Clearlake, Cedars Reviews

Clearlake, Cedars - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Clearlake, Cedars

Clearlake, Cedars

“In a music scene littered with social commentry of...”

Written on: 22/02/2006 by bennii (1 review written)

In a music scene littered with social commentry of everyday life i.e. Streets, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Rakes. Clearlake for me are The Shining but rough gem in the crown. As apposed to the 'im off to the shops to buy some milk' or big brothers prestons 'fax machines n computer screens', Clearlake deal with everyday British life with the touching brilliance that is remoniscent of The Kinks and Small Faces. Creating imagery of particular wit and beauty. Vocals sound slightly like 'modern… Read Full Review

“Clearlake, Cedars - I found this quite interesting. I...”

Written on: 14/09/2004 by Bepethoo (1 review written)

Clearlake, Cedars - I found this quite interesting. I bought it as a result of a glowing newspaper review, having nothing else to go on. Initially I found the singer's voice clear but annoying, as he threw in sudden changes of key for no apparent reason, except to make listening more demanding. In time I have grown to like it more.

I liked "Trees In The City" straight off (and chose it for my funeral selection), but discovered then that the song didn't work in isolation - it needed all the… Read Full Review