Jethro Tull, Songs From the Wood Reviews

Jethro Tull, Songs From the Wood - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Jethro Tull, Songs From the Wood

Jethro Tull, Songs From the Wood

“Just a fantastic album. Lyric and music blend...”

Written on: 20/09/2008

Just a fantastic album. Lyric and music blend perfectly in service of a theme - Simple to type, but an amazing and noteworthy achievement… Read Full Review

“I've known this album since '79, and, although I'm not...”

Written on: 25/04/2005 by Blue Deer 34 (1 review written)

I've known this album since '79, and, although I'm not a died-in-the-wool Jethro Tull fan (I prefer Blodwyn Pig :) ), I think this album is perfect. There's humour and purity in the lyrics, which are really poetic sketches of rural life. The arrangements are very idiosyncratic, but still accessible. Although released in '77, when punk was - we were told - "sweeping away the old order..." (blah, blah, yawn) - this record stood on its own merits. The cover painting was so realistic that I (for… Read Full Review