. But I was the one on the waiting list!!! 3rd nightmare with KLM. Coming from Hamburg to Amsterdam. Arriving early at the airport, I received a sms informing me that the flight was cancelled due to “fog in Amsterdam. I went to the desk and rebooked for the next day. When I checked later online on weather forecast websites, I realised that there was no fog in Hamburg, no fog in Amsterdam or anywhere else in northern Europe. But the worst was to come. In the evening, I received another sms informing me that my rebooked flight for the next day has also been cancelled with the same fake reason of fog. I check again the weather forecast on different website: clear sky, calm wind, 5 km from Hamburg to Amsterdam, London to Oslo. I can only conclude that KLM lie to their passengers, hate me and hate their customers, and that their main goal of KLM employees is to lose their jobs and have the airline be closed. I will help them in their mediocrity and lies by not flying with this pitiful company anymore.

Ericwa's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2015

It's true, they really take people for idiots. Flight cancelled because of so called fog while the weather is clear and great

Read 1 Comment

“BEWARE OF WEB SITE”

Written on: 18/09/2015 by ruffie467 (1 review written)

We are seniors and this is the second time using KLM the first was booked through a travel agent to Europe with a cruise. This year using a stop at Paris then to Rome to connect with a cruise we did our own air on the KLM website. The flight from Toronto to Paris our luggage weight was ok on a Air France(SISTER AIRLINE) flight, also on our return two flights home Rome to Amsterdam and then to Toronto. When we checked in for our flight Paris to Rome it was on a Air France counter with a boarding pass from them we were told our flight was with Air Alitalia and to check in at their gate when at the gate they had a makeshift scale and weighed everything including my wife's purse and said I would have to check in my carryon as they said along with a small bag was overweight and pay 70 Euros($115 Canadian) OR THE LUGGAGE WOULD NOT BE LOADED ON THE PLAIN we had no choice but to pay they said that they did not have the same rules as KLM which we were not told about. We called customer service to complain when we got home and they said they could not help even though we had booked on their site we would have to call Alitalia with a tel.# they supplied. when we called that # was told that we would have to e-mail them as they do not accept phone calls which we did also to KLM but have not had any replies. To us it seems like a money grab as seniors we don't need the stress BEWARE WHEN YOU USE KLM WEB SITE to book your flights?????????

“DO NOT EVER USE KLM!  My friend and I had booked an...”

Written on: 08/09/2015 by Missmadden23 (1 review written)

DO NOT EVER USE KLM!  My friend and I had booked an August flight to Ibiza and last minute had to cancel due to work. We resecheduled one day apart for a September flight to London. I had to pay a difference of almost $200 for the flight change, meanwhile to make the same change my friend was not only NOT charged, but credited almost $200 towards another flight AND given some kind of mileage option that I wasn't. When I called to ask if I could have my payment refunded, they declined and said that it just wasn't doable. DO NOT USE THEM! I REPEAT DO NOT! Also,  the person I dealt with was the supervisor whom I spoke to who refused my service. Do not expect even an ounce of help from  the person I dealt with .

“KLM lost my luggage ”

Written on: 07/09/2015

Delta used to be my favourite airline until KLM gave me a lounge in between my flights but, when we came home our baggage had been carelessly LOST. I now hate KLM very much and I would recommend not ever flying with them. Losing my baggage was a careless mistake a good airline would consider outrageous. It a wasn't just me but half the passengers on my flight did not collect their baggage. I have absolutely nothing good to say about this mishap.

“Worst experience ever! Customers have choices!”

Written on: 25/05/2015 by rnkollo (1 review written)

When I first arrived every one was so RUDE! Customer service is awful. They talked down to my family as if we had no value. If I had an option to go with another airline I would have. I have never experience such bad customer service with any other company of any line of business. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. Shame on them for not connecting customer service to customer retention.

“INVOLUNTARY FIRST CLASS downgrade OVERSOLD”

Written on: 19/12/2014 by Lorelai481 (1 review written)

FIRST CLASS INVOLUNTARY DOWNGRADE FOR A SOLDOUT FLIGHT!!!!!!! Can you imagine PAYING for a first class ticket and bring offered AN appology and insignificant voucher because that is how they decided to make business. Not ranking into account the opportunity cost for their customers unacceptable treatment.

“Flight Delayed no communication”

Written on: 29/10/2014 by VickyVallance (2 reviews written)

Ended up overnight in Amsterdam in crappy Ibis hotel, didn't leave until next day lunchtime. The could have laid on an extra flight to accommodate a full flight load of passengers that were stuck. Not impressed with lack of communication.

“Misplaced baggage ”

Written on: 22/09/2014 by McCartney5 (1 review written)

It is under agony, discomfort and disappointment that I'm posting this here. Three of us were to be on a Delhi-Amsterdam flight on 19.09.14. First the flight got cancelled and we were bumped off to Austrian Airlines with a layover at Vienna. From Vienna we were to take a Klm flight to ams. At Delhi airport, our baggage was booked till Amsterdam directly. On arrival at Vienna at 5.40 am we boarded the flt to Ams at 7.30am. We were assured our luggage had been transferred. Upon arrival at 9am much to our dismay our baggage is nowhere to be found. The very unhelpful klm desk informed us that our bags were still in Vienna n they would be in ams on the 6 pm flight. This was 9 hrs after we arrived. They said they couldn't put it in an earlier flt for reasons only they know. We are on a holiday and we spent the day just waiting for our baggage without a change of clothes or even things for basic needs. At 7.15 pm when we called the klm help desk at ams airport we are informed to our utter dismay that the luggage hasn't arrived on the 6 pm flight. All this time while corresponding with klm staff, they were rude unhelpful and giving us attitude. We were offered no answers as to when to expect our baggage. Being compensated is out of question. We all had our medicines and other important things in our luggage but klm has not taken any responsibility or accountability. We have had a harrowing experience traveling on klm and we will make sure everyone comes to know of this incident. By mentioning this here, I expect immediate prompt action to be taken and a written apology from the airline along with compensation for the immense inconvenience caused to us. I want out baggage delivered to our hotel within the next few hours by hook or by crook. For the sake of reference I'm quoting my file reference no AMSKL78772.

“KLM Does Not Communicate”

Written on: 04/08/2014

KLM lost my baggage, which I think is OK, it happens. They found it the next day, even better. However, they put it on a plane to a city which they knew I will have left by the time the baggage gets there (the date of the temporary address is part of their own complaint form). In the seven days since they misdirected my baggage, I got no information whatsoever, what is happening with the baggage or what action is taken to find it. KLM did not contact me at all, and when I contacted them, I got either no response or I have been told to wait for their call the next day (which never came). There is practically no way to communicate with them in writing. You can submit text on WorldTracerWeb and KLM.com, but you don't even see your own messages, not even thinking of a response. E-mail is of course not available. I have to dial an international phone number, wait for 5-10-15 minutes (because of "exceptional circumstances" every time) and listen to promises that I cannot reference...

“my lost baggage”

Written on: 15/06/2014 by Frostre50 (1 review written)

one star for good inflight service I was put on a different flight because of delays,was told in amsterdam that my luggage would be sent on to toronto canada.my 10 hour flight ended up being 21hrs due to missed connections. my luggage ended up in montreal is still there as far as i know,because i was unable to get a PIR number in toronto no one seems able to help .All I get is apologies no help has been obtained.I received a 50 euro certificate for the original missed flight for mynext flight with KLM and 10 euro food voucher for the 7 hrs i was stuck in amsterdam. coffee is 4 euros good job i had money with me I would have had problems.Does any one know how to get help to have my luggage returned

“Scary experiences in AMSTERDAM SCHIPHOL and with KLM”

Written on: 17/04/2014 by O'Reillyeu176 (1 review written)

I had a problem with KLM than eventually can be easly overcome by common sense, something that in Amsterdam KLM, does not seem to produce. I'm a long term custmer of KLM, I'm not a frequent flyer but I'm one of the client that used to feed the company coffer at least once a year with a transcontinental flight. I was travelling from Jakarta to Geneva, when a snow storm hit the Swiss city, as the local airport management is using company like ISS, a cleaning and security that pay staff the lowest salary ever in the industry. Also employ company to clean the runway, but they do not work at night because it cost too much. Result my flight was cancelled and KLM refuse to give a seat on the next flight, the one used to carry business people from London to Geneva, the money people. So, were there a seat available? There are always three seats free, plus eventually the business upgrade. Worst, they treat me as a hassle and not as client, I'm been polite saying I was travelling for 14 hours, from my hotel in Jakarta, they did not care at all. The case is closed, I will never ever use a company that treat customer like that, rude and careless to say the least. My girlfriend just Yesterday, the 16 of April 2014, had a ticket issue in Geneva, the travel agency did not inform her that Indonesia require a 6 month valid passport, but her was valid 5 month and 10 days! At the airport of Geneva, one of the worst in Europe, the world second headquarter of IATA (Air transport associacion), the staff of KLM, allow her to board to Amsterdam, despite the fact that she had clearly a transcontinental flight to board, they did not check the validity of the passport (CARELESS, LAZY AND INCOMPENT STAFF) she reach the gate in Amterdam and a histeric girl refuse her to board to Jakarta. No written explaination given, no excuses, no other reasonable solution. At that point the ticket (not refundable) was lost, reaching Indonesia, where they care less of validity, a fine can overcome the administrative problem. Or flight back to Amsterdam, and anyway, loose the ticket. Common sense is not a gift in AMSTERDAM SCHIPHOL and for sure not of KLM. 3th case a friend of mine, a doctor from Indonesia has gone trought an umiliating questioning by the police in SCHIPHOL because his research visa was not matching his appearance, this is even more disturbing, a scientist must "LOOKS" like what? You tell me. My final judgement, is that what ever reason they might have in Amsterdam they are rude, lazy, cinic, histerical and under trained, really AVOID AMSTERDAM SCHIPHOL. Davide Simonini

“my favorite company in the world”

Written on: 17/09/2013 by ahmeddd (3 reviews written)

i have flown turkish before from amsterdam to istanbul eveytime and this one time i decided to try klm the seats are better and although the food is not the same, i love the service: everybody is cherful and i love the fact that i never had any delays with klm. with turkish i was on hold for 1 hour before landing at istanbul!!

“worst in the world”

Written on: 11/09/2013 by shit_klm (1 review written)

I took the KLM airline this June. And they lost my suitcase. It took more than three month and I heard nothing from them. I complained again and still got nothing. Finally, I complain the facebook and got the reply. However, they only provide 600$ for refunding. What's a bad airline.

Asked by Mercy81 on 24th May 2015 Report this content
I bought promote ticket( cheap ticket) to Nigeria and I've used one-way to Nigeria. I want to stay additional one longer from the date on my return ticket . Is it possible for me to change my flight booking date with this ticket ?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site